• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Flynn Resigns - Impeachment proceedings begin

Just a quick question. Does anyone think that Trump's second month will be better? Is this growing pains from a new administration which they will learn from or is this the next four years?

No. Think about it. This administration hasn't even been tested yet.

Well, they've been tested by reality. They've actually had to do things instead of stand on the sidelines complaining about how things are done and they've failed miserably. But you raise a damn good point. If there's an actual crisis, these are the guys who'll be dealing with that crisis. They don't seem to have what it takes to rise to the occasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick question. Does anyone think that Trump's second month will be better? Is this growing pains from a new administration which they will learn from or is this the next four years?

Who knows?

Is he capable of shedding the facade of the invincible businessman and come back to planet earth and begin to learn?

I doubt it.

I think it's been several years since Donald Trump has been on planet Earth and I don't anticipate he'll be visiting any time soon.

Long past time to give up hope for a Trump pivot. This is who he is, he can't be anything else.

The party that has single handedly claimed patriotism as it's own has put party ahead of country even at the risk of Russian penetration into the situation room.
How can you say that? The math is daunting. Even if it could be publicly shown that our own interests were not first, we are not privy to the hidden unseen net advantages from what goes on behind closed doors in their world where nefarious deeds actually net us ahead greater than had such interests been put first.

I'm almost feeling sorry for Kellyanne Conway for having to defend Trump administration's inconsistencies on Flynn...

God damn...You can see the fatigue in her eyes!

I don't fill sorry for Stephen Miller

What a deranged mini Hitler or .... mini Göbbels some noticed.

If mini Göbbels does not resign within couple of days then this alone (and the fact that Twitler in chief liked it) is a ground for Twitler impeachment.
OK, I have watched few other videos of his, and he looks less insane in them. Apparently this near meltdown was about immigration ban and crapping my pants was not that necessary.

Last edited:
The party that has single handedly claimed patriotism as it's own has put party ahead of country even at the risk of Russian penetration into the situation room.
How can you say that? The math is daunting. Even if it could be publicly shown that our own interests were not first, we are not privy to the hidden unseen net advantages from what goes on behind closed doors in their world where nefarious deeds actually net us ahead greater than had such interests been put first.
No words, should have sent a poet.

The party that has single handedly claimed patriotism as it's own has put party ahead of country even at the risk of Russian penetration into the situation room. These people are not to be trusted with a Netflix account, much less our national security. Pathetic. I thought my opinion of the GOP couldn't go any lower right before the election. Boy was I wrong.

Nothing new, really. Nixon was in touch with the North Vietnamese and Reagan traded arms for hostages with Iran.

The difference is the timing.

The party that has single handedly claimed patriotism as it's own has put party ahead of country even at the risk of Russian penetration into the situation room. These people are not to be trusted with a Netflix account, much less our national security. Pathetic. I thought my opinion of the GOP couldn't go any lower right before the election. Boy was I wrong.

Nothing new, really. Nixon was in touch with the North Vietnamese and Reagan traded arms for hostages with Iran.

There's that and the other GLARING difference: Neither Vietnam nor Iran is a superpower that has perennially opposed and targeted the US as an enemy.
Russia is invading Ukraine (again) as we speak, and conducting incursions into Lithuania, while El Cheato is sucking Putin's dick and screaming that Hillary made him do it.

No, the difference is the execution. Nixon and Reagan at least had the aplomb to look professional doing bad things, and seemed competent in other areas of governance. Trump would fuck up a free lunch. Honestly, if we have a real crisis soon that this administration must deal with - we're all fucked.

#Trumpelthinskin has set up events in his administration that can only be described as a shit tornado. Chaos reigns. The power struggle and antipathy with our own intelligence services, combined with his own ignorance (either not taking daily briefings or having Flynn condense the daily briefing to literally ONE page) means that our administrative branch is badly out of the loop. They don't know what is actually going on in the world, while the intelligence services are antagonized by him, and a seat on the NSC (Bannon) is feeding misinformation to the president. Combine this with a president that is literally getting his news from Cable TV and Infowars.com, and has taken 3 out of the last 4 weekends off AND already hates his job...

Shit is gonna get real here really quick if you ask me. Then what? The very administration that caused these problems will inherit a huge boost in popularity al la Bush on 9/11? Then what?!

The two examples were unethical and looked to postpone problems for electoral gain.

This situation is even worse as it is about conspiring with the Russians to help gain an electoral benefit by having Russians illegally hack into DNC servers for use as fodder during the Presidential run. This would be done in favor of lessening sanctions with Russia, and perhaps keeping the Russians from releasing certain videos or images.

There's that and the other GLARING difference: Neither Vietnam nor Iran is a superpower that has perennially opposed and targeted the US as an enemy.
Russia is invading Ukraine (again) as we speak, and conducting incursions into Lithuania, while El Cheato is sucking Putin's dick and screaming that Hillary made him do it.
OK, I understand where do you get Ukraine thing, but have I missed news about Lithuania? Maybe you meant Limpopo?

OK, I understand where do you get Ukraine thing, but have I missed news about Lithuania? Maybe you meant Limpopo?

I heard that there was a guy on Twitter who said that he saw Putin drive busloads of millions of illegal soldiers into Lithuania to invade it. That means this happened and if you try to deny it, it just means that you're trumpeting fake news stories for partisan political purposes.

Well, the beginnings of the impeachment proceedings will need to wait two years, provided that the Dems win control of the House in the next election. Longer if they don't. The Republicans only concerns about national security involve whether or not the old lady in a hijab is going to blow somebody up while she heads out to the store.
Don't be so sure about that - Trump is not terribly popular with a large portion of the Republican establishment and base.

That's b/c they are smarter than the Dems who want Trump impeached. Any GOP replacement will be as bad or worse, and the near unanimous support for Trumps nominees proves the GOP agrees with most of what he is doing, they just prefer to lie about their real agenda. They want Trump out only b/c he exposes their agenda and makes retaining long-term control difficult.
Trumps public comments that get all the attention are not the real problem, but they make the GOP look bad and will likely lose them the White House and at least the Senate. But if Trump is impeached, then they can pretend that they got rid of the "problem" and greatly improve their odds of retaining control of everything (especially given how incompetent the Dems are at winning elections they should win easily).

untermensche said:
The problem is impeaching him would hurt the Republican "brand".

I don't think so. Not as much as Trump being a Republican president for 4 years will hurt their brand.
After all, Nixon's vice president Ford just barely lost to Carter in 1976, and then Reagan destroyed Carter in 1980.
That impeachment did nothing to hurt the Republican brand.
Trump getting impeached, especially by a GOP controlled congress would be the worst thing that could happen for the Dems chances to regain the Presidency or either House.

The problem is that the Republican caucus is so badly divided, you wouldn't having them all as one denouncing Trump. You'd have the so called RINOS (and yes, their opponents would so call them) crossing over to vote with the Democrats. More Democrats than republicans would vote for impeachment, and so the democrats would be able to claim the victory, while the RINOs get attacked by their own for 'treason.'

I certainly would accept an honest, transparent, and well-mannered President whose views I strongly disagree with over the current dishonest, underhanded, and buffoonish president whose views I 'only' mostly disagree with.

The GOP pretends to not understand this. All they have is the strategy of trying to frame the outrage with the current cabinet as a simple case of "a bunch of sore losers that just wanted their team to win". Which is exactly how the GOP acts themselves in Senate. It's projection.

Any GOP replacement will be as bad or worse

Do you really believe that after the past month? I used to, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'd take a Ryan presidency over this debacle.

The difference is the constant chaos and uncertainty. Jeb Bush was right, Trump's the chaos candidate. He's a virtual terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom