• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been reported that there are up to 20.000 people in England who are under observation. Most of these people have arrived at one time or other as either refugees or immigrants from North Africa, Middle East and the Sub continent. Assuring many more terrorist attacks in future.

It's been reported that there are up to 20.000 people in England who are under observation. Most of these people have arrived at one time or other as either refugees or immigrants from North Africa, Middle East and the Sub continent. Assuring many more terrorist attacks in future.

I did my best to find a source for this claim. Is it possible that you just made this up? And what does "under observation" even mean?

It sounds to me like police-speak for having fucked up and doing their best to minimise the PR damage after the fact.

Out of a Muslim population of around 4 million at this time
Islam in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Islam_in...
muslims in Britain from en.wikipedia.org
Islam is the second largest religion in the United Kingdom, with results from the United Kingdom Census 2011 giving the UK Muslim population in 2011 as 2,786,635, 4.4% of the total population. The vast majority of ...
‎History · ‎Demographics · ‎Branches · ‎Associations

I will check for the figures but I understand this should read 23.000 with 3,000 which are a serious threat. It is in the press apparently quoting security sources.

I will check for the figures but I understand this should read 23.000 with 3,000 which are a serious threat. It is in the press apparently quoting security sources.

Shhh! Don't mention the war, i mentioned it before, but i think i "didn't get away with it."

THIS is why it's a bad idea to try to get any kind of information from the Daily Mail and its ilk:

IMG_2584.JPG

Just because someone isn't directly printing outright lies, doesn't mean that what they say is giving an accurate picture of reality.

THIS is why it's a bad idea to try to get any kind of information from the Daily Mail and its ilk:

View attachment 11479

Just because someone isn't directly printing outright lies, doesn't mean that what they say is giving an accurate picture of reality.

Seizing the homes of the better off to compensate for the less off is not a solution to homelessness, once we run out of rich people. It's easier to use other people's money until it runs out or run a country into debt until the banks take over the economy (as happens in the EU)

There is clearly a phobia by politicians to build affordable houses. Even the once better off middle classes find it difficult or impossible to purchase a house.

As for the recent disaster we can stop sending economic aid to countries like India which can afford expenditure on space programs which the UK apparently cannot.

Instead jerking around to decide where to the people who through no fault of their own lost their homes, the government can even construct pr-fabricated homes with safety checks of course while it pulls its finger out and starts construction but this time in accordance with legal requirements on construction and safety.

Last edited:

View attachment 11479

Seizing the homes of the better off to compensate for the less off is not a solution to homelessness, once we run out of rich people. It's easier to use other people's money until it runs out or run a country into debt until the banks take over the economy (as happens in the EU)

There is clearly a phobia by politicians to build affordable houses. Even the once better off middle classes find it difficult or impossible to purchase a house.

As for the recent disaster we can stop sending economic aid to countries like India which can afford expenditure on space programs which the UK apparently cannot.

Instead jerking around to decide where to the people who through no fault of their own lost their homes, the government can even construct pr-fabricated homes with safety checks of course while it pulls its finger out and starts construction but this time in accordance with legal requirements on construction and safety.

Missing the point completely. Bilby didn't post that image to start arguing about corbyn's stance on the matter. He posted it to show you that the daily mail is not above twisting words to give you a false impression of the situation.

View attachment 11479

And "requisitioned" doesn't mean "seized"??

While I don't trust the Daily Fail one bit it sounds like they're on target here, albeit using more inflammatory word than the original.

View attachment 11479

"A lesson in propaganda. Brought to you by the billionaire-owned Daily Mail."

A lesson in unconscious irony. Brought to you by evolve POLITICS.

View attachment 11479

While I don't trust the Daily Fail one bit it sounds like they're on target here, albeit using more inflammatory word than the original.

Seizing something usually means "Without compensation." The police seized an illegal stash of drugs and dollar bundles in a home in downtown Orlando Florida. They did not "Requisition" anything.

Note that there are small differences in otherwise similar words and use them appropriately.

This aside LP, may I ask what is so unreasonable about using empty buildings to temporarily house people who have been bereaved of all their belongings through no fault of their own with suitable compensation to the property owners?

View attachment 11479

Not only is 'requisitioned' not the same as 'seized', but nobody other than the Mail discussed 'homes'; Corbyn was talking about empty properties.

Having the government pay you rent to temporarily house a person in desperate need in an empty property you own, is a rather different situation from having your home seized.

Not only is 'requisitioned' not the same as 'seized', but nobody other than the Mail discussed 'homes'; Corbyn was talking about empty properties.

Having the government pay you rent to temporarily house a person in desperate need in an empty property you own, is a rather different situation from having your home seized.

"Jeremy Corbyn has called for the empty homes of rich people in Kensington to be seized for Grenfell Tower residents who have been made homeless by the fire." - The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...mes-owned-rich-should-requisitioned-grenfell/

What the DM did wrong was leave out "empty".

Forcing people to give up rooms or their homes to rent homeless people is a feeble alternative to the gross incompetence of successive Labour and Tory governments failing to build affordable housing.

To put this into perspective there are 200,000 empty houses in the UK. That is not even one years of projected house building necessary to reduce current housing shortages and excluding the fact that immigration into the UK is out of control.

The solution is BUILDING more houses which Labour and the Tories have some kind of phobia about.

The guardian misses this point.
https://www.theguardian.com/society...d-still-lying-empty-despite-housing-shortages

It doesn't say that a mini-caliphate is under construction in Sweden. A very small number of people - second generation "non-ethnic Swedes" who are having trouble assimilating - are leaving Sweden to go fight for the Islamic State.

Not only leaving. Typically they go, become disappointed and dissolutioned about ISIS and come home after a year or so. The good news is that they at least stop with the Jihadist nonsense.

Doesn't look too promising for Sweden;

The number of violent Islamist extremists in Sweden has soared from 200 in 2010 to 'thousands' today as an intelligence chief said 'this is the new normal'. We would say that [the number] has gone from hundreds to thousands now,' Sapo chief Anders Thornberg told news agency TT in an interview, describing the situation as 'serious'. 'This is the "new normal" ... It is a historic challenge that extremist circles are growing,' he said.

DailyMail

The new normal.

"Jeremy Corbyn has called for the empty homes of rich people in Kensington to be seized for Grenfell Tower residents who have been made homeless by the fire." - The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...mes-owned-rich-should-requisitioned-grenfell/

What the DM did wrong was leave out "empty".

The government can supply prefabricated houses on a temporary basis regardless of whether there are empty houses or not.

Actually the Guardian also wrote about this here.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...uction-manchester-liverpool-energy-efficiency

Here's an add

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-3938746/What-prefab-homes-cost-ones-build.html

There are plenty of alternatives where prefabricated may be the best solution and possible a more permanent future remedy for housing shortages.

Given Teresa May's government is totally inept and will do nothing, and Labour will only requisition empty properties that will only house a few people either increased affordable house building or prefab housing are the only solutions.

What about a scheme where working people pay the equivalent of rent as mortgage payments for prefabs until paid off with interest?

Seizing something usually means "Without compensation." The police seized an illegal stash of drugs and dollar bundles in a home in downtown Orlando Florida. They did not "Requisition" anything.

Note that there are small differences in otherwise similar words and use them appropriately.

I was thinking of "seized" as in eminent domain--where you do get compensated. That's what usually happens when the state seizes something for it's use.

This aside LP, may I ask what is so unreasonable about using empty buildings to temporarily house people who have been bereaved of all their belongings through no fault of their own with suitable compensation to the property owners?

Because the compensation is almost certainly too low. The usual game is to figure something like reasonable - the cost of fighting to get it as what they'll pay. And if they left the property empty there probably was a reason. My memory is that English law is very unfriendly to landlords, to the point that owners often choose leaving it vacant as better than renting it out.

I was thinking of "seized" as in eminent domain--where you do get compensated. That's what usually happens when the state seizes something for it's use.

Because the compensation is almost certainly too low. The usual game is to figure something like reasonable - the cost of fighting to get it as what they'll pay. And if they left the property empty there probably was a reason. My memory is that English law is very unfriendly to landlords, to the point that owners often choose leaving it vacant as better than renting it out.

Eminent domain is not typically used for things like temporary housing measures.

Further, who decides if the compensation is too low or not? These are people in need of immediate housing, not wealthy tenants for whom money (Or property for that matter...) is no object. If the property owner decides his or her compensation is not sufficient then he or she can plead their case to the courts.

Last edited:
Not only leaving. Typically they go, become disappointed and dissolutioned about ISIS and come home after a year or so. The good news is that they at least stop with the Jihadist nonsense.

Doesn't look too promising for Sweden;

The number of violent Islamist extremists in Sweden has soared from 200 in 2010 to 'thousands' today as an intelligence chief said 'this is the new normal'. We would say that [the number] has gone from hundreds to thousands now,' Sapo chief Anders Thornberg told news agency TT in an interview, describing the situation as 'serious'. 'This is the "new normal" ... It is a historic challenge that extremist circles are growing,' he said.

DailyMail

The new normal.

No he didn't. This is a lie. As most things is in the Daily Mail. He said that following the earlier terror reports the number of anonymous tips of suspicious activities as skyrocketed. Well... duh. Of course, after an attack, people are going to worry more and report stuff that they otherwise wouldn't. He's also saying that they worry just as much about reprisal attacks from "white power" groups. Those reports have also skyrocketed.

Here's the words that he's actually saying:

https://tv.aftonbladet.se/abtv/articles/218455

Daily Mail does what they usually do, make shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom