• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Flynn Resigns - Impeachment proceedings begin

Any GOP replacement will be as bad or worse

Do you really believe that after the past month? I used to, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'd take a Ryan presidency over this debacle.

Oh, come on. Give him a chance...

... to destroy the Repugs' chances of holding on to both houses of Congress in 2018.

Do you really believe that after the past month? I used to, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'd take a Ryan presidency over this debacle.

Oh, come on. Give him a chance...

... to destroy the Repugs' chances of holding on to both houses of Congress in 2018.

Be careful not to underestimate the Democrats' ability to throw themselves under the bus.

Just a quick question. Does anyone think that Trump's second month will be better? Is this growing pains from a new administration which they will learn from or is this the next four years?

No, month two will not be any better. Probably worse. I hope like hell he is gone long before 4 years :(

Just a quick question. Does anyone think that Trump's second month will be better? Is this growing pains from a new administration which they will learn from or is this the next four years?

No, month two will not be any better. Probably worse. I hope like hell he is gone long before 4 years :(

Not TOO soon though - he has a lot of work to do dragging down Congressional Republicans so they lose in 2018.

Especially considering:
Be careful not to underestimate the Democrats' ability to throw themselves under the bus.

Don't be so sure about that - Trump is not terribly popular with a large portion of the Republican establishment and base.

That's b/c they are smarter than the Dems who want Trump impeached. Any GOP replacement will be as bad or worse, and the near unanimous support for Trumps nominees proves the GOP agrees with most of what he is doing, they just prefer to lie about their real agenda.
Pence won't be much of an improvement, but he will be an improvement. There will be mental stability in the White House. Trump clearly has no fucking clue what he is doing, what his position actually is, or what he can actually do.
They want Trump out only b/c he exposes their agenda and makes retaining long-term control difficult.
Sure, for the Republicans, it is about party image. So much for Nation First.

That's b/c they are smarter than the Dems who want Trump impeached. Any GOP replacement will be as bad or worse, and the near unanimous support for Trumps nominees proves the GOP agrees with most of what he is doing, they just prefer to lie about their real agenda.
Pence won't be much of an improvement, but he will be an improvement. There will be mental stability in the White House. Trump clearly has no fucking clue what he is doing, what his position actually is, or what he can actually do.
They want Trump out only b/c he exposes their agenda and makes retaining long-term control difficult.
They don't want Trumpy out. He's the best circus to hit town in a long time and his minions are basking in the press.

Pretty soon something truly uninvited - almost said 'unexpected' - is going to happen, like 911 with W. He's going to save us all. Hold on to your seat because it's coming.

Don't know. Trump has no friends, he has a bunch of people who think they can use the situation to their advantage. Look at the Miller guy.
Once it starts crashing they will throw Trump under the bus in no time. Speaking of "friends", Russian government spokesperson denied "ordering" russian media to stop being nice/favorable to Trump by saying government does not order press :) So even Putin is distancing himself from Trump.

Well, he can pardon himself and the GOP isn't going to impeach him, so it's not a big worry.

I dunno. Pence's stability will likely translate into his getting things done. I am pretty sure that the USA and the wider world are better off if Pence doesn't have the opportunity to get much of what he wants done, done.

We might be better off with a crazy person, if only because his insanity will likely lead to the collapse of his various schemes, to the benefit of us all.

Much ink has been spilled in alternative history SF about how awful it would have been if A. Hitler had been more stable, and as a result, been better able to utilize the expertise of the German state (and in particular the military command) to impose his policies upon the world.

I dunno. Pence's stability will likely translate into his getting things done. I am pretty sure that the USA and the wider world are better off if Pence doesn't have the opportunity to get much of what he wants done, done.

We might be better off with a crazy person, if only because his insanity will likely lead to the collapse of his various schemes, to the benefit of us all.
The word is, they aren't letting people that know anything about anything be involved in their secret policy meetings. The Trump Admin seems to think they are running a clubhouse, not a nation.

The word is, they aren't letting people that know anything about anything be involved in their secret policy meetings. The Trump Admin seems to think they are running a clubhouse, not a nation.

Well, that's just because people who know things don't fit into those meetings because they bring in things like facts and reason and reality into the conversations and nobody else can understand what the hell they're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom