• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election Delays and Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there really anything left to say. It reminds me of my Senior Year finals in college. You didn't need to study for them, you either knew it at that point or you didn't. Trump is looking at about 200,000 dead bodies from the Pandemic, thousands to over ten thousand directly his responsibility. Then tens of thousands indirectly his responsibility. And an economy that lag for longer because he didn't have the balls to do what was needed early. Add in all of his harmful foreign policy adventures, massive deficits, and no accomplishments of his own to brag about except a deficit tax cut... that we even need to discuss it is beyond comprehension.

Donald Trump makes Dick Cheney look like... well... a slightly less evil Dick Cheney.

Trump's administration is a failure. Biden is the only viable alternative. This madness needs to end!

Sadly, it won't, even if Trump loses. As Trump is a symptom of America's cancer, not the cancer itself... though he arguably is a cancer.

Ah, you do take the time to respond ... and you don't support your claim against me. Why am I not surprised.

Is there really anything left to say. It reminds me of my Senior Year finals in college. You didn't need to study for them, you either knew it at that point or you didn't. Trump is looking at about 200,000 dead bodies from the Pandemic, thousands to over ten thousand directly his responsibility. Then tens of thousands indirectly his responsibility. And an economy that lag for longer because he didn't have the balls to do what was needed early. Add in all of his harmful foreign policy adventures, massive deficits, and no accomplishments of his own to brag about except a deficit tax cut... that we even need to discuss it is beyond comprehension.

Donald Trump makes Dick Cheney look like... well... a slightly less evil Dick Cheney.

Trump's administration is a failure. Biden is the only viable alternative. This madness needs to end!

Sadly, it won't, even if Trump loses. As Trump is a symptom of America's cancer, not the cancer itself... though he arguably is a cancer.

Ah, you do take the time to respond ... and you don't support your claim against me. Why am I not surprised.

It's almost as if other posters here don't think it's all about you. Bizarre.

It's almost as if other posters here don't think it's all about you. Bizarre.

He thought enough about me to make a very specific accusation against me.

Maybe. But it was your choice to go all sealion about it.

I wonder how severe an accusation I could make about you before you go all sealion about it.

Give it a rip, bozo. Nothing else you try is working.

Since they have realized they made unfounded accusations, they are pretending they don't see it, so therefore it isn't working.

It would be more honorable to admit error. I don't expect honor around here.

It would be more honorable to admit error. I don't expect honor around here.
Any irony meters around here still working?

Thank you for proving my point. Your tangent almost worked and I almost forgot that Jimmy and Jahryn made some very specific accusations they couldn't back up.

Unlike the accusation I have against you.

I don't expect honor around here.

Neither does anyone reading your posts.

Elixir says those who read my posts have no honor.

Why is he working so hard to keep Jimmy and Jahryn from having to support their accusation...

No, he very clearly does not.

It's obvious that Elixir says those who read your posts EXPECT no honor.

Which rather ironically makes your refutation attempt into an excellent example of exactly the dishonourable behaviour you are seeking to deny.

Well done. :rolleyes:

I have been told that if Trump even speculates on delaying the election for any reason, that is proof he is a fascist dictator.

I'm afraid I'm going to ask you for a cite. Who told you this? I strongly doubt it was anyone on this message-board, or any American with a 100+ IQ more generally.

If you were not a highly respected Talkfreeethoughter I might almost wonder if you were exaggerating. We see exaggerations like this from some of the less credible posters:

B. I've been told that if Trump forgets to zipper up his fly, it means he is Putin's puppet.

A. Some dogs bite.
B. Oh? So every dog is a fascist dictator, hunh?

(The above examples were slightly exaggerated for humor and/or to make my point clear.)

BTW, "I have been told" is called the Passive Voice. If English is a 2nd language and your teacher encourages you to practice passive voice, then Fine. But, to avoid the risk of being confused with one of the less credible Talksters you should prefer to avoid passive voice when you're exaggerating. If you were told something, then someone told it to you and that someone has a name. Write "Talkster John Doe told me ..." and link to the message. Or, if you don't know the name, identify the person in some other way: "My plumber's girlfriend told me ..." or "Some shill on FoxNews while being sarcastic told me ..." or whatever.

Hope this helps. Thanks in advance for the cite.

Thank you for proving my point. Your tangent almost worked and I almost forgot that Jimmy and Jahryn made some very specific accusations they couldn't back up.

Unlike the accusation I have against you.

Why is he working so hard to keep Jimmy and Jahryn from having to support their accusation...
Thank you for proving my point. It is difficult to believe that someone can honestly mischaracterize the posts of others so persistently. I expect you feel you are saving face with these responses, but you are mistaken.

Let's cut the fucking foreplay and let you explain why you are voting for Trump this election.

As soon as you find evidence that I'm going to do that.

And it has to be better than "vOtInG tHiRd PaRtY iS a VoTe FoR tRuMp!"

OK, how about, "voting third party is exchanging your power to be considered for your power to be ignored"

Actually no. Major features in common show far more in common than minor features in common.

Never mind though, we've discovered the definitional barriers. If you contemplate delaying an election, that's fascism. Actually doing it, that's not fascism.
Wow - using the royal "we" because no one else here is buying your ludicrous argument. For some reason, you are unable to grasp the concept that PM of New Zealand has the legal authority to establish election dates within limits while the US President does not. Which means that Mr. Trump is seeking to illegally delay the election while the PM of New Zealand is not seeking to act illegally. Hence the allegation of fascism against Mr. Trump has some merit but no merit against the PM of New Zealand.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? DON'T YOU DARE INJECT NUANCE IN AN ARGUMENT WITH A LIBERTARIAN!

.. but..but... he's TRAAAAVELING... not DRIIIIving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom