• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election Day In Alabama

The Republican Party will become such a shitshow that the world will look on amazed at how the hell it was that the Democrats still managed to figure out a way to fuck up taking advantage of it and lose to them anyways.

We passed that point long ago....

The election of Trump and the fact this person accused of having relations with minors has a good chance becoming a senator tells me that there isn't something wrong with the politicians (they have always been immoral yes men) but that there are serious character and ethical flaws with the general public. It has nothing to do with who is a Democrat or a Republican----the problem is with the public, its ability to think and reason, and its moral values. Come on, if you allow a man who flagrantly gropes women and walks in on them naked and another has possible relations with minors get elected what will it take to get your public mad about anything? And like I said it isn't just the Republicans. The Democrats should have retired Bill Clinton years ago.

the problem is with the public, its ability to think and reason, and its moral values.

I'd rephrase that a bit: "the problem is with the public, its inability to think and reason, and its lack of moral values".

And while it's not a problem isolated to individuals belonging to one party or the other, there is one party that does its best to perpetuate the inability to think and reason. That would be the party that denies science as a party platform, attempts to eviscerate public education and embraces the idea of "alternative facts" while pandering to evangelicals (who have already eschewed thinking and reason, almost by definition).

the problem is with the public, its ability to think and reason, and its moral values.

I'd rephrase that a bit: "the problem is with the public, its inability to think and reason, and its lack of moral values".

And while it's not a problem isolated to individuals belonging to one party or the other, there is one party that does its best to perpetuate the inability to think and reason. That would be the party that denies science as a party platform, attempts to eviscerate public education and embraces the idea of "alternative facts" while pandering to evangelicals (who have already eschewed thinking and reason, almost by definition).
Yes, except much of this same criticism could easily be leveled onto Democrats. Which is largely why so many are thinking about third parties.

It is all about turnout. Blacks turnout, Jones wins. They don't Moore wins as white people, in general but especially in the south, have proven themselves incapable of voting for reasonable candidates.

In other words, it's about voter suppression.

Roy Moore, if he is elected, will be the second most recognized Republican in the country after Donald Trump. I don't often express any fondness for my former party but I can't help but feel regret that a once proud and honorable party, the party of Lincoln, has become a cesspool of hypocrisy and greed willing to do anything for political power.
Which goes to show how much the Republican Party has become the party of Jefferson Davis.

Live updates: Alabama Senate race election results, polls, live coverage of voting today - CBS News has live coverage of this election.

The Values That ‘Values Voters’ Care About Most Are Policies, Not Character Traits | FiveThirtyEight Referring to Roy Moore,
The idea of electing a senator who does not oppose abortion appears to be particularly troubling for some Alabama evangelicals. “I don’t want to vote for a creep, but I also don’t vote for Democrats,” Charlene Buttram, who is married to a pastor in a town southeast of Birmingham, told the Los Angeles Times. “I don’t believe in abortion.”
So that's why he's likely to get many votes from all the scriptural percussionists in his state.

The Values That ‘Values Voters’ Care About Most Are Policies, Not Character Traits | FiveThirtyEight Referring to Roy Moore,
The idea of electing a senator who does not oppose abortion appears to be particularly troubling for some Alabama evangelicals. “I don’t want to vote for a creep, but I also don’t vote for Democrats,” Charlene Buttram, who is married to a pastor in a town southeast of Birmingham, told the Los Angeles Times. “I don’t believe in abortion.”
She sure doesn't seem to mind worshiping the biggest creep there is.

CNN updated exit poll results, Jones with slight lead in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not looking good for jones.
Mildly put. With 60% of the vote counted Jones trails by seven percentage points. No fucking way will he recover from there.

Where are you getting those numbers?

fivethirtyeight.com has it 49.7 to 48.4 with 70% of precincts reporting. They're also saying the remaining votes should lean Jones, with the question being if that's enough to win or not.

Not looking good for jones.
Mildly put. With 60% of the vote counted Jones trails by seven percentage points. No fucking way will he recover from there.
Where are you getting those numbers?

fivethirtyeight.com has it 49.7 to 48.4 with 70% of precincts reporting. They're also saying the remaining votes should lean Jones, with the question being if that's enough to win or not.
CNN's Alabama Senate election: Live updates
Figures change every couple of minutes, or so. Right now they show 77% counted with Moore only two points ahead. So, there's hope yet after all.

I have mixed feelings about this race.If Dem wins,one more vote.If Mooren wins he will f#$k the GOP.I see win win here.

NYTimes Moore up by only 0.5 with 85% in and the remaining in blue districts

225D54B2-8FB1-455E-A750-D00C51DA7640.png

MSNBC. Jones is leading with 87% of the vote in. Votes still out are heavily pro-Jones suburbs. Jones might well pull this off!

More popcorn!

Back
Top Bottom