• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Electoral-Vote dot com Peanut Gallery

Woah. Someone with a worse law school ranking than Joe Biden's (Syracuse University College of Law, #122 out 198)? Not that good for Joe
Is Joe practicing law?

Is he representing clients at the Supreme Court?

Or is this a desperate and pathetic attempt at whataboutism?

Woah. Someone with a worse law school ranking than Joe Biden's (Syracuse University College of Law, #122 out 198)? Not that good for Joe
Is Joe practicing law?

I'll take door number three.

Is Joe practicing law?

No, none of those. He's just the most powerful man on planet Earth. Did you read the rest of the article about him? What do you think?

Trump's Lawyer Tries to Pressure the Supreme Court

It is very likely that Donald Trump picked Alina Habba as one of his lawyers for five very good reasons: (1) She is pretty, (2) she is young (39), (3) she is conveniently located (her law office is a 6-minute drive from his Bedminster club; just turn right out of the gate and follow Lamington Road for 3 miles and you're almost there), (4) She graduated from a law school ranked in the top 160 law schools in the country (but barely, at #159) and (5) she was willing to take him on as a client. We don't know for sure, but we suspect her hourly rate is less than someone who graduated from Stanford (#1), Yale (#2), or Chicago (#3). After what she said on Friday, we're not so sure she was a great choice, even with five important things going for her.

Rhea pauses to search how many law schools are in the USA. Answer = 198.
Why do you need so many law schools? Nearly 4/state. Aren't you already over-lawyered enough?

William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2 "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

It is very likely that Donald Trump picked Alina Habba as one of his lawyers for five very good reasons: (1) She is pretty, (2) she is young (39), (3) she is conveniently located (her law office is a 6-minute drive from his Bedminster club; just turn right out of the gate and follow Lamington Road for 3 miles and you're almost there), (4) She graduated from a law school ranked in the top 160 law schools in the country (but barely, at #159) and (5) she was willing to take him on as a client. We don't know for sure, but we suspect her hourly rate is less than someone who graduated from Stanford (#1), Yale (#2), or Chicago (#3). After what she said on Friday, we're not so sure she was a great choice, even with five important things going for her.

Why do you need so many law schools? Nearly 4/state. Aren't you already over-lawyered enough?

William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2 "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"
Yeah. Everybody hates lawyers, until they need one.

Is Joe practicing law?

No, none of those. He's just the most powerful man on planet Earth. Did you read the rest of the article about him? What do you think?
Noticing the desperate and pathetic attempt at whataboutism, I stopped bothering.
What in the article is relevant, if anything?
Tom

Woah. Someone with a worse law school ranking than Joe Biden's (Syracuse University College of Law, #122 out 198)? Not that good for Joe, but maybe his grades made up for it. Let's see:

Biden's Law School and Ranking

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Sen. Joe Biden claimed during a campaign appearance in New Hampshire last spring that he finished in the top half of his law school class, although records indicate he finished near the bottom.

In a videotape aired by the public service cable network C-SPAN several months ago, the Delaware Democrat was asked at a campaign stop in Claremont, N.H., on April 3 about what law school he attended and how well he did.

On the videotape, a clearly angered Biden told the questioner: ''I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do.

''The first year in law school I decided I didn’t want to be in law school and ended up in the bottom two-thirds of my class and then decided I wanted to stay and went back to law school and in fact ended up in the top half of my class,’' he went on.

But last week Biden released his law school records showing he had graduated 76th in a law school class of 85. The law school transcript also showed he made little progress in class standing through the three-year course, ranking 80 out of 100 in the first semester of the first year, and 79th out of 87 the second semester of his second year.

Uh oh. Not too good.
Well, I’d certainly take 40th %ile over 20th %ile in most things, including IQ.
And that comment to the voter was pretty dumb. People are so silly about being competitive.
But yikes, he didn’t do such a great job in law school, eh?
I will take your good advice and not hire him to argue my court cases for me!!

Back
Top Bottom