• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Elon Mush a Douglas Adams Fan

ElectEngr

Basic Beliefs
vulcan
Heard on MSNBC that the Tesla launched yesterday had the phrase "Don't Panic" on the dashboard.

Wow, Musk is a Douglas Adams/Hitchhikers Guide fan.

http://www.businessinsider.com/falc...dster-says-dont-panic-on-the-dashboard-2018-2

I wonder if this will boost sales of the books.

Along with "Space Oddity" they should have "Journey of the Sorcerer" and "Spaceman" by Harry Nilsson on the cd

"Share and Enjoy"

Later,
ElectEngr

I want a good quality photo of the one in the link to use as my desktop wallpaper.

I wonder if there is a towel in the glove box...

I always associate the phrase with Corporal Jones from Dad's Army. Anyway, what a fantastic achievement.

That was pretty cool, T2.

My wife's grandparents lived in Florida for a while. They got to watch a shuttle launch once from about five miles away, the closest the general public is allowed to get. They said the sound and feeling was tremendous. You can feel it from five miles away.

What was sad to me was that the news agencies had no idea what the reference "Don't Panic" was about. I would have liked to have seen Douglas Adams recognized.

Got to "hear" a Thor launch in 1976 out of Vandenburg. There was a heavy fog ceiling, but I guess, range saftey let the laucn go on. It put up a polar orbinting satellite.

Later that year, I saw a Minutman launcn down to Kwajalein Atoll.

Both times, there was a loud boom then a loud rumble that kept on for several minutes. A few years later, saw another Minuteman launch.

The Space and Missile Test Center (SAMTEC) would have ben my "dream job".

Later,
ElectEngr

Last edited:
Flat-Earthers have added Elon Musk to their list of government-controlled liars about a spherical Earth.
Apparently, he made his rocket model out of an old blimp before placing it in front of a world-record-breaking size green screen and CGI'ed the shit out of his fake launch.

Flat-Earthers have added Elon Musk to their list of government-controlled liars about a spherical Earth.
Apparently, he made his rocket model out of an old blimp before placing it in front of a world-record-breaking size green screen and CGI'ed the shit out of his fake launch.

A friend of mine brought her whole family to the launch site and watched the launch and the recoveries. It was a very convincing illusion. :D

A friend of mine brought her whole family to the launch site and watched the launch and the recoveries. It was a very convincing illusion. :D

according to the flat-earthers, your friend is an agent of the government, or an otherwise bought sponsor of their propaganda...

It's better than watching Olympic gymnastics... the convoluted poses one must make to maintain that worldview.

according to the flat-earthers, your friend is an agent of the government, or an otherwise bought sponsor of their propaganda...

That's impossible. She and her whole family are card-carrying trumpsuckers!

Back
Top Bottom