• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, before you know it women will even be allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia and Gaza.

A woman in Gaza can drive and take lessons but must not do so with a male driver (maybe in case she misses the gear stick and grabs something else which leads to all kinds of filth and debauchery). They can however if there is a chaperone with her.

In Saudi, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia infers this would lead to all kinds of harm and no doubt filth

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...i-sheikh-exposed-to-evil-rights-a6978621.html
Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin-Abdullah al-Sheikh told religious television channel Almajd that men with “weak spirits” and who are “obsessed with women” could cause female drivers harm.

At least they are not saying women are bad drivers.

Yea, before you know it women will even be allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia and Gaza.

The last king's dying wish was to include women into the government. The new king has obliged. The result has been a radically shifted debate climate. This all happened last year. I don't think it'll be long before all sexist laws are gone. As soon as any group is politically empowered change tends to be fast as fuck. The country is on the brink of a feminist revolution. All this is not hard to verify if you can be bothered to Google it.

One of the critiques of the sexist laws in Saudi Arabia is how they are unsupported by the Quran. These laws require quite a quite liberal interpretation. Well... if the Quran can be interpreted liberally in women's unfavor, they can just as well be interpreted liberally in their favor. That's the main feminist argument in Saudi Arabia.

The main problem with countries that use the Sharia as their base of laws, is that rulings tend to be pretty arbitrary. It's just a council of old geezers in beards having a debate on what they "feel" should be right. There's very little jurisprudence going on or any theories. It all mostly rests on emotional argumentation.

The main point of laws is that everybody should know in advance what to do, or not do. If there's any conflict the plaintiffs can look up some precedent and settle it way before it gets to the courts. That's near impossible to do in a country that applies the Sharia.

It just creates an unhelpful civic climate of insecurity surrounding what goes and what doesn't go.

Since these imams are exclusively elderly men, all rulings will of course be skewed towards whatever that group prefers. Which sucks if you're a lady.

But there's nothing in the Quran banning female imams. So that's another solution for Saudi Arabia's jurisprudence.

The main problem with countries that use the Sharia as their base of laws, is that rulings tend to be pretty arbitrary. It's just a council of old geezers in beards having a debate on what they "feel" should be right. There's very little jurisprudence going on or any theories. It all mostly rests on emotional argumentation.

On the contrary, it is very precise.

On the contrary, it is very precise.

Ok, go on

The main point of laws is that everybody should know in advance what to do, or not do. If there's any conflict the plaintiffs can look up some precedent and settle it way before it gets to the courts. That's near impossible to do in a country that applies the Sharia.

It just creates an unhelpful civic climate of insecurity surrounding what goes and what doesn't go.

Since these imams are exclusively elderly men, all rulings will of course be skewed towards whatever that group prefers. Which sucks if you're a lady.

But there's nothing in the Quran banning female imams. So that's another solution for Saudi Arabia's jurisprudence.

Female imams! Over the dead bodies of the imams !

Google, do you use it?

https://www.google.se/search?q=fema...U1OXNAhXBhywKHcYcBZgQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=560

There's a whole bunch of them. Also historically, all the way back to the time of Mohammed. Please, do your fucking homework. Yes, there are a lot fewer female than male imams. But the reasons for this are cultural and social. Nothing to do with Islam, or any Islamic rules against it.

And to bring up my old hobby horse, Christianity. Christianity has pretty severe and unambiguous bans on female priests. Today we've got loads of 'em. But it wasn't until quite recently.

Google, do you use it?

https://www.google.se/search?q=fema...U1OXNAhXBhywKHcYcBZgQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=560

There's a whole bunch of them. Also historically, all the way back to the time of Mohammed. Please, do your fucking homework. Yes, there are a lot fewer female than male imams. But the reasons for this are cultural and social. Nothing to do with Islam, or any Islamic rules against it.

And to bring up my old hobby horse, Christianity. Christianity has pretty severe and unambiguous bans on female priests. Today we've got loads of 'em. But it wasn't until quite recently.

What's all those images of women got to do with it? Where are they from, which Muslim countries are they imams in?

Google, do you use it?

What's all those images of women got to do with it? Where are they from, which Muslim countries are they imams in?

It was to show that there are plenty of female imams active today. And they don't even need to hide or be afraid of their safety. They can practice openly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_as_imams

Of course rare in the Middle-East. They are behind the west as far as women's rights are concerned. But there's no Islamic rule stopping female imams. And things are certainly not moving backward. The female rights movement has been progressing rapidly since the 70'ies.

The sooner people and their government in the West admit that Islam is at war with the West, the better it will be for everyone. The screening of any migration from Islamic countries is a priority!

The sooner people and their government in the West admit that Islam is at war with the West, the better it will be for everyone. The screening of any migration from Islamic countries is a priority!

In this instance it may not be a question of an Islamist attack. However it does raise a point regarding security where anything can be a weapon. A crashing plane, a car or a truck can be destructive. In such events the local town authorities should have access to special barriers and spikes that can stop a vehicle dead. I believe none existed during this event.

Further, such events will give terrorists ideas about future attacks.

I was about 20 years old when I was bicycling home on the sidewalk and a truck ran into a telephone pole that if it wasn't there, he would have smashed me into a building. Scary as hell!

This only proves that terrorists don't always need guns to cause terror! Sometimes it's jet aircraft or as in this case, a truck!
Maybe someone ought to tell that to Obama.

This only proves that terrorists don't always need guns to cause terror! Sometimes it's jet aircraft or as in this case, a truck!
Maybe someone ought to tell that to Obama.

This is something we should have learnt in 9.11. While difficult to control better road barriers and security are necessary. As a security rule, expect the unexpected.
Security in Europe can be very lax. They hardly look at the passports and in some cases just look at the cover and not always the person. They are clearing crowds fast. I bet if someone entered the French border from Belgium and often from Britain, and stuck his pecker out when he is supposed to show his ID, he would be let through. I must admit I haven't tried that one yet.

What is "Islam" in this? How is Islam at war with the West? Yesterday I went to my local corner shop and bought some eggs and milk. The Muslim shopkeeper didn't shoot me. Why didn't he shoot me? Doesn't that prove that Islam is not at war with the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom