• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gas almost $7 a gallon

Over in the UK, petrol costs around £2.10/l

That's about USD12.70/USGal.

No, that's not a typo.

That Joe Biden certainly gets around.

The UK was expensive when I was there - mid 80's.
yeah - but distances are much smaller...

When Bilby and I were there, I think we filled up twice in the month we were there.... And we did a LOT of driving.

My local congressman (Democrat) is proposing a halt to the state 18c gas tax for the rest of the year.
The tax in Australia is 44cAUD/L. Has been frozen for years (the tax, not us).
Last night I filled up my Subaru. $99.02AUD for 52L!
Won't be long before I crack the $100AUD barrier.

I paid $2.09/L today for diesel. Thankfully my little 40L tank gets me a long distance but Fuck Me, I have never paid $75 to fill up my car! That’s a 6L engine price!

Psaki Bomb!

Jen, I love you a little more with each passing day.

Jen Psaki has been brilliant from the day she started in her job. What an absofuckinglutely great change from the press secretary who started with invoking "alternative facts" in their attempt to defend one of Trump's first in the deluge of brazen lies.

She is also a major reason why I no longer harbour my irrational dislike of redheads.

Saw a $4.59. Costco gas lines were insane, took about two minutes to get to a parking space to go pick up a chicken.
I guess the chicken was afraid to cross the road.
You haven't tried Costco's rotisserie chicken? They use it as a way to lure customers into the store even though they certainly aren't making much of anything on them at this point. 3 pound birds, $4.99 and it's been that way for a long time. No shrinkage, no price increases. Of course they're hoping you pick up more than just a chicken when you stop in for a chicken.

Saw a $4.59. Costco gas lines were insane, took about two minutes to get to a parking space to go pick up a chicken.
I guess the chicken was afraid to cross the road.
You haven't tried Costco's rotisserie chicken? They use it as a way to lure customers into the store even though they certainly aren't making much of anything on them at this point. 3 pound birds, $4.99 and it's been that way for a long time. No shrinkage, no price increases. Of course they're hoping you pick up more than just a chicken when you stop in for a chicken.
Alas, no. I'm not a member.

A cousin of mine was detailing her adventures in a Costco gas station in Duncanville TX where she lives; gas prices were momentarily low, but as word got out, the line ended up reaching extreme lengths, and by the time she reached the actual pump, the price appeared to have gone up twenty cents a gallon....

I must say, the logic of sitting in line for however long to get gas, while burning gas, doesn't quite grok for me. Just go later, when there isnt a line anymore. But then, I never let my tank get much below halfsies if I can help it.

Since we usually buy our gas at Krogers and since we spend too much money on food at Krogers, we usually pay far less for our gas than the price listed on the pump. Ingles also gives you gas points when you buy food in the store. Last time we filled up the hybrid, I think we got a 50 cent discount on each gallon. Does anyone else have grocery stores that give gas points that you can use when you fill up? And, I'm glad to say that we haven't had any lines at the pumps here.

Since we usually buy our gas at Krogers and since we spend too much money on food at Krogers, we usually pay far less for our gas than the price listed on the pump. Ingles also gives you gas points when you buy food in the store. Last time we filled up the hybrid, I think we got a 50 cent discount on each gallon. Does anyone else have grocery stores that give gas points that you can use when you fill up? And, I'm glad to say that we haven't had any lines at the pumps here.
I get points at the local Kroger, but only 10 cents a gallon. I don't drive much, so I still have over half a tank in my hybrid after filling it over two months ago. When I do have to refill, dog knows what the price will be!

It's been all over the place recently, anywhere between about $1.40 and $2, but in the last couple of weeks it seems to be settling around $1.70 per litre in Brisbane.
Since I wrote that, it's been steadily getting more expensive day by day; It's now $1.99 at most locations around here, though you can still fund the odd place in the high 1.80s or low 1.90s.

Nobody wants to be first to go above $2/l in Brisbane.

I get points at the local Kroger, but only 10 cents a gallon. I don't drive much, so I still have over half a tank in my hybrid after filling it over two months ago. When I do have to refill, dog knows what the price will be!
I've never gotten more than 3 cents discount at Kroger. And we spend a couple hundred bucks there every month. How do you guys do it?

I've never gotten more than 3 cents discount at Kroger. And we spend a couple hundred bucks there every month. How do you guys do it?
Giant Eagle has GetGo and there you can easily get 50 to 80 cents a gallon discount built up. But it is a better deal to save it on the groceries.

It's been all over the place recently, anywhere between about $1.40 and $2, but in the last couple of weeks it seems to be settling around $1.70 per litre in Brisbane.
Since I wrote that, it's been steadily getting more expensive day by day; It's now $1.99 at most locations around here, though you can still fund the odd place in the high 1.80s or low 1.90s.

Nobody wants to be first to go above $2/l in Brisbane.
diesel has jumped up 20/L in two days! It’s ridiculous

We often spend a couple hundred bucks there every week, although we've spent a little bit less lately. We only fill up my hybrid about once a month, so between buying so much food and other household supplies and rarely filling up the tank, we usually have a big discount for the gas. Kroger gives us 10 cents off for every 100 bucks we spend, so if we spend 600 bucks in a month, that's 60 cents off. I think Ingles does something similar but we only buy about 100 or so bucks of food a month at Ingles. We also buy groceries at two other stores. To tell you the truth, we eat well, and what we spend at the grocery stores is our biggest expense, since we have no mortgage and we rarely spend money on much else but food. We also share our dinners with our neighbor and she gives us a few hundred bucks a month to pay for her share., along with picking things up for her when we shop. Yesterday, I bought 89 dollars worth of stuff for her. She's currently housebound and unable to drive, but she still knows how to drive me crazy. :p

Back
Top Bottom