• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
Not sure what happened with my work machine over the weekend, but it apparently decided to have some time off, too. Took me a little while to get it going again properly this morning. Seems to be back online and folding away now.

I think I've been slacking on this, so ... here's a link to the stat page again. If you click over to the Team Summary page, you'll notice that 'Fold4Jesus.com' is gaining on us quickly.

Well well well ... something has happened and we are now gaining, slowly, on the 'Fold4Jesus.com' team again. We're not particularly strong right now, but they've apparently had a real big drop in production, which is enough for us to be catching up.

I think it's going to be close to whether or not I can catch JamesABrown before he gets to 1.4 million. He may just barely edge me out. Last I checked, not long ago, my second home machine wouldn't even connect to the internet. Didn't feel like trying to troubleshoot it that day, so I just shut it off.

Yes, Shake. I've seen you in my rear-view mirror for a while now, knowing that it's only a matter of time...

I only have it running on a single machine these days. Oh well, it's all for the good.

Yes, Shake. I've seen you in my rear-view mirror for a while now, knowing that it's only a matter of time...

I only have it running on a single machine these days. Oh well, it's all for the good.

Yes, yes it is. I'm really just happy for any contribution from any of our team members. Wish more were even slightly active, though.

Congrats to Puck on being our 19th team member to cross the ONE MILLION points mark! :applause2:
:hylidae:

Well, with a WU worth 586 points, James Brown reaches 1,400,374 points, whereas my 761 today brought me to 1,398,148. So, I narrowly missed the mark. It's been fun to watch. There were times when I was sure I'd get to 1.4M points first, and others when I thought there was no way. Ah well, it was all just for fun, and I'm looking ahead to 1.5M.

Heh. I was also watching the horse race closely. It helped make what is ordinarily a rather dull process into a more interesting experience.

Heh. I was also watching the horse race closely. It helped make what is ordinarily a rather dull process into a more interesting experience.

I'm a numbers guy and sometimes just spend a while looking at the charts, examining trends, watching the fast-burners, etc., both on the team and individual level.

Apparently, Fold4Jesus.com has had their production drop to 0. Unfortunately, at the current rate, it will take us over 9.5 months to catch them again.

On a personal note, I'm quickly approaching the 1.5 million point mark! Should be there within a couple of days.

Making some steady progress.
72nd place on the team, slowly creeping through the no-longer-active positions.

On page 1013 of the entire site. Should be down to a 3-digit page inside of two more weeks.

Tried to load the software onto the house spare computer. It readily agreed to run it but every time i checked it since, it's 'Huh? What? No, no folding software here...."

What the hell?
Okay, so Folding stopped working. No output, no status.
Poked around trying to get it to restart, nothing. I may have broken it.

So i attempted to completely delete it and reinstall. It apparently deletes and it apparently reinstalls, but it'll start back up where it was when i deleted it, which is nonfunctional. I can't get the control panel to open and the settings all match what i supposedly deleted.

Am i cursed?

The problem isn't on your side. I have some six computers that for a couple of days have been "Attempting to get work packet".

Well, last time that happened, my crying in this thread :( made them get jobs on the following day, so let's hope it works this time as well :).

Edit: Strange finding: One laptop was stuck for more than a day at ETA 17 seconds. It acquired a new job 20 hours ago. The others are still waiting.

Last edited:
The problem isn't on your side. I have some six computers that for a couple of days have been "Attempting to get work packet".

Well, last time that happened, my crying in this thread :( made them get jobs on the following day, so let's hope it works this time as well :).

Edit: Strange finding: One laptop was stuck for more than a day at ETA 17 seconds. It acquired a new job 20 hours ago. The others are still waiting.

I've had this happen before, too. I wasn't sure what to do so I just left it and it eventually got cleared up on its own (there may have been a reboot in there somewhere, though, now that I think about it some more).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, here's my link to the stats page which I like to have on each page of the thread.

Well, Puck passed me yesterday. Congratulations, Puck.

If I'm reading the stats page correctly, I am now trailing the pack of active users. No one is scheduled to overtake me at any point in the future. I'll pass kanga in over four years, but kanga hasn't contributed in over a year.

Hey, someone has to play cleanup.

No one is scheduled to overtake me at any point in the future.
Unless something changes, I think I'll be passing the point you're currently AT in about 33 years.

Here's what I was able to find from the stats page: the highest ranked member for which there is data is Mr Anderson — at your current rate, you will catch him in 27.3 years. Above Mr Anderson, you did not register as a threat on anyone's individual stats page.

As for me, I'm less than 3 months away from both kanga and Sabre, the latter of whom I recall just burning up the charts and flying by me a long time ago. Slow and steady, folks. Also, just for the fun of it, I crunched some numbers and found that if Puck had the same number of completed WUs as I have, but with her average points/WU, she'd be at around 6.7 million points, putting her at 5th on the team.

Whoa, Keith! You just passed up 2 people with a whopping 7800+ point contribution. Now your projection to catch James Brown is at just over 3 years, not 33.

Holy carp....I have no idea what happened at noon today... None of this makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom