• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Eco-protestors deface Van Gogh

As to fossil fules, it is impossible to o cold turkey. It would be disruptive. Her heart is in the right pace, but like many activists unaware of the practical relities. Like keeping the food supply chain going.
What needed to happen was that about 40 years ago we developed an energy transition plan in which we invested in nuclear power and renewable energy sources and starting developing the infrastructure to make those become the dominant source of energy supply. We likely wouldn’t need to give up fossil fuels completely, and it likely wouldn’t make sense to in that overall plan.

But, since fossil fuels are still relatively inexpensive and carry high energy density in a portable format, there’s just too much incentive to keep making barrels of money from it.

It would take more political and social unity than most can muster to go down that route so now we should be thinking about adaptation to a changing climate as our primary goal. But that, too, will likely take more political harmony than we are ever likely to see.

Good luck to the future!

No, it's the province of the educated, regardless of race or any other factors.
Nope, white privileged middle classes, retirees, unemployable students and malcontents.
Are the only people who understand climate science? That is an incorrect and frankly stupid claim, leaving little to really discuss aa you have done nothing to distinguish it from purely rhetorical hyperbole.

:hysterical:It certainly would be if that was what I claimed. Which I didn't.

What I actually said was "Climate catastrophe hysteria is the preserve of the white middle classes."

And the two white, privileged, unemployable students who threw soup at the painting are just morons. Listen to precious Phoebe, in her plummy accent whining.

Nope, white privileged middle classes, retirees, unemployable students and malcontents.
Are the only people who understand climate science? That is an incorrect and frankly stupid claim, leaving little to really discuss aa you have done nothing to distinguish it from purely rhetorical hyperbole.

What I actually said was "Climate catastrophe hysteria is the preserve of the white middle classes."

And the two white, privileged, unemployable students who threw soup at the painting are just morons. Listen to precious Phoebe, in her plummy accent whining.
"Climate catastrophe hysteria" I took to mean an ability to read and understand what you are reading when it comes to climate science. Anyone can learn to read, regardless of race or class. Throwing soup at paintings has nothing to do with science.

"Climate catastrophe hysteria" I took to mean an ability to read and understand what you are reading when it comes to climate science. Anyone can learn to read, regardless of race or class. Throwing soup at paintings has nothing to do with science.

This time you have opted to truncate what I actually said.

Jog on.

This time you have opted to truncate what I actually said.

Jog on.
Things usually get shorter when you truncate them. This would be rather difficult, when you've only made half a point already.

We learn by doing and trial and error. I doubt the original scientists who were conceiving controlled nuclear reactions could have imagined the nuclear arms standoff of today.

Civilizations rise, peak, then decline. Something replaces it.

Western liberal academy and global economics is very much an experiment.

One cannot help but notice the rapture cultists are made up of white, privileged middle class retirees and unemployable students.

Cretins.

A catastrophic 67f in Santa Monica today.
Weather is not climate. Imagine that!

Were you ever planning on addressing my post in which I refuted, with documented evidence, your claim that all climate forecasts since the 1990s have been wrong? Or are you going to keep ignoring this?

The Van Gogh masterpiece was covered in glass so thankfully no damage by these two idiots.

I don’t know what these people are thinking. They just give more ammo to the TSwizzles, Donald Trumps and Fox Newses of the world.

I dunno … it was an oil painting? Oil paintings use … oil? That’s their beef? Wotta couple of dummies.

The Van Gogh masterpiece was covered in glass so thankfully no damage by these two idiots.

I don’t know what these people are thinking. They just give more ammo to the TSwizzles, Donald Trumps and Fox Newses of the world.

I dunno … it was an oil painting? Oil paintings use … oil? That’s their beef? Wotta couple of dummies.
Their thought was "nobody is paying as much attention as we feel they ought so let's be terrorists!"

The white, privileged, well to do middle class retirees and unemployable, loser students continue the hectoring of the working classes;

This is the moment a Londoner angrily confronted Just Stop Oil protesters in the middle of the road and demanded the 'lazy b*****ds get a job' after they blocked the A4 this morning. Furious motorists called on police to arrest a group of more than 20 eco-zealots who staged a sit-down demonstration outside Baron's Court station this morning, blocked one of the main roads into the capital during rush hour. In scenes that will infuriate motorists, activists walked into the road a 7.30am and sat down with banners on the road near Hammersmith flyover before gluing themselves to the tarmac and using lock-ons to avoid being forcibly removed. Video shows angry motorists confronting the group, while Metropolitan Police officers attempt to remove the eco-zealots from the carriageway. The Met later confirmed it had arrested 26 people and reopened the road, with the protesters taken into custody at a south London police station. It is the 18th consecutive day of disruption by the eco-mob and comes as the Dartford Bridge remains closed more than 24 hours after two other supporters of the group ascended two 275ft masts and dangled over one of the busiest roads in the country.

Daily Mail

Brainwashed loons.

It is an interesting twist, as if some people are dead set on expecting the planet to rely on 19th and 20th century technology for the rest of their lives. Except the stuff they like to use like smart phones.

Hi! I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such videos as "CRT Ain't For Me" and "The Price of Kneeling on Democracy". I'm here to talk to you about something very important. The Cult of people out there that want us to embrace technological progress. Now, you don't need to be Amish to think that progress is a bad thing, like emission free energy, whether nuclear, solar, or wind. You won't find that in my backyard. You won't see me embracing emergent technologies. No fancy phones, devices with transistors, flat panel televisions. No, I only use the time tested cutting edge technology from 100 years ago. That is the only stuff that is good enough for me.

That is why I support coal power. The emissions from those plants didn't kill me as a child, and therefore are completely harmless. Coal was a huge job creator, helping people provide for their family. Today, coal has been vilified by leftist radicals who claim it poisons the air. I easily disprove that by carrying this lump of coal with me everywhere I go. Hasn't killed me yet, so it is clearly harmless and the leftist radicals are trying to destroy your livelihood.

For the Swizzler.

Well, at least they didn't dump it on a Van Gogh. Jebus. I mean, as a green guy, I just think of:
1) The emissions produced to
a) grow the cow to make the milk (this ignores what the cow went through)
b) produce and manufacture the milk
c) transport the milk
d) get these idiots over to that place to dump the milk
e) produce the materials used to clean up the milk
...all wasted.

2) Did they just leave it or did they help clean it up?

3) Did they pay for it?

I'm glad that I wasn't that dumb when I was that age. I was dumb... just not that hopelessly dumb.

Tell me you are in a cult without telling me you are in a cult. :hysterical:
You keep using the word "cult", but you don't seem to know what it actually means.

Cow milk has a notably larger CO2 footprint than other drinks. Cow treatment isn't great and can border on abuse. These are facts. These people aren't committing ritual suicide because dear leader says a UFO is flying behind a comet. How these people are choosing to express their opinions is stupid and counterproductive. Being stupid and counterproductive isn't directly proportional to being in a cult.

The white, privileged, well to do middle class retirees and unemployable, loser students continue the hectoring of the working classes;
Man, TSwizzle has really gone all-in with his hatred of white people.
Like, they know we have a bunch of minority persons on this board right?

I'm not retired, nor is Politesse. We're both very much working class.

I'd hazard to guess so is the majority of people posting here about it, and that the majority here have worked for a living.

As an aside, we reject such terrorism.

We also reject the efforts to burn the world.

For the Swizzler.

They're fucking assholes, is what they are.

The Home Secretary has attacked the 'tofu-eating wokerati' for effectively preventing police from arresting eco-zealots who have caused mayhem and misery during weeks of protest. Suella Braverman hit out at MPs who voted against tough new measures to strengthen police powers to deal with activists more quickly. Addressing the Commons as MPs debated the Public Order Bill, Mrs Braverman said: 'I'm afraid it's the Labour Party, it's the Lib Dems, it's the coalition of chaos, it's the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati – dare I say, the anti-growth coalition – that we have to thank for the disruption we are seeing on our roads today.'

Daily Mail

Back
Top Bottom