• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

From what Jesus said in the bible, would you say it was evidence he was good?

Pretend Jesus, from the dentist waiting room kiddie Bible: meek, peace-loving, full of compassion, defender of the meek and poor of spirit, one who forgave and forgave and forgave.
Holy Gospel Shit-kickin' Jesus: Hell, and hell, and hell to my enemies, make that hell with lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth. That's hell with a capital E for Eternity, i.e., undredemptive suffering which can never improve or instruct; it can just be inflicted -- because we can do it, that's why. The antithesis of mercy and forgiveness and grace. Hell on doctrinal grounds and for heavy sinnin' and sometimes because my dad likes to blind sinners and purposely keep them from believing. Calvin was right. Suck it, unbelievers.

Good question, In the gospels he ranges from the tranquil Sermon On The Mount to a violent rabble rouser in the temple.

It is assumed the gospels refer to one person, they may be a synthesis from a movement.

In one place he says if you are a slave be a good one.

Back
Top Bottom