• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Early Voting? How'd it go?

How long did it take to vote early?

• In and out - Fuggedaboutit

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 30 minutes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 60 minutes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 2 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer that 2 hours

• I was too stoned to remember.

• I live on the edge and voted by mail.

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So, most of America can vote right now, which is great because waiting hours in line with dozens to hundreds of people at the only place you can vote early in the county is a lot safer than among fewer people over a shorter period of time at your local precinct? Actually, who knows.

Regardless... vote early anyway because Trump might get the Virgin Mary to ascend herself as Chief Justice and order all voting over because Trump losing is unconstitutional.

Long story short, how did early voting work for you or others you know?

In Summit County, I waited in line for an hour to vote today (about 75 people in line outside). They had a large tent that could cover I'd say 200 or so people. And from what I have heard, the lines have been much longer first thing in the morning. I've never waited that long to vote before. I think 30 minutes was the worst. I know many more people have waited much longer.

I voted by mail. In Texas if one is over 65 years of age, one can do that. I just checked to see if my mail ballot had made it in and yes, they received my ballot and it has been accepted. A big swift kick to Der Trumpsters rear end.

My wife and I got our ballots in the mail late september. We filled them out and I dropped them in the box behind city hall the following monday. Confirmed that both of them have been received. Counting doesn't begin here until election day.

Painless.

Well...us Far Lefty's vote by mail as we always do. I expect our ballots will arrive by mail in today or tomorrow. Being stoned is not relevant, though an option...

In Summit County, I waited in line for an hour to vote today (about 75 people in line outside). They had a large tent that could cover I'd say 200 or so people. And from what I have heard, the lines have been much longer first thing in the morning. I've never waited that long to vote before. I think 30 minutes was the worst. I know many more people have waited much longer.

I drove down to Cuyahoga County's drop box yesterday, expecting either a hassle or a long wait or both, and sailed right through. I was amazed. In the downtown heart of Cleveland, no less--everything well marked, cops flowing traffic through it, from the car window hand the guy our four absentee ballots (with the four of us IN the car, with ID just in case), he puts it in the secure box. Bingo.

One thing I forgot to mention, looking at LoAmmo's post, was traffic was a nightmare, relatively speaking for Akron... because Akron traffic sucks because Kenmore sucks... but that is another thread. Anyway, traffic was backed up... I weaved through a couple streets and parked off another road and walked up through the back to the County Board site. What was weird was the traffic issue didn't seem to be related to voting.

I voted in person yesterday. The wait was about 15 minutes long. It looked like it would be longer but everyone maintained social distance. Voting took 10 minutes or so, and I was out, no muss no fuss.

Easy peasy. I suppose I should include the time I waited before opening. By 0800, the line was twice as long. So, about 45 minutes. But I had to let medical boot lady and octogenarian go in front of me. Peer pressure got the better of me.

I've always voted by mail, and still will. It seems likely that in-person voting will be a disaster, as there are usually long lines in the East Bay to begin with (too many Black people on this side, so the state tries its best to suppress the local vote) and that's without closed locations and coronavirus protocols.

My mail in ballot was accepted a couple of weeks ago, but a friend of mine who voted this week during early voting, had to wait in line for about 4 hours. That was also the experience of one of my neighbors. He asked for a mail in ballot but never received it. I think one of the problems here in Georgia is that the machines that were purchased last year are very slow. After you vote you have to go to another machine and wait for your paper trail, check it to make sure it's right, then put it into another machine. Plus, the new machines don't seem to be very reliable.

My fantasy is that there were be so few people left to vote on Election Day, that those who vote on the actual day will have an easy time.

My mail in ballot was accepted a couple of weeks ago, but a friend of mine who voted this week during early voting, had to wait in line for about 4 hours. That was also the experience of one of my neighbors. He asked for a mail in ballot but never received it. I think one of the problems here in Georgia is that the machines that were purchased last year are very slow. After you vote you have to go to another machine and wait for your paper trail, check it to make sure it's right, then put it into another machine. Plus, the new machines don't seem to be very reliable.

My fantasy is that there were be so few people left to vote on Election Day, that those who vote on the actual day will have an easy time.

Shush you, we don't need even more visibility for the possible ways for the GOP to ratfuck the election ... Or excuses to "eliminate highly redundant un-crowded polling places"

None of the above, but I chose "in and out" because I walked 10 minutes to my nearest ballot box.

I voted the last one, because I live in an all-mail-in state, Oregon, and I'm still waiting for my ballot.

Our ballots just arrived, I'm still looking over the judges. (Unfortunately, we have elected judges here.)

Early voting started in Ohio on Oct. 6. It was easy. I got my first ballot in the mail on the 8th, under my name, and drove it to the drop box. On the 9th, I got my ballot for an alter ego, Anne T. Faah. I decided she should have a Middle Eastern look (and I'm a dude), so I threw something together using a paisley throw, sunglasses, and a sort of chador/bandana. I got some dark looks on the way to the drop box, but I made a soft growling sound at those people. The next one was a breeze, as it came addressed to Sasha List (you have to say it fast), and I wore a nifty looking beret for that trip (just for the hell of it, but when people see a man with a beret, they tend to stare at the beret.) Yesterday I got my ballot for Mark Zist and decided to wear a Groucho mask. This time a Maga hat type tried to stop me at the drop box, but I shushed him and said, "Bro -- I'm under cover for Q, dude. Q!!!" He actually high-fived me, so I hand-sanitized at the car (which I hope he didn't see -- he would probably have given chase.)
Wait a sec -- I didn't take my blood thinner pill today -- I think I'm making all this up. I don't know anyone named Anne T. Faah. That's hacky joke writing, anyway. Don't tell Trump.

I was able to obtain an extra 173 mail-in ballots so I sent them all in on Tuesday past. They've all been accepted and recorded, so I know I've done my part to remove Orange Dodo from office.

Voted by mail, actually, just one ballot. It's been accepted and recorded. Easy peasy.

(P.S.)
I can get you all the mail-ins you want -- they will look legit & you get to specify the state and the age and gender of the voter. Guaranteed no phony-sounding names like John Z. Crazypants. However you must be a member in good standing of United Democrat Coven Workers (UDCW). Complete the last line of our union's secret incantation, er, slogan to establish your membership:
Hillary, Billary, Hee Hee Hee!
Seek ye a toad in a hollow tree,
Rosy, posy, Nancy Pelosi,
Eye of toad in a cup of tea!
Ridin', stridin', Hunter Biden,

___ ___ ____ ____ ___ ___ ___!!

Ideologyhunter, just curious. Is not being an american a hinderence to getting some of these off you? Asking for... a friend. Who wants to have a chance to vote out Trump. ;) :D

Last edited:
Received ballots in Wednesday's mail.
Filled them out Thursday morning.
Around noon, Mrs Elixir, our Golden Retriever and I took a leisurely 8 minute drive, and pulled into a 10 minute limited parking space within 15 feet of the official ballot collection box.
It was a harrowing 20 second experience as I searched in vain for the "I VOTED" stickers that had been affixed to the outside of the collection box during previous elections.
That was a huge disappointment, but we finally made it home in one piece.

Why the rest of the country doesn't suffer like we did, is a real mystery.

Back
Top Bottom