• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
You're welcome! I see you and Puck are now both in the top 200!

She's also currently on pace to overtake me ... in nearly 11 years! :p

I stumbled when i had to shut down for a business trip. Evidently it doesn't do problems when it's locked in a trunk... Odd, that.

Dang! Sorry to hear that Earl. Ever since I got a) a work computer online, and b) put in the Passkey on each machine, I've been doing record numbers (for me, anyway)!

Anyway, Puck has since stepped up her game and has just entered the top 50, also putting her now on pace to catch me in roughly a year, give or take. Also kudos to Quetzacoafold, who has just joined the top 150 team members. Keep up the good work and you will be able to join us on page 1 before you know it! I'm just happy to be back in the top 20 again.

Man, I still look at the team list and think if we could even get 10% of the inactives back folding again, we'd be a formidable force!

Next goal for me is the 1,000,000 point mark, which I am projected to hit in 1.1 weeks at my current rate.

Seven computers of very varying age and capacity connected. Two are folding, the five have for days been attempting to get new packets. Two of those have quite nice speeds and any amount of available memory.

Example:

[03:54:58] + Attempting to get work packet
[03:54:58] - Connecting to assignment server
[03:54:58] + Could not authenticate Assignment Server response
[03:54:59] + Could not authenticate Assignment Server 2 response
[03:54:59] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[03:54:59] - Attempt #124 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

Any ideas on what to do to get going for those waiting?

One MILLION points!

Well apparently yesterday I finally hit the million point mark! Woohoo! :biggrin:

:hylidae:

Seven computers of very varying age and capacity connected. Two are folding, the five have for days been attempting to get new packets.
Sometimes, just crying helps. It took a couple of days more, but now there are seven computers happily folding away.

And a belated welcome to new folder, none, who has just gotten into 4 digits! Now, for some of us that's 1 WU worth of points, but none has taken a few steps to get there and that's fine. Moving nicely up the charts. With consistent effort, such progress will continue. I'm happy for us to still be picking up the occasional new member. I'd really love to get some of the inactive ones back ... just 10% of them would send our numbers skyrocketing!

I figure it would cost me $1000 in electricity a year to run 4 CPUs. I wonder how that would compare to cloud costs?

Ok, quick search says it's not even in the same ball park. Looking at $500 a month for that level of cloud compute.

I did a quick calculation a few weeks ago on running costs (5 laptops, 2 desktops). The sum wasn't high enough to be worth remembering. Besides, most of the year, the heat generated will reduce the power needed for heating. One computer is normally used for work at least 8 hours a day (desk- or laptop, depending on which software is needed for which customer), and I like the convenience of having one in the kitchen and one in my bedroom. That's four that I just won't shut down. So, it's a fairly small donation at the bottom line.

I put the number 34395 and the user ID as "none" and I don't appear to be on the team???
nvm I am #287...

I put the number 34395 and the user ID as "none" and I don't appear to be on the team???
nvm I am #287...

Did you request a Passkey from the F@H website? There's a link on the Identity tab when you click the 'Configure' button on the Advanced Control panel. It's supposed to help boost your point total.

Oh, and since this is a new page in this thread: stats page link.

i don't know what is going on...
I just reinstalled windows.
basically nothing else installed and then I installed f@h software... now I can't see advanced controls like I did before..
my computer is complaining about reinstalling the software and I have just no advanced controls..
and I did manage to get a passkey

I did a quick calculation a few weeks ago on running costs (5 laptops, 2 desktops). The sum wasn't high enough to be worth remembering. Besides, most of the year, the heat generated will reduce the power needed for heating. One computer is normally used for work at least 8 hours a day (desk- or laptop, depending on which software is needed for which customer), and I like the convenience of having one in the kitchen and one in my bedroom. That's four that I just won't shut down. So, it's a fairly small donation at the bottom line.

Were you counting the electric cost with current usage? CPUs step down in power. You run a big background process and it's gonna chew up a lot more electricity.

i don't know what is going on...
I just reinstalled windows.
basically nothing else installed and then I installed f@h software... now I can't see advanced controls like I did before..
my computer is complaining about reinstalling the software and I have just no advanced controls..
and I did manage to get a passkey
I figured it out, why I couldn't get the advanced control
I had to install Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 ( the 32 bit version )
Now both my video cards and the CPU are being utilized...

Good to have back up and running, none! We seem to be in a production slump again.

Anyway, congrats again to Quetzacoafold for achieving the 20,000 point level!

The machine I'm typing this on right now is chugging away at a big WU, should be worth some decent points when it finishes sometime tomorrow. Sigh ... still just wish we had some more active members on the team. Team "Fold4Jesus.com" is gaining on us and is set to overtake us in about 3 months. :(

yeah, now I notice when I put the folding power to medium it uses my GPUs

Back
Top Bottom