• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Florida Man, Legislative Affairs Director for the State Board of Administration Shot Dead

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
John Kuczwanski, the Legislative Affairs Director for the State Board of Administration, was killed last week in what appeared to be a shootout during a road rage incident north of Tallahassee.

He got mad and started shooting at a guy in a Prius, knowing for a fact that people who drive a Prius are lib'rul tree hugging pacifist morons.
SURPRISE! The guy he was shooting at "stood his ground", pulled out a piece and blew his road raging ass away.

He was probably a little over-confident, having survived another road rage incident where he was arrested AT THE EXACT SAME INTERSECTION in 2014. Karma is a bitch.

Of course Kuczwanski’s wife, Rebekah Kuczwanski, said that her husband was a victim and confirmed he lost his life. She claimed that he was trapped and assassinated and was trying to escape the person shooting at him. But that's not the story that came from the investigation. The guy who shot him was released.

article said:
The sources said the incident began after Kuczwanski’s BMW drifted out of its lane while heading north on Thomasville Road. That’s when the BMW hit a white Prius.

Both cars pulled into a parking lot. The driver of the Prius confronted Kuczwanski about hitting him, the sources said. The Prius’ driver then returned to his car to wait for law enforcement’s arrival after confronting Kuczwanski. That is when, according to Florida Politics’ sources, Kuczwanski rammed his BMW into the Prius on the driver’s door, and began pushing the car sideways in the parking lot.

Kuczwanski then shot a gun at the white Prius, according to the sources. The Prius driver drew a gun and fired back into the windshield of Kuczwanski’s BMW. Kuczwanski was hit and killed, according to the sources.
If that is accurate, I'm not certain how that could have ended any better for the dead person. He seemed to make several very poor decisions. And if true, proving that a "good guy with a gun" is a fallacy.

He had previously been arrested for a road rage incident in 2014: https://tallahasseereports.com/2022...rrested-for-altercation-at-same-intersection/

Since the incident, TR has obtained an Arrest/Probable Cause Affidavit that indicates John Kuczwanski was arrested for “Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon without intent to Kill” on December 14, 2014. The affidavit indicates that the arrest was related to an incident that took place around 5 p.m. at the intersection of Thomasville Road and Bannerman Road.
According to the affidavit, a motorist called the Leon County Sheriff’s Office and reported that a “white heavy set male had pointed a small, black in color handgun with a mounted laser at him while stopped next to him at the intersection of Thomasville Road and Bannerman Road.”

Based on the information provided in the complaint, an officer was dispatched to a residence and found Mr. Kuczwanski in the driveway still in the drivers seat of his vehicle.
After questioning Kuczwanski, the officer verified that a weapon fitting the description provided in the complaint was in the vehicle. The officer indicated that probable cause existed to warrant an arrest.

Records indicate that Kuczwanski was sentenced to probation under the conditions that he remain arrest free, no contact with victims, and possess no firearms. He completed the terms of the probation on February 16, 2018.

So he was allowed to get another firearm after his probationary period?

article said:
The sources said the incident began after Kuczwanski’s BMW drifted out of its lane while heading north on Thomasville Road. That’s when the BMW hit a white Prius.

Both cars pulled into a parking lot. The driver of the Prius confronted Kuczwanski about hitting him, the sources said. The Prius’ driver then returned to his car to wait for law enforcement’s arrival after confronting Kuczwanski. That is when, according to Florida Politics’ sources, Kuczwanski rammed his BMW into the Prius on the driver’s door, and began pushing the car sideways in the parking lot.

Kuczwanski then shot a gun at the white Prius, according to the sources. The Prius driver drew a gun and fired back into the windshield of Kuczwanski’s BMW. Kuczwanski was hit and killed, according to the sources.
If that is accurate, I'm not certain how that could have ended any better for the dead person. He seemed to make several very poor decisions. And if true, proving that a "good guy with a gun" is a fallacy.
How is that a fallacy? You mean it's false? If so, how so? ETA: It is false, because sometimes a bad guy with a gun is stopped, say, by another bad guy with a gun. But I don't see how this incident proves it is false.

Clearly the BMW driver is an example of a bad guy with a gun while the Prius driver is an example of a good guy with a gun.

Of course, if neither had a gun, it is probable we'd have both sides of this incident.

article said:

How is that a fallacy? You mean it's false? If so, how so? ETA: It is false, because sometimes a bad guy with a gun is stopped, say, by another bad guy with a gun. But I don't see how this incident proves it is false.
A "good guy" with a gun and a "bad guy" with a gun is dependent on who is shooting at who. Presumably, no one thought the guy who died was ever going to be a "bad guy with a gun".

article said:

A "good guy" with a gun and a "bad guy" with a gun is dependent on who is shooting at who. Presumably, no one thought the guy who died was ever going to be a "bad guy with a gun".
No, it's dependent on the character of the person with a gun. But my point is that this incident does not prove that “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.” is false. To prove that, you would need not only Kuczwanski to be a bad guy, but also the other guy to fail to be a good guy. But there is no good reason to think the other guy was not a good guy on the basis of the available info.

article said:

No, it's dependent on the character of the person with a gun. But my point is that this incident does not prove that “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.” is false. To prove that, you would need not only Kuczwanski to be a bad guy, but also the other guy to fail to be a good guy. But there is no good reason to think the other guy was not a good guy on the basis of the available info.
Of course there is if one takes the position that good guys do not carry around guns unless it is their job.

article said:

No, it's dependent on the character of the person with a gun....
...when he is firing it. That threshold is very narrow.

This wasn't a case of a good guy with a gun versus a bad guy with a gun as much as it was a case of defending oneself from a bad guy with a gun by having a gun yourself.
And while it is not false that if there were no guns then there would have been no shooting... it is more relevant to this situation that if there were no cars then there would have been no dispute in the first place. Isn't that a far better solution? No dispute, versus having a dispute and killing someone with some other means? I vote no cars... solves far more problems and saves far more lives.

article said:

The good news is that it has been a whole week and Mr Kuczwanski hasn't been involved in another road rage incident.

Gun Nut said:
I vote no cars... solves far more problems and saves far more lives.

But we already know what happens with bad guys with guns and horses...

This wasn't a case of a good guy with a gun versus a bad guy with a gun as much as it was a case of defending oneself from a bad guy with a gun by having a gun yourself.
And while it is not false that if there were no guns then there would have been no shooting... it is more relevant to this situation that if there were no cars then there would have been no dispute in the first place. Isn't that a far better solution? No dispute, versus having a dispute and killing someone with some other means? I vote no cars... solves far more problems and saves far more lives.
Dude, after Sandy Hook, the idea of ever getting gun reform was given up by us. You don't need to tell us this or that. Gun violence will remain an endemic problem in the US for a long time because the NRA won.

And no, cars being used as weapons is extraordinarily rare, typically just in Florida Man situations.

Why stop there? If there had been no people, there would have been no dispute either. And, there would be disputes about gun control either. Solves even more problems.

The notion that people have to have a firearm while they are driving around is antithetical to a civilized society.

article said:

I thought it was dependent on which guy was white(r).

Why stop there? If there had been no people, there would have been no dispute either. And, there would be disputes about gun control either. Solves even more problems.

The notion that people have to have a firearm while they are driving around is antithetical to a civilized society.
I don't disagree.. with either the slippery slope aspect of your first paragraph (the issue was they had a dispute that one of them felt should be resolved by the death of the other - not that there exists people, or cars, or tools for killing people)... nor with your second, that the idea that one must carry a gun to protect themselves from people whose solution to challenges is to kill the person posing the challenge, is more barbaric than civilized.

article said:

The good news is that it has been a whole week and Mr Kuczwanski hasn't been involved in another road rage incident.

Gun Nut said:
I vote no cars... solves far more problems and saves far more lives.

But we already know what happens with bad guys with guns and horses...
Great movies?

Back
Top Bottom