• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

F**k 2016

Just to cheer everyone up - 2016 has been awesome for us!

We got married. We had a great honeymoon. I got the transfer from the hell school to the great school that I wanted. My brother is doing better, though not great as yet. My dad recovered from a bleed and is on the mend. My mum is doing well for 72 as well.

Has it been great for others too? Or should we start a new thread about how 2016 has been great?

You're being a Debbie-downer on our downer.

:D

debbie-downer.gif

I figured that would happen. Massive heart attacks and long plane flights are a bad mix. Having needed immediate treatment so far away can be devastating.

What a year, America's political dignitiy died... and this weekend, so did my waffle iron and vacuum cleaner (though I should be able to fix the later, just waiting on the belt).

Seriously though, only a few days left of 2016. How many more can be taken?
Figure one good plane crash, I'm going to start draping the calendar in black crepe.

Wasn't there a plane crash that killed a football team?

At least I haven't lost any family members this year! That is a good thing.
I hope you haven't jinxed it....

I did. Though she was 99, everyone in our family happily assumed my grandmother would hit 100 no problem. And the week before she got sick, I proudly boasted she'd make 100. Of course I know you can't jinx things like that, but I still don't
feel happy about losing the woman who raised me.

I'm going to go with fuck 2016 as well. Though my dad made to almost 92 and died quickly, we had been expecting mom to die since January. She was a mess, and still 'lived' until October. We had hoped to help dad enjoy a few things after his many years of taking care of mom. On the bright side, the in-laws proved themselves to be total ass-wipes over the last 1.5 year end of life trials we faced. Nothing like re-enforcing that shitty image of evangelical family values....

Back
Top Bottom