• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election Delays and Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when Trump thought about it, he wasn't breaking any laws? Can I quote you on that?
I specifically used the term "feelings" as opposed to "thoughts". And whether or not Mr. Trump broke any laws is irrelevant to the issue of whether or not he is a fascist for wanting to delay the election.

Semantics.

Jason defending the President that sent unmarked Federal Agents of dubious authority to Portland to pull people off of the streets? Man, some Libertarians are pretty liberal about abuse of power against citizens.

Flag on the field, topic change, 10 yard penalty.

Jason defending the President that sent unmarked Federal Agents of dubious authority to Portland to pull people off of the streets? Man, some Libertarians are pretty liberal about abuse of power against citizens.

Yup.

What make trump a fascist is the body of work.

Libertarians when we talk about collecting taxes or expecting publicly licensed businesses to serve the whole public: HOW DARE! GOVERNMENT OPPRESSION! STATE VIOLENCE!

Libertarians when secret police abduct people protesting actual government violence: AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! PASS ME THAT BOOT! <Lick lick lick>

Can either of you point out when I defended the federal agents yanking people off the streets of Portland?

When you fail to do so will you admit it?

Semantics.

Yup.

What make trump a fascist is the body of work.

Libertarians when we talk about collecting taxes or expecting publicly licensed businesses to serve the whole public: HOW DARE! GOVERNMENT OPPRESSION! STATE VIOLENCE!

Libertarians when secret police abduct people protesting actual government violence: AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! PASS ME THAT BOOT! <Lick lick lick>

Can either of you point out when I defended the federal agents yanking people off the streets of Portland?

When you fail to do so will you admit it?

Can you point out where your libertarian sensibilities caused you to reject utterly the administration and persons responsible? You seem to be mighty silent whenever the government uses force to achieve fascist authoritatian goals like attempting to violate the constitution to stay in power. In fact here, you seem to be offering as much support as you can.

Delaying the election, black bagging people, testing waters on ignoring term limits... It's clear based on the ground you defend and the ground you ignore the defense of that there is an inconsistency in your motivations to apply your stated principles.

Can you point out where your libertarian sensibilities caused you to reject utterly the administration and persons responsible? You seem to be mighty silent whenever the government uses force to achieve fascist authoritatian goals like attempting to violate the constitution to stay in power. In fact here, you seem to be offering as much support as you can.

Since you define "rejecting Trump" as equivalent to "supporting Biden", I am definitionally unable to do so. Never mind the fact that I actually did so, but by your definition I didn't.

Semantics.
I forgot that to a libertarian, nuanced thinking is semantics.

Mr. Trump is clearly an authoritarian unbound by our laws or conventional protocols. he wants to delay the elections, and, I believe, he has said he had the power to do so (which is clearly does not). Putting that together, for some people that makes him a fascist.

The PM of New Zealand does have the power (within limits) set the election day. Which means that exercising that legal power is not, in and of itself, an authoritarian move.

So, your OP is a based on a ignorant equivalence.

For confirming you don't know what you're talking about you are welcome.
I realize you feel that is what you confirmed, but with every one of your responses, you confirm that nuanced thinking is not part of the libertarian "intellectual" arsenal.
BTW, LD, good job on almost distracting me with another irrelevant LD tangent.
Addressing the content of an OP is not a tangent. Showing your OP is based on ignorance is not a tangent.

For confirming you don't know what you're talking about you are welcome.
I realize you feel that is what you confirmed, but with every one of your responses, you confirm that nuanced thinking is not part of the libertarian "intellectual" arsenal.
BTW, LD, good job on almost distracting me with another irrelevant LD tangent.
Addressing the content of an OP is not a tangent. Showing your OP is based on ignorance is not a tangent.

Maybe you can actually be useful for once and help Jimmy and Jahryn find support for their accusations. They seem to be having a hard time with it.

Maybe you can actually be useful for once andhelp Jimmy and Jahryn find support for their accusations. They seem to be having a hard time with it.
You are on your own in derailing your ignorance-driven OP.

Typical, given the chance to actually be useful to someone you decline.
LOL - like a libertarian is in any position to judge what is useful. I am not going to go down one of your derailing and moronic rabbit holes.

Typical, given the chance to actually be useful to someone you decline.
I am not going to go down one of your derailing and moronic rabbit holes.

So you are attempting yet another tangent to avoid Jimmy and Jahryn supporting their absurd claims.
You are upset about some claims other posters made and you want me to substantiate them in order to perpetuate a derail of your OP. And my refusal to participate in that ridiculous demand is developing a tangent to a discontinuous function?

Wow

This thread is an attack on people against Trump using fake news about them. Whether that is deliberate or not is irrelevant. The impact is that it detracts from legitimate discussions about actual criticisms of Trump. I recommend that instead of giving the false thread more air time, we just let it sink. There are other election threads covering what actual people say about Trump staying in office, the post office, etc, that Jason could take part in if he really wants to debate points people are making.

Is there really anything left to say. It reminds me of my Senior Year finals in college. You didn't need to study for them, you either knew it at that point or you didn't. Trump is looking at about 200,000 dead bodies from the Pandemic, thousands to over ten thousand directly his responsibility. Then tens of thousands indirectly his responsibility. And an economy that lag for longer because he didn't have the balls to do what was needed early. Add in all of his harmful foreign policy adventures, massive deficits, and no accomplishments of his own to brag about except a deficit tax cut... that we even need to discuss it is beyond comprehension.

Donald Trump makes Dick Cheney look like... well... a slightly less evil Dick Cheney.

Trump's administration is a failure. Biden is the only viable alternative. This madness needs to end!

Sadly, it won't, even if Trump loses. As Trump is a symptom of America's cancer, not the cancer itself... though he arguably is a cancer.

Is there really anything left to say. It reminds me of my Senior Year finals in college. You didn't need to study for them, you either knew it at that point or you didn't. Trump is looking at about 200,000 dead bodies from the Pandemic, thousands to over ten thousand directly his responsibility. Then tens of thousands indirectly his responsibility. And an economy that lag for longer because he didn't have the balls to do what was needed early. Add in all of his harmful foreign policy adventures, massive deficits, and no accomplishments of his own to brag about except a deficit tax cut... that we even need to discuss it is beyond comprehension.
You forgot his valiant attempts to get the Big Ten football season started - an important accomplishment for any POTUS.

You forgot his valiant attempts to get the Big Ten football season started - an important accomplishment for any POTUS.
It is a bit funny that Pee-Wee, middle school, and high school football will be played in Ohio... and the only teams not playing are Collegiate. States like Ohio love their amateur football. So Akron, no in class school... but there is Pee Wee football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom