• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election Day In Alabama

Roy toy is such a fucking dickwad. He won't concede. He's 20,000 votes behind and demanding a recount.

[video]https://media1.tenor.com/images/7d9ad5ee12e5f257d5aff1746c1d5ba9/tenor.gif?itemid=3533501[/video]

AP declared Jones the winner.

I AM SHOCKED!!! A Democrat just beat a Republican in deep red Alabama. I thought Moore was going to win despite the charges against him. Where Session won won his last by 97 percent. What an upset!

The sad part of this is, if the candidate had been someone who held the same ideology and policies as Moore, but did not have the baggage of being a dirty old man, that candidate would have won. Jones did not win so much as Moore lost. Not to say Jones did not do his campaign well, he got the turn out the vote effort effort done very well, and he had a lot of money behind him, but in the end, it was the #Metoo effort that sank Moore.

What I want to see is if the next governor's race will make the latest UN report on the third world conditions of rural Alabama into an issue and run against decades of Red State GOP neglect and do-nothingism. Alabama is not a well run state that Alabaman's can be proud of.

The sad part of this is, if the candidate had been someone who held the same ideology and policies as Moore, but did not have the baggage of being a dirty old man, that candidate would have won. Jones did not win so much as Moore lost. Not to say Jones did not do his campaign well, he got the turn out the vote effort effort done very well, and he had a lot of money behind him, but in the end, it was the #Metoo effort that sank Moore.

What I want to see is if the next governor's race will make the latest UN report on the third world conditions of rural Alabama into an issue and run against decades of Red State GOP neglect and do-nothingism. Alabama is not a well run state that Alabaman's can be proud of.

My thoughts exactly. Democrat Jones is almost certainly a one term senator. And this term is not full I understand. Nothing has really changed. it's a fluke, a dumb luck and it's temporary dumb luck.

IMO, any Democrat who brings up a United Nations report on the state will be unelectable. 25% of the voters probably fear a UN takeover.

Roy toy is such a fucking dickwad. He won't concede. He's 20,000 votes behind and demanding a recount.

[video]https://media1.tenor.com/images/7d9ad5ee12e5f257d5aff1746c1d5ba9/tenor.gif?itemid=3533501[/video]

Republican party is refusing to pay for one. That's Bannon's job.

Where are all the tweets from SCROTUS?

My thoughts exactly. Democrat Jones is almost certainly a one term senator. And this term is not full I understand. Nothing has really changed. it's a fluke, a dumb luck and it's temporary dumb luck.
This isn't Jeffords changing parties huge, but is 't insignificant either. Senate majority is just 1 seat now. Trump's approval
in Alabama is relatively awful at just 49%.

Great, but when his seat is up for reelection?

November 2020, with the victor to take office in January 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

I AM SHOCKED!!! A Democrat just beat a Republican in deep red Alabama. I thought Moore was going to win despite the charges against him. Where Session won won his last by 97 percent. What an upset!

Sessions was unopposed.

Shelby won 65-35 in 2010...

AP declared Jones the winner.

Couldna happened to a more full of himself guy...Moore, I mean...

Now, now. There's no need for that. One should always try to be magnanimous in victory.

I say that, as a consolation prize for not being allowed to go to the Senate and just to show that there are no hard feelings after a long and emotional campaign, we let Roy Moore go back to the mall.

Easy for you say. You have no mall cruising Alabama daughters.

I'm overwhelmed. We have a lot of people to thank.

Props to the Alabama Governor who pushed this election early from 2018 to 2017 because of the shady circumstances that put Strange in that Senate seat to begin with.
Thanks to the oblivious idiots that put Moore in the General Election. Now way in heck would Jones have beaten Strange, even with his relative baggage.
Sen. Shelby, thanks for speaking out against Moore as a candidate. Sure, you pussy'd out and did write-in, but that did help in the end.
Thanks Charles Barkley for standing up and saying 'this can't happen'. Black representation in this election was 30%! That was the ultimate difference maker.

This is how 2016 should have ended, but it looks like maybe things are starting to shift a little bit more back to normal. Incredible that Jones outperformed, by a long shot, Obama in 2008 in Alabama.

No, this isn't an indication that Alabama is purple. This is an indication that even Alabama isn't sold on Trump and a bare plurality of them had issue with putting an absolute asshole in the Senate. This is good for Alabama, good for America, bad for Trump's blood pressure.

Republican party is refusing to pay for one. That's Bannon's job.

Where are all the tweets from SCROTUS?
Hmm...
likely Trump Tweet said:
It is all fake news. Senate was dissolved by the Emperor! Alabama is a fictional place in the novel Gone with the Wind. I'm your leader. FAKE NEWS!!!

Actual Trump tweet.
Trump said:
The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!
The truth, Trump, is that McConnell told you to support Strange. Moore was your guy, he always was, but you, for once, played ball, but I like how you try to say you were right here.

Also, who stole Trump's phone? The Tweet sounds Trumpish and non-Trumpish at the same time.
Trump last night said:
Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

What is that bit about "The write-in votes played a very big factor"? Is that more masses of illegal aliens voting in secret and screwing over the will of the American people?

What is that bit about "The write-in votes played a very big factor"? Is that more masses of illegal aliens voting in secret and screwing over the will of the American people?
No, it is an excuse as to why his horse lost.

So 30% of voters were black and they all voted against Moore.
that means the white 70% split roughly as 50% for and 20% against.
In other words 71% of white voters voted for underage sex enthusiast, that's depressing a little.

This feels like a game of Jenga, and a block has been taken from the very bottom level and placed precariously on top of the stack. All that remains is to see the entire thing come crashing down.

Back
Top Bottom