• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

allah dont NEED slavery to build a civilization but EARLY human NEEDED slavery to build a civilization
Okay. Allah didn't need slavery. Got it.
Humans needed slavery. Allah allowed them to own slaves.
Allah must have wanted human slavery to exist.
Why did Allah want human slavery to exist, Syed?

.early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

early human did not invented money and no one work for other people

so without man power human could not make progress

all past GREAT civilization built on slave workers

slavery responsible for civilizing human

allah did NOT condemn slavery because of that reason but make a way to abolish slavery by freeing them

since allah is all knowing, he knows that human slavery is responsible for civilizing human, so allah cant condemn something that civilized human

GOD IS GREAT

I just want you to know what my take home message is on this post, Syed. I want you to know what you've said to me.

You've reaffirmed for me that religion is evil. It can suspend people's logical thinking and moral sense to an almost unlimited degree. It can suspend them to such an extreme degree that they say things as disgusting as your opening post.
lol

No, it upsets you to know that your best efforts to promote your religion have no effect other than to inspire disgust, so you're doing your best to upset me in turn.

It's about as effective as your best efforts to spread your religion: The notion of your pain is vaguely pleasing.
why cant you argue about my OP?

Because it's an embodiment of the core evil of religion from which all the other evils spring.

I could go into detail, in the same sense that I could recover a marble after my dog swallows it.

You just don't get it. The reason that slavery was universal was that slave societies were stronger than non slave societies, back in the day. You ASSUME that it is impossible for a non-slave society to develop a civilization. That is nonsense. If slave societies conquer non slave societies, there's no telling what the non slave societies could have accomplished if they had been let alone. You assume that because something happened one way, it MUST have happened that way. That is what we take issue with.

allah did NOT condemn slavery because of that reason but make a way to abolish slavery by freeing them

since allah is all knowing, he knows that human slavery is responsible for civilizing human, so allah cant condemn something that civilized human

GOD IS GREAT

I just want you to know what my take home message is on this post, Syed. I want you to know what you've said to me.

You've reaffirmed for me that religion is evil. It can suspend people's logical thinking and moral sense to an almost unlimited degree. It can suspend them to such an extreme degree that they say things as disgusting as your opening post.
lol

No, it upsets you to know that your best efforts to promote your religion have no effect other than to inspire disgust, so you're doing your best to upset me in turn.

It's about as effective as your best efforts to spread your religion: The notion of your pain is vaguely pleasing.

Because it's an embodiment of the core evil of religion from which all the other evils spring.

I could go into detail, in the same sense that I could recover a marble after my dog swallows it.

so what do you want to talk in general religions forum?

Why ask?
You only want to talk about your assertions until they're questioned, then you want to talk about deflections, derails and a major shift of the burden of goalposts onto your readers.

Why did God tolerate slavery after money was invented, Syed?

allah dont NEED slavery to build a civilization but EARLY human NEEDED slavery to build a civilization

allah didnt want human slavery to exist but he accepted this is the only way human will makes progress

allah didnt want human slavery to exist but he accepted this is the only way human will makes progress
which begs the question "is slavery progress?"

Why ask?
You only want to talk about your assertions until they're questioned, then you want to talk about deflections, derails and a major shift of the burden of goalposts onto your readers.

Why did God tolerate slavery after money was invented, Syed?
1) paul can answer that question he dont need your help

2) he said to free slave

- - - Updated - - -

which begs the question "is slavery progress?"
human made progress because of slavery

GOD IS GREAT

At least he admits it was slavery, with regards to Christians and the bible, most won't even admit that the bible supports the practice.

GOD IS GREAT

lol

This forum is for discussion religion. Your religiously motivated beliefs fill me with loathing. That is a thing about religion that I am saying. It's in line with the purpose of this forum.

Really now Syed? That's the ONLY way? Do you ever think anything through in any detail at all? Question for you, how do you buy a slave if there is no money? Could that method also be used to pay someone for their services? Could people just volunteer?

Really now Syed? That's the ONLY way? Do you ever think anything through in any detail at all? Question for you, how do you buy a slave if there is no money? Could that method also be used to pay someone for their services? Could people just volunteer?
slavery started long before money invented, the early human slavery based on strong men bullying neighbor or weak people around them

Then why didn't he do anything to stop it once Civilization was established?
When they had, you know, money?

1) paul can answer that question he dont need your help
I didn't reply because i thought paul needed help.
I replied because you have a sucky record at replying to questions.
2) he said to free slave
Then why didn't he say to free slaves before slavery started?
Why didn't he just create civilization?

After the domestication of horses, cattle and dogs, slavery is unnecessary.

do you mean horse , cattle and gods able to do human work?

Guided by humans, they provide horsepower. The rest humans can do for a fair salary.

Syed, why is the Quran against usury? Is it not unfair? Isn't slavery working in unfair conditions, working to give all the fruits of your work to another... curiously as in usury, where the person who takes all your earnings for his benefit.

It's an extreme waste of resources. Those keeping the slaves have to devote themselves entirely to this endeavour. They add nothing of value to the economy. The slaves have zero incentive apart from punishment, to work harder. Slavery is purely a net loss for everyone. Even the slavers. I can't think of anything that hinders progress as much as slavery.

There are theories that the fall of the Roman Empire was due to their slave economy. The barbarians had relatively more egalitarian societies, and therefore greater technological and economic progress. Eventually they overtook Rome.

Early humans were cooperative hunter gatherers that did not enslave each other. Humans transitioned from hunter gatherers to farmers without the need to enslave each other. Due to the extremely financially destructive nature of slavery, it can only exist in already fairly advanced economies. So it's silly to think that slavery is required for it. Only a minor part of a population can be slaves at any one time. So most of the economy will always be a non-slave economy. We have no examples from history that any technological innovation has sprung from the slave part of any slave-economy.

Sources?

Today we know that the Egyptian pyramids were built by free paid labourers. The Inca Mit'a was slave labour, but it was only temporary. Like being in army.

Why only focus on the past? Isn't the Koran supposed to be a good guide today, as well? I think the Western civilisation is great, and that isn't built on slaves at all. No slave was involved in building the iPhone.

I don't think slavery is evidence of civilisation at all. Rather the opposite.

Or more likely Medieval Arabia had a slave economy. If Mohammed would have any hope in converting people he'd have to adapt his message to condone slavery. Otherwise Islam would not have caught on. Now of course when slavery is out of fashion, perhaps it's time to update the Koran?

GOD IS GREAT

Allah is certainly great at being invisible. It's almost like he doesn't even exist... almost.

tell us how would roman, egypt and greek would have built their civilization without slavery?

You keep missing the point. You are arguing that your God wanted ancient civilisations to exist, so he had to let people keep slaves. But that doesn't make any sense alongside the assertion you have made elsewhere that your God is all-powerful and can do anything. If your God is supposed to be powerful and smart enough to create the universe, he's certainly powerful and smart enough to come up with a way to make civilisation develop without slavery.

The basic point is simple: if an all-powerful God exists, then whatever he wants, he gets. That's what all-powerful means. So whatever we observe to be actually the case -- like thousands of years of slavery -- must have been exactly what God wanted.

Sources?
So what do you think the odds are that you will get a coherent response to this challenge to his unsubstantiated slave claim? I'm kind of leaning towards inconceivable...which is why I just went for the counter play with the pagan pantheon getting credit (in post #42) for the creation of the great ancient civilizations...

Back
Top Bottom