• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ferguson Live Feed

Probably that desiring discord in society is a sign of mental instability, and it doesn't help anything at all. You're fooling yourself if you think it's healthy.

If you're going to invoke the concept of mental health, you need much more evidence than the fact that somebody is entertained by the news. It's tempting to think that thoughts and behaviors can be classified as healthy or unhealthy in isolation, as if these categories were platonic, but context is highly important. All sorts of thoughts and behaviors are simply too insignificant in their effects to warrant classification one way or the other.

I think riots on TV (or internet) are healthy entertainment because they attract my attention and keep me occupied so I stay out of mischief.

Okay, so Fox says he was a minimum of 35 feet even if lunging. -- Dr who did 2nd autopsy. That is 10 yards and his body must have been horizontal. Either crumpling from prior hit(s) or "lunging" ("reporter's" words), but still a 1st-and-ten. Hmph.

Well, there you go. He won't be indicted, because Michael Brown was a Time Lord and will regenerate shortly.

The strategy of the prosecutor's speech was to lull the protesters to sleep.

I'm just hoping that the folks in Ferguson - both citizens and police alike - don't let this to descend into violence. In part because no rational person wants a riot, and in part because it will dash the hopes of the truly sick individuals who are hoping for violence to come out of this so that they can have some validation of their prejudices or, even worse, "entertainment."

Grand jury found no probable cause to indict.

And I must say the evidence the DA summed up during his announcement shows that it was the right decision.

From what I heard this is correct. That doesn't mean that the evidence released won't make it more clearer or give people on both sides of the aisle fodder to argue for years to come. Point is that this is a tragedy.

"You must clear the street immediately, or you will be shot on sight."

Watching news, but I can't tell when they're showing me live images or footage from the previous Ferguson riots.

A car's been overturned and lit on fire, and cops have thrown some tear gas and now they're throwing it again.

And Walgreen's is on fire now.

"Send in the scoops!"

--from the movie "Soylent Green"

I think they're waiting until dark to make the announcement so it won't be so easy to see that it's the police that start the violence.

There have been two groups in Ferguson--the protesters which are local and normally out in the day, and non-locals who come in at night and aren't so peaceful. Of course the violence will happen at night.

Pants up, don't loot!
[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/EEF85267DA1148875757561475072_34ba6697918.0.1.1769 2445450391747882.mp4?versionId=sq8ktoMoB1wc4HNgkBr jm0rMdJqf2ZKo[/video]

Police car on fire
B3QiyMCCcAAJwj5.png

Beauty salon on fire

Littlr Caesar's Pizza on fire. Hot and ready indeed.
B3QojqwCcAAwWq7.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone!
B3Qo-wcIQAA5AX8.jpg

Last edited:
Cases like this are never about the actual details of the case itself. It's about what the case represents to the larger community, namely that Ferguson had a great deal of racial tension prior to this incident. It broke the proverbial camel's back. I think it's a damn shame. There are no winners here, in life or death. That officer's and the deceased will be tied to this case forever.

To my mind, where the media fails is that it continually sensationalizes the most dubious cases on the national scene. There are thousands of other cases out there a lot more obvious than this one that go under the radar everyday. Because they do, people are comforted in thinking that racial tension caused by police brutality is a thing of the past. It's not.

So far riots are less impressive than a Canadian Stanley cup riot. But in fairness those don't happen very often so they're better rested.

I think the highlight was King Obama saying "we are a nation of laws" just as the tear gas started to fly.

Back
Top Bottom