• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Drag Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because a sorority union considers drag and the assault on drag to be "under the umbrella" of trans issues does not mean they or anyone else see trans or drag as exactly the same thing. Drag shows are being used as a pretext for attacking trans people right now, as you are aptly demonstrating.

Just because a sorority union considers drag and the assault on drag to be "under the umbrella" of trans issues does not mean they or anyone else
That was an example. Other organisations also include 'gender nonconformity' under the 'trans umbrella'.

see trans or drag as exactly the same thing. Drag shows are being used as a pretext for attacking trans people right now, as you are aptly demonstrating.
I have not "attacked" trans people using drag shows as a pretext. I have denounced the authoritarian and incoherent trans ideology.

Just because a sorority union considers drag and the assault on drag to be "under the umbrella" of trans issues does not mean they or anyone else
That was an example. Other organisations also include 'gender nonconformity' under the 'trans umbrella'.

see trans or drag as exactly the same thing. Drag shows are being used as a pretext for attacking trans people right now, as you are aptly demonstrating.
I have not "attacked" trans people using drag shows as a pretext. I have denounced the authoritarian and incoherent trans ideology.
Yeah, we got it. It's "authoritarian" to volunteer at a library, and "libertarian" to outlaw volunteering at the library if you're wearing clothes the Christian majority disapproves of. It must be wild to actually believe this shit. Does your brain ever just leak fluid right out your nose, trying to passionately believe so many contradictions at once?

You've gone a bit further than that: You've basically denied that trans people exist or that there is any biological basis for their affinity for the sex opposite to what they were identified at birth.

Yeah, we got it. It's "authoritarian" to volunteer at a library, and "libertarian" to outlaw volunteering at the library if you're wearing clothes the Christian majority disapproves of.
What are you talking about? When did I call drag queen story hour authoritarian?

It must be wild to actually believe this shit.
I suppose it must be.

Does your brain ever just leak fluid right out your nose, trying to passionately believe so many contradictions at once?
What 'contradictions'? The ones you manufactured from whole cloth above and imputed to me?

You've gone a bit further than that: You've basically denied that trans people exist
No, I haven't. Trans-identified people exist and I have never denied it.

or that there is any biological basis for their affinity
All thoughts must arise from brain-states, a fact I have never denied.

What I deny is the fact that brain states can either determine or change your sex.

for the sex opposite to what they were identified at birth.

Yeah, we got it. It's "authoritarian" to volunteer at a library, and "libertarian" to outlaw volunteering at the library if you're wearing clothes the Christian majority disapproves of.
What are you talking about? When did I call drag queen story hour authoritarian?
What are you doing in this thread, exactly? Are you actually unaware of its topic?

What I deny is the fact that brain states can either determine or change your sex.
Brain states are more your sex than your genitals. The brain is the most significant sex organ, owing to the fact that the genitals are not even a necessary element of the sexual experience.

Who you are is determined first by the structure of your brain, and so the "sex" of someone's brain is much more determinant about "who they are".

Your denial happens in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Trivializing hard-wired neurological systems and instead reducing people to a piece of flesh that for them has been disconnected from communicating to the brain except for "is/not being touched" is a problem!

You might as well be asking to sort people on the basis of eye color for all that bit of flesh matters to who they are.

Even Oleg has identified that there is a difference in the brains between populations. Your primary objection seems to be people disconnecting the chemical signals of the genitals and replacing those signals with something else.

I personally prefer to identify people by the signals their brain gets and the way their brain processes signals, not by pieces of flesh that do nothing in that regard. At that point, you could name "tumor mass" as a valid sex, and lobby against the inclusion of someone in a bathroom on that basis.

In fact, I would almost guarantee that the penis originally developed as a tumor format, so it IS exactly what you are doing.

What are you doing in this thread, exactly? Are you actually unaware of its topic?
The topic of the thread started as drag queen story hour, about which I believe I have said nothing. The thread has also been discussing trans topics, to which I have been responding.

Brain states are more your sex than your genitals.

False. Next. (Note that "your genitals" are also not your sex. Your sex causes a certain genital pathway, not the other way around).

The brain is the most significant sex organ, owing to the fact that the genitals are not even a necessary element of the sexual experience.

Who you are is determined first by the structure of your brain, and so the "sex" of someone's brain is much more determinant about "who they are".

Your denial happens in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Trivializing hard-wired neurological systems and instead reducing people to a piece of flesh that for them has been disconnected from communicating to the brain except for "is/not being touched" is a problem!

You might as well be asking to sort people on the basis of eye color for all that bit of flesh matters to who they are.

Even Oleg has identified that there is a difference in the brains between populations. Your primary objection seems to be people disconnecting the chemical signals of the genitals and replacing those signals with something else.

I personally prefer to identify people by the signals their brain gets and the way their brain processes signals, not by pieces of flesh that do nothing in that regard. At that point, you could name "tumor mass" as a valid sex, and lobby against the inclusion of someone in a bathroom on that basis.

In fact, I would almost guarantee that the penis originally developed as a tumor format, so it IS exactly what you are doing.
Sure Jan.

The topic of the thread started as drag queen story hour, about which I believe I have said nothing. The thread has also been discussing trans topics, to which I have been responding.

Damn you're a couple of boys.

Tom

Your sex causes a certain genital pathway, not the other way around
No, the presence or absence of DHT in the womb at a certain point determines genital configuration. That is "informed" by something far down a chain from chromosomal configurations, but chromosomes are not a direct precursor to that. They are weight on a scale, but sometimes that weight is not what decides the outcome.

It is the same way for the brain.

There is "the plan" and there is "the result" and it is "the result" which actually matters.

Yet again you think an inert, disconnected tumor on the flesh is more important than someone's brain, the thing that actually generates behavior.

It is similar to when I order a steak at a restaurant and instead get brought a chicken parm. Sometimes things get mixed up in the kitchen.

Your sex causes a certain genital pathway, not the other way around
No, the presence or absence of DHT in the womb at a certain point determines genital configuration. That is "informed" by something far down a chain from chromosomal configurations, but chromosomes are not a direct precursor to that. They are weight on a scale, but sometimes that weight is not what decides the outcome.

It is the same way for the brain.

There is "the plan" and there is "the result" and it is "the result" which actually matters.

Yet again you think an inert, disconnected tumor on the flesh is more important than someone's brain, the thing that actually generates behavior.

It is similar to when I order a steak at a restaurant and instead get brought a chicken Parm. Sometimes things get mixed up in the kitchen.
Penises are not inert nor tumours. In fact, I find they respond quite readily to manipulation. I'm sorry your penis causes you psychological discomfort.

We segregate people by sex in certain situations. In those situations, segregating people instead by certain thoughts they have in their head does not make sense.

Penises are not inert
They are when the owner uses a chemical such as Spironolactone to disable the signals it would otherwise be producing.

They are even more so when the tumor is entirely removed.

And yes, all organs of the body originated as tumors. That's how biology do.

This is the absurdity of gender ideology; the notion that self-identified gender overrides biological sex. That sex attraction is a fetish. Lesbians gotta get used to taking the lady dick.

FlcyF3gacAAwBwZ

This is the absurdity of gender ideology; the notion that self-identified gender overrides biological sex. That sex attraction is a fetish. Lesbians gotta get used to taking the lady dick.

FlcyF3gacAAwBwZ
Rachel McKinnon, aka Rhys McKinnon, aka Veronica Ivy's male-pattern sexual entitlement and misogyny--if it were not the genuine article and somebody had written him as a character in a show--would be dismissed as a transphobic caricature of a transwoman.

self-identified gender overrides biological sex
That is not at all what the argument is. Rather, the argument is that the biology of sex differentiation is extremely complicated, insofar as many things can end up many ways in any individual.

Trying to reduce it to just one part of biological differentiation is naive, especially when genitals don't do any of the thinking, and only express the directives they may upon behavior through a single, easily hijacked chemical pathway.

What is more important behaviorally, is which of those pathways are being leveraged.

I'll tell you what, I certainly didn't need testosterone to feel like myself. The thing is, some people DO need it to feel like themselves. And some people need estrogen to feel like themselves. It's a hard thing to explain to someone who doesn't understand what it's like to be taken away from yourself by hormonally influenced parts of your own brain.

And when I feel like myself, the fact is, I don't feel like "he".

I'm not a "she" either.

I think I have an interest in "drag", insofar as I very much would like to be able to afford some nice dresses tailored for my body. I expect a great many women and men have similar interests of dressing up in a nice dress being dressed beautifully, like a flower to be appreciated for a time.

But just like Toni wearing pants does not make her a man, and never should be construed to, being interested in that is not something exclusive to women.

And, I think it's important for kids to know that if they grow up and want to wear a dress and feel pretty for a while, that's OK no matter what the worst parts of our culture may say on that matter.

What drives me to identify as "they/them", however, is not the desire to wear a dress and feel pretty. Instead, my identification is driven by the fact that I reject the influence of testosterone on my brain.

You, the other Hellbound Protestants, and this antipope claiming Gospa is not the Co-Redemptrix are all going to regret your murmurings.
Hey, I ain't no Hellbound Protestant!

Pope Francis said:
Jesus entrusted the entire Church and all the faithful to Mary, but as a mother. Not as a goddess. Not as a co-redemptrix. As a mother.
Shows what he knows...

Eric Draven said:
Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom