• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gas almost $7 a gallon

My snooty German car demands premium, and that broke $5 a gallon this week. Peeled an "I did that" sticker off the pump where I was filling up (and where I used to work a couple years ago) and wondered how much money folks are making off these things. The stickers, not the gas.

It's kinda genius as a business model, and also kinda depressing. Someone is printing and selling these stickers, and folks who are bitching about gas prices and inflation are nonetheless forking out real money to buy these stickers and literally throw them away by putting them on the pumps at their local station.

For guano's and grins, I did a quick Duck Duck Go search (sarcasm) to see what they were selling for. The going rate seems to be about 10 bucks for a pack of 100. Seems like a bargain. Until you think about it for a minute.

So instead of buying an extra 2 gallons of guzzoline, you bought 100 stickers to "own the libs." Are you going to put them on 100 gas pumps? No. You're going to use one or maybe (if you're really dedicated) 2 or 3 a week when you go to fill up. You'll chuckle to yourself and say "checkmate, Biden!" before driving off. Then there's a roughly 50/50 chance that the next customer will tear the sticker off (the glue is really weak) and it'll be gone, or the hapless store clerk will pull it off when cleaning the pumps, and that's it. You've got 98 stickers left.

I can almost hear the Sally Struthers-esque commercial...."For the price of an absurdly expensive cup of coffee or roughly the economic impact of the higher gas prices, you too can buy an 'I did that' sticker that will wind up in a landfill within 24 hours and have a surplus of nearly 100 that you'll never use again. Won't you please help?"

Meanwhile I'm saving that 10 bucks every week by putting my snooty car into "Eco-pro" mode, not driving like an idiot, and not paying for shipping on a product that exists only because people are gullible.

My snooty German car demands premium, and that broke $5 a gallon this week. Peeled an "I did that" sticker off the pump where I was filling up (and where I used to work a couple years ago) and wondered how much money folks are making off these things. The stickers, not the gas.

It's kinda genius as a business model, and also kinda depressing. Someone is printing and selling these stickers, and folks who are bitching about gas prices and inflation are nonetheless forking out real money to buy these stickers and literally throw them away by putting them on the pumps at their local station.

For guano's and grins, I did a quick Duck Duck Go search (sarcasm) to see what they were selling for. The going rate seems to be about 10 bucks for a pack of 100. Seems like a bargain. Until you think about it for a minute.
Should be "We did that" with His Flatulence and Putin.

Seen on Facebook:
Its simple people: Look it up. Barrel of oil June 2008 was $126 and a gallon of gas was $4.11 per gallon. Now a barrel of oil is $106 while a gallon of gas is at $6.02 per gallon. Do you understand we are being robbed in front of our eyes?

Yeah, I heard Russians are paying around $2.00 a gal for 94 and up Octane and that's with the Ruble collapsing. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: From Russian Gaming Community so take with grain of salt

Yeah, I heard Russians are paying around $2.00 a gal for 94 and up Octane and that's with the Ruble collapsing. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: From Russian Gaming Community so take with grain of salt
Russia has more oil and gas than they know what to do with; Because they can't sell it to anyone except other Russians right now.

I am surprised it's as much as $1 a gallon over there.

That makes a lot of sense bilby. One thing is for sure I know how folks on the space station feel. My Russian friends and I haven't stopped playing video games together and hardly talk about it to the point people can honestly say we avoid the topic.

Edit: This may not last long because the Video Game industry may get on board with sanctions as well. That's as soon as Fox News and CNN catch wind that nothing has been done.

Edit: Just to make it clear, they are against the war and aren't upset about sanctions.

FFS, the insufferable prick Newsom is proposing sending a check for $400 to all Californians rather than suspend some tax on gas. California has a surplus of $billions. And he's whining about Florida. Prick.

FFS, the insufferable prick Newsom is proposing sending a check for $400 to all Californians rather than suspend some tax on gas. California has a surplus of $billions. And he's whining about Florida. Prick.
You need to take a good hard look in the mirror. There is something seriously amiss when a person can find reason to complain about free money.

Suspending the gas tax benefits the wealthy more than the poor.

You need to take a good hard look in the mirror. There is something seriously amiss when a person can find reason to complain about free money.

I don't know the details of governor dumbass' proposal but at the moment it looks like every person (or adult at least) in California will get a check for $400. So what? Barely $7 per week over a year. And no doubt that $400 will have be declared as income on your taxes. The man is a idiot altogether. But that $400 will be enough to fool the ignorant, thick as pig shit voters to continue voting for the corrupt buffoon.

I don't know the details of governor dumbass' proposal but at the moment it looks like every person (or adult at least) in California will get a check for $400. So what? Barely $7 per week over a year. And no doubt that $400 will have be declared as income on your taxes. The man is a idiot altogether. But that $400 will be enough to fool the ignorant, thick as pig shit voters to continue voting for the corrupt buffoon.
People prefer lump sum money and it's understandable. It's a bit of happiness in their otherwise paycheck to paycheck life. Suspend the CA excise portion ( 51 cents) and folks will quickly get used to gas at that price. Then what? When do you pull the rug out from underneath them and put that 51 cents back on?
And as an aside, I know CA is good about tracking deadbeat dads. So I bet a lot of single moms out there would get $800. Almost two 64 packs of Pampers a month at Walmart. Just knowing that makes it all worth it, eh?

People prefer lump sum money and it's understandable. It's a bit of happiness in their otherwise paycheck to paycheck life.
Sure, it is certainly something but it doesn’t address the actual problem and doesn’t go far enough.
Suspend the CA excise portion ( 51 cents) and folks will quickly get used to gas at that price. Then what? When do you pull the rug out from underneath them and put that 51 cents back on?

Don’t put the tax back. There is no need, California is sitting on billions of surplus money. Oh, and cancel the tax that will be added in June.

And as an aside, I know CA is good about tracking deadbeat dads. So I bet a lot of single moms out there would get $800. Almost two 64 packs of Pampers a month at Walmart. Just knowing that makes it all worth it, eh?
You think so? Maybe yes, maybe no. But as I said earlier, $400 plus ditch the .51 gas tax.

I’ll get $800 and quite frankly I don’t need it. Neither does my kid who will also get it. So there’s $1,200 just in my household that is getting it but doesn’t really, really need it.

Gas has gone down 10 cents from what I can see in my area. Was around 4.19 now like 4.08 and in some places 3.99. I guess Biden made someone nervous with his padding wallets comment.

Gas just broke the $6/gal threshold within the last few weeks, and its already hitting $7 in some pricier places. I'm getting so close to shelling out $50,000 for an electric car. These gas prices are going to bankrupt me otherwise!

Back
Top Bottom