• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dumb Questions

spikepipsqueak

My Brane Hertz
Basic Beliefs
Nil
I Can't find the dumb questions thread. Has no-one felt the need since we've been here?

Please merge, if I've just been slack.

There is a woman who repeats everything I say, with a delay of about half a second. She does it every time we meet, but she doesn't do it to anyone else.

I am a little pissed and the word "echolalia" keeps running through my head, but I don't think that is what this is.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Thanks for starting the thread spikepipsquek. I have no answer to your question. Can you give more details about the woman? The fact that she only does it to you is the strange part. Is there any evidence that there is something wrong with her? Are you sure she is not just making fun of you?

On, to my dumb question: With all our bad ass telescopes would be be able to detect a Dyson sphere if we were looking for one?

I Can't find the dumb questions thread. Has no-one felt the need since we've been here?

Please merge, if I've just been slack.

There is a woman who repeats everything I say, with a delay of about half a second. She does it every time we meet, but she doesn't do it to anyone else.

I am a little pissed and the word "echolalia" keeps running through my head, but I don't think that is what this is.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?
You subconsciously remind her of her older brother, who she used to do this to while they were children. It's called "annoying your older sibling does stick your face that way syndrome", which is named after a similar behavior siblings engage in.

Or you could be losing it. Delusions of grandeur on a really small scale "this woman Tommy Two Times me and nobody else!"

Back
Top Bottom