• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Fuck That Alligator": Man Killed Seconds After Mocking Gator Warning

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://gawker.com/fuck-that-alligator-man-killed-seconds-after-mocking-1715887134

Authorities say a 28-year-old Texas man was attacked and killed by an alligator “almost immediately” after being warned by a bystander not to swim in the water, replying “fuck that alligator” before jumping in, Buzzfeed reports.

“I asked him please do not go swimming, there’s a bigger alligator out here, just please stay out of the water,” an employee of Burkhart’s Marina in Orange, Texas told KFDM. “The next thing I know, I don’t even know how long it was, I saw his body floating face down and then he’s up there for a couple seconds and then he gets dragged back down and pulled off.”

Darwin's in bulk?

Man in Calais, Maine died yesterday after lighting a firework on his head. Don't let the article title fool you. It was no accident. Accidents are when you do something you didn't intend to do. Much like the idiot above and the alligator.

http://gawker.com/fuck-that-alligator-man-killed-seconds-after-mocking-1715887134

Authorities say a 28-year-old Texas man was attacked and killed by an alligator “almost immediately” after being warned by a bystander not to swim in the water, replying “fuck that alligator” before jumping in, Buzzfeed reports.

“I asked him please do not go swimming, there’s a bigger alligator out here, just please stay out of the water,” an employee of Burkhart’s Marina in Orange, Texas told KFDM. “The next thing I know, I don’t even know how long it was, I saw his body floating face down and then he’s up there for a couple seconds and then he gets dragged back down and pulled off.”

It sounds like he should have placed rather more trust in the alligations that were being made.

He should have known better. Everyone in Florida knew if you were going to 'fuck that alligator' you needed to do it under the cloaca darkness.

Okay, NOW will you Christers quit saying evolution is a myth?

Evolution rules, but by the age of 28, our unfortunate victim possibly had many children, his alligator friendly genes may well have been passed on.

The article says another person jumped in with him, I presume he survived?

The article says another person jumped in with him, I presume he survived?

Well, it's like they say. You don't need to be able swim faster than the alligator. You just need to be able to swim faster than the guy beside you.

Darwin's in bulk?

Man in Calais, Maine died yesterday after lighting a firework on his head. Don't let the article title fool you. It was no accident. Accidents are when you do something you didn't intend to do. Much like the idiot above and the alligator.

I have seen reports that he thought it was a dud and was just being silly. He forgot the rules of dealing with "dud" explosives.

I can see the alligator hearing him and thinking "Oh, 'fuck the alligators', huh? Okay, pal, fuck you too."

Lots of victim blaming going on here. You folks should know better.

The blame really lies with the Budweiser.

One of Louisiana's strange claims to fame is we have very few alligator attacks, even though we have a lot of alligators. One of the reasons for this, which may or may not be a factor, is we have more big alligators. An alligator's brain process consists of two fundamental observations. First is, "Can it eat men?" and second, "Can I eat it?" This keeps an alligator out of danger and well fed.

Like all reptiles, alligator continue to grow their entire life. There is no such thing as a full grown alligator, but somewhere around 2 meters in total length, they start to loose their natural timidity as the number of things that can eat them dwindles. By 3 meters, the alligator has lost all natural fear of any living creature.

It is Louisiana lore that the big alligators are seldom seen. They lie just under the water, waiting for prey to approach the shore. Maybe Louisiana has more alligator attacks and fewer witnesses.

The closest I have ever been to a big alligator is less than 2 meters, which was about half his length. They move with the speed of a striking snake, which is something awesome to see up close.

Florida seems to lead in alligator attacks. This is attributed to the number of northern retirees who see them as curiosities and don't show proper respect. It is also because so many people like to feed them from the canal banks. This makes the tiny alligator brain associate the tall thing by the water's edge, with food, which never ends well.

Back
Top Bottom