• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ferguson Live Feed

So far riots are less impressive than a Canadian Stanley cup riot. But in fairness those don't happen very often so they're better rested.

I think the highlight was King Obama saying "we are a nation of laws" just as the tear gas started to fly.
And you don't see the tear gas as a manifestation of those laws?

So far riots are less impressive than a Canadian Stanley cup riot. But in fairness those don't happen very often so they're better rested.

I think the highlight was King Obama saying "we are a nation of laws" just as the tear gas started to fly.

I see him as more like the manifestation of Kevin Bacon in Animal House saying "remain calm all is well" while the shit hits the fan. Cue the marbles...

All that advance publicity and hype, and this is all we get?

I want my money back!

I see him as more like the manifestation of Kevin Bacon in Animal House saying "remain calm all is well" while the shit hits the fan. Cue the marbles...
Being a nation of laws does not equate to all being always well. That some people may perform unlawful acts does not invalidate the law.

You just finished saying how the violence of the protests compares unfavorably to that of a hockey hissy-fit in the great white north. Yet you're also analogizing it to the shit hitting the proverbial fan? Make up your mind.

And while I may have said it here before...riots are what was wanted.

C'mon, directly after Brown was shot, police showed up, pointing guns at people and threatening to sic dogs on them. And when the first night of looting happened...they held back. They then spent the next week tear gassing people, wearing camo in an urban environment where it actually stands out, and stating obvious misinformation. And when there was a second night of looting, five nights later...the protestors were protecting the stores, while the police suddenly held back. And that went on and on, except there was no looting.

And then we get the premature State of Emergency, the reintroduction of a militarized police force, and earlier tonight, the "prosecutor's" (he was clearly trying to defend) shameful arguments that this is all because of "24 hour news" and "social media", along with his claim that one witness saw Brown chase at Wilson, stop after being chased, and then "Bulk up" and charge again.

Honestly, at this point, I would not be at all shocked if some of the Ferguson folks, or even some of outsiders, resort to violence. Unfortunately, it seems that they are simply speaking the native language of their police force at that point.

The live feed in the link is from activists' cams. They are at the point of rows of riot police and recording the dialog of protesters and a bit from police as well. None of the news outlets I'm looking at are showing any of this. http://www.livestream.com/activistworldnewsnow

Mumbles, the angriest protesters I've seen have been pretty calm overall, with a megaphone going around. The media's only showing the fires a bit of distance from where police are clashing with protesters.

Great, add some doomsday preachers, and an activist arguing with one of them. For fuck's sake, people, you're our best view of what's going on right now and you go on a fucking nutbag ideological pissing contest?

Great, add some doomsday preachers, and an activist arguing with one of them. For fuck's sake, people, you're our best view of what's going on right now and you go on a fucking nutbag ideological pissing contest?

Isn't thst what PD is all about? :D

activistworldnewsnow is a livestream user that claims to be "Activists News from around the world

Dedicated to bringing you activist news and Live Streams from around the world."

This activist dominating the feed is the worst news activist ever. If there is no award for that, I'm going to invent one for this idiot.

The media is being pushed out away from where police and protesters are actually face to face in an intersection. The media are all out at the fires that started after the announcement. They're broadcasting overturned, burning police cars and all about how great Officer Brown is. These idiots with cameras calling themselves news activists are the only views I see into where the police and protesters actually are. And she wants to have a debate with some random asshole who strolled by shouting for people to make themselves right with god?

The protesters are chanting at police and a police officer is speaking to the protesters with a bullhorn. Tense, but fairly peaceful for the last few hours. And CNN still only showing buildings on fire with swat teams between them and what's going on in the intersection with the riot police. the reporters seem quite sincere, but it looks like they think whatever's going on inside that circle of police must be the same or worse. But it's not. It's lines of riot police looking calm, and a bunch of protesters not quite as calm and not at all organized, but no one seems out of control except for this narcissist blotting out as much audio as possible with her personal views about irrelevant things.

Thanks everyone for keeping my thread alive. #Ferguson:

"Natalie DuBose just had her cake business destroyed. Is this what justice looks like, #Ferguson?"

B3REfTLCQAAnZt-.jpg

Only one activist camera left. Some protesters are taunting police, some are staying on the sidewalk and cooperating.

CNN is talking about how the community needs to own up to this.

In places where people can be heard to yell things about blowing things up, there's little or no police. Where the protesters are face to face with the lines of riot police, there's very little in the way of inflammatory shouts and some nutters ranting. One reporter kept reminding us that most of the Ferguson area was quiet. I think she was the local channel as they're off the air now.

In places where people can be heard to yell things about blowing things up, there's little or no police. Where the protesters are face to face with the lines of riot police, there's very little in the way of inflammatory shouts and some nutters ranting. One reporter kept reminding us that most of the Ferguson area was quiet. I think she was the local channel as they're off the air now.

Yeah...so you've noticed that trend as well...

Look, the cops on the ground go where they're instructed, for the most part. And yeah, most of the area is apparently quiet, and always was.

Again, each time looters show up, the police are oddly elsewhere, or in one case holding back as protestors eject people from, and form human shields in front of, businesses. I find that odd.

Back
Top Bottom