• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ferguson Live Feed

I wonder how the Bill Cosby scandal will affect the chance of looting or violence.

Hear me out, if you listened to Hannibal Burress' stand-up where he aired the dirty laundry about Cosby (that may have pushed this scandal to the surface) you hear some interesting things. Younger blacks don't want to be talked down to by wealthy older blacks about their actions from someone who never lived their generation's life. It can be a scummy thing to do. Him being outed as a probable creepy rapist is almost a vindication that they need to make moral decisions on their own.
Still trying to see the possible connection between possible violence in Ferguson and the Bill Cosby scandal.

Still trying to see the possible connection between possible violence in Ferguson and the Bill Cosby scandal.

The violent Ferguson looter-thugs will obviously figure Bill Cosby in their decision to commit mayhem. Just like whenever white people go on a rampage we think about...

looting.jpg

I wonder how the Bill Cosby scandal will affect the chance of looting or violence.

Hear me out, if you listened to Hannibal Burress' stand-up where he aired the dirty laundry about Cosby (that may have pushed this scandal to the surface) you hear some interesting things. Younger blacks don't want to be talked down to by wealthy older blacks about their actions from someone who never lived their generation's life. It can be a scummy thing to do. Him being outed as a probable creepy rapist is almost a vindication that they need to make moral decisions on their own.

You...you do realize that his whole "respectability politics tour" was right around the same those "creepy rapist" allegations started coming to light in the first place, right?

Just saying.

Reactions: One

You...you do realize that his whole "respectability politics tour" was right around the same those "creepy rapist" allegations started coming to light in the first place, right?

Just saying.

Pull up your pants son and you will be better able to get away with drugging and raping loads of women.

Decision has come down. The Legion of Black Panthers has not revealed where they will send the violent mobs.

hallofdoom.jpg

I will love it if there are no violent protests. The media is pumping this up like ebola.

No violence? Awwwwwwwwww! that's no fun!

Are they going to make the announcement now? finally? Is the show finally gonna begin?

I will love it if there are no violent protests. The media is pumping this up like ebola.

No violence? Awwwwwwwwww! that's no fun!

Are they going to make the announcement now? finally? Is the show finally gonna begin?

You mean you are not here?

- - - Updated - - -

FERGUSON, MO—Ahead of a grand jury’s decision over whether to indict officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown, police in the city of Ferguson have reportedly heavily increased their presence this week to ensure residents are adequately provoked. “

http://www.theonion.com/articles/he...lMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

I think they're waiting until dark to make the announcement so it won't be so easy to see that it's the police that start the violence.

Just saying.

I didn't know about the rape allegations until the last couple weeks or so. When you use the phrase "coming to light", do you mean "making national headlines", or do you mean something less prominent? I mean, are you saying that these allegations were already common knowledge among the people that repoman is talking about?

Just saying.

I didn't know about the rape allegations until the last couple weeks or so. When you use the phrase "coming to light", do you mean "making national headlines", or do you mean something less prominent? I mean, are you saying that these allegations were already common knowledge among the people that repoman is talking about?

I assume he meant "coming to light" as in Cosby getting charged criminally for them. The charges were filed, but the victim was victimized and no media wanted to talk badly about the Cos. He settled, but not before about a dozen other women stepped up, whom the media ignored and reviled. Then it was dropped in the press again until a comedian brought up all that PREVIOUS stuff again just recently. Only now we aren't sweeping rape crimes under the rug like we used to, and victims are not being mistreated as badly in the press.

Like me. What's wrong with some healthy entertainment?

Probably that desiring discord in society is a sign of mental instability, and it doesn't help anything at all. You're fooling yourself if you think it's healthy.

If you're going to invoke the concept of mental health, you need much more evidence than the fact that somebody is entertained by the news. It's tempting to think that thoughts and behaviors can be classified as healthy or unhealthy in isolation, as if these categories were platonic, but context is highly important. All sorts of thoughts and behaviors are simply too insignificant in their effects to warrant classification one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom