• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gaza derail from ICE detention centre thread

You provided sources that debunked your claims, as I have shown. Repeatedly.

I must have missed the quotes and links. Please repost them. All I saw was you pointing out that CNN said it was unable to verify the report at the time it published that article, not that the other sources hadn't verified it.

Here's one for starters: The Jerusalem Post, it in their Timeline of 2012 Gaza escalations:

Emphasis added. They do not know either, since, for the millionth time, there never was an independent investigation into this case.
No matter how many newspaper articles you post, they all go back to the same claims by the family and the Hamas.

Btw, one possibility I just thought of. If the doctor (who supposedly treated the kid) is right abut the 2mm holes in the kid's chest, then what could account for it is that he and his friends were building a nail bomb and it exploded accidentally. A small finishing nail would be the right size.

Just because you don't know what happened doesn't mean you can just make shit up.

Middle East Monitor, among other news outlets, reported the deaths of the boys playing soccer 2 days later: Remembering Israel’s ‘Operation Pillar of Defence
The CNN article about the same incident you posted earlier said that there was NO EVIDENCE they were killed while playing soccer. Since the stadium was used by Hamas to launch rockets into Israel, much more likely they were a rocket launch team. The dead teenagers, 16-18 years old, are certainly the right age to be Hamas terrorists.

Just because you don't know what happened doesn't mean you can just make shit up.

And just because they were in the same general area, as were the mourners at a funeral, doesn't mean they had anything to do with an attack.

The shelling on the 10th was reportedly in response to a Hamas anti-tank round hitting a Jeep and wounding several Israeli soldiers. So unless Hamas has some guys with freaking incredible aim, that could hit a (moving?) vehicle on the Israeli side of the border from the middle of a stadium, it really isn't plausible to simultaneously claim that hitting the Jeep was intentional and the round came from there. Or to accuse people who happened to be in the area of being complicit.

Besides, MEMO is a pro-Hamas rag.

Ad Hominem. Even if it is a pro-Hamas rag, that doesn't mean the report isn't factual.

There are other reports that back up my statements. Show me the ones that back up yours.
I do not claim to know what exactly happened to the kid. I was just showing that we do not know what happened. And I stand by that.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post. It just looks like standard Zionist apologist boilerplate with a side order of undated, sourceless videos and pictures.
And your posts are standard Hamas apologist boilerplate. I showed the evil doings of Hamas, that were known or should have been known to Ilhan Omar. I also showed that the Hamas claim that Israel is somehow almost starving Gazans is a vicious lie.

No, you just showed you aren't reading my posts with comprehension and are trying to insert your own claims into them.

Israel wasn't letting the Gazans starve but it was diverting donated aid and not allowing it to be delivered as it arrived. I said I believed Omar was aware of it, and that her personal history probably led her to look very unfavorably on Israel for doing it. .

We got off onto this discussion when you claimed Ilhan Omar is anti-Semitic and posted a partial tweet in which she criticized the 'evil doings' of Israel as proof.
No, that was the whole tweet. Nothing partial about it.

You didn't post the whole tweet until after I asked for it. I knew part was missing because I remembered seeing it elsewhere, but I didn't know when she sent it and suspected that the date was important.

And when it was pointed out that the tweet was sent during Operation Pillar of Defense and her personal experiences of war in Somalia and as a refugee in Kenya probably factored into her reaction, you completely ignored that part. All you did was post the same brainless Israel = Jews, therefore criticism of Israeli policy = anti-Semitism dogma we've seen a thousand times.

Nobody said that Israel==Jews. So let's drop that straw man right away.

Even so, she's clearly criticizing Israel, not expressing anti-Semitism.
She is opposing Israel for defending itself, something any country has a right to do.
She is only opposing Israel's right to defend itself, which makes it antisemitic.
Antisemites these days like to hide behind claims that they are only "ant-zionist". Do not be deceived by that.

It isn't anti-Semitic unless you are conflating Israel with Jews.

Criticism of a nation's policies isn't the same thing as prejudice against the ethnic identity of it inhabitants. It isn't even related. For example, if I oppose China's takeover of Tibet and criticize the Chinese government for 'evil acts' there, that isn't evidence I am prejudiced against the Chinese. It might be true that I'm anti-Asiatic, but my criticism of China's policy isn't evidence of it, even if I only ever criticize China and not, say, Russia's takeover of Crimea.

I know that the tweet was sent during the Operation Pillar of Defense. I can read dates on tweets. My point is that she calls Israel defending themselves "evil doings" but Hamas shooting 1500 rockets at Israeli civilians, not to mention the long history of Hamas terrorist attacks (like the Sbarro bombing) and the well known genocidal goals of Hamas warrant no condemnation by her. Why such blatant onesidedness?

I do not see why her experiences in Somalia and Kenya should cause her to exaggerate Israel's fault while completely ignoring the truly "evil doings" of Hamas. Other than anti-Semitism of course.
Again, why is she ignoring the EVIL DOINGS OF HAMAS. Why are you, laughing dog and Ilhan Omar so hypnotized by them?

Perhaps it's because the Gazans didn't drive Israelis into refugees camps, isolate and imprison them, divert humanitarian aid to them, and carelessly if not deliberately kill their teenagers. Perhaps it's for some other reason. Perhaps her position is actually quite moral, balanced, and nuanced but the racist Islamophobes on 4chan don't care about that so you never read about it.

And I wouldn't be so sure she doesn't condemn Hamas if I were you:

The Washington Post said:
Ilhan Omar, the congresswoman President Trump’s chanting mob would deport to Africa, sat onstage Tuesday with fellow Muslims, before an audience of Muslims, taking questions from Muslims.

And what she said was quintessentially American.

The head of a group called Muslims for Progressive Values rose to say that “it would be really powerful if the two Muslim congresswomen” — Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) — spoke out against the practice of female genital mutilation.

Omar silenced the room by calling the question “appalling.” Noting that she already “put out statements upon statements” on the topic, she said she’s “quite disgusted, to be honest, that as Muslim legislators we are constantly being asked to waste our time speaking to issues that other people are not asked to speak to.” She mockingly asked whether she needs “to be on repeat every five minutes. So, today, I forgot to condemn al-Qaeda, so here’s the al-Qaeda one. Today, I forgot to condemn FGM [female genital mutilation], so here it goes. Today, I forgot to condemn Hamas, so here it goes.” She said the questions imply that, because she’s Muslim, she might support things “so abhorrent, so offensive, so evil, so vile.”

Her all-American outrage vented, Omar concluded: “I would like , not just for you , but for everyone to know that if you want us to speak as politicians, American politicians, then you treat us as such.”

The audience broke into cheers and applause.

<link>

I think you should give her a fair hearing before you declare her guilty of anti-Semitism or being pro-Hamas.

Last edited:
I must have missed the quotes and links. Please repost them. All I saw was you pointing out that CNN said it was unable to verify the report at the time it published that article, not that the other sources hadn't verified it.
CNN said that there was no evidence that the dead guys were playing football, but they also mentioning Hamas using the stadium to shoot rockets at Israel. So I am inclined to believe they were much more likely part of a rocket firing team. In which case, good riddance!

You are welcome to find any news source that says that they have confirmed the football story. None of the ones you provided so far do.

I am not making shit up. I am saying that there are many things that could have happened, and that you should not trust Hamas. You are the one who insists the kid was shot by Israel and that he was playing football, despite a lack of independent investigation into his death.
There is a lot of lies and propaganda coming out of Gaza. Look at this. They use makeup to stage supposed Israeli attacks.

Offering a scenario much more likely than the one you accept as the Truth is not "making shit up".

The shelling on the 10th was reportedly in response to a Hamas anti-tank round hitting a Jeep and wounding several Israeli soldiers. So unless Hamas has some guys with freaking incredible aim, that could hit a (moving?) vehicle on the Israeli side of the border from the middle of a stadium, it really isn't plausible to simultaneously claim that hitting the Jeep was intentional and the round came from there. Or to accuse people who happened to be in the area of being complicit.
You are right, but I did not claim otherwise. The rockets being launched from the stadium would be unguided Qassam or Grad rockets being shot blindly at Israeli cities, like >1,500 other rockets that were part of the aggression from Gaza (and a war crime btw, because it is deliberate targeting of civilians). The missile that hit the IDF Jeep was likely a Kornet or something like it shot from a line-of-sight location.

Ad Hominem. Even if it is a pro-Hamas rag, that doesn't mean the report isn't factual.
It's not "ad hominem". At most it would be "genetic fallacy". But I do not think it is a fallacy. Reliability of sources is important. And obvious propaganda organs are obviously not reliable sources. They may occasionally publish something factual, but how do you decide what is wheat and what is (the much more predominant) chaff?

No, you just showed you aren't reading my posts with comprehension and are trying to insert your own claims into them.
I comprehend. I am not sure you do. The 12 year old was being used as a propaganda tool by Hamas in Gaza. Thus you can't assume what is being said about the case is factual. For example, if he was accidentally hit by shrapnel from a Hamas shell, would Hamas not want to blame Israel regardless, for propaganda purposes?

Israel wasn't letting the Gazans starve but it was diverting donated aid and not allowing it to be delivered as it arrived. I said I believed Omar was aware of it, and that her personal history probably led her to look very unfavorably on Israel for doing it. .
Actually it is Hamas that diverts aid. Why is Omar's personal history not leading her to condemn what Hamas is doing?

You didn't post the whole tweet until after I asked for it. I knew part was missing because I remembered seeing it elsewhere, but I didn't know when she sent it and suspected that the date was important.
I don't remember ever posting only a part of it. Can you point me to a post #?

And when it was pointed out that the tweet was sent during Operation Pillar of Defense and her personal experiences of war in Somalia and as a refugee in Kenya probably factored into her reaction, you completely ignored that part. All you did was post the same brainless Israel = Jews, therefore criticism of Israeli policy = anti-Semitism dogma we've seen a thousand times.

Nobody said that Israel==Jews. So let's drop that straw man right away.

It isn't anti-Semitic unless you are conflating Israel with Jews.
It is she who is doing the conflating. Why attack Israel and only Israel when other countries have done much worse, if not because Israel is a Jewish state?
She has not condemned Hamas at all. Why?

Criticism of a nation's policies isn't the same thing as prejudice against the ethnic identity of it inhabitants. It isn't even related. For example, if I oppose China's takeover of Tibet and criticize the Chinese government for 'evil acts' there, that isn't evidence I am prejudiced against the Chinese.
If the only takeovers you condemn are the ones involving the Chinese, then yes. But the two cases are not that similar. Tibetans are not trying to push Chinese into the sea or claiming that Beijing should be their capital. Neither have they shot thousands of rockets at Chinese cities or committed suicide bombings on Chinese buses and in Chinese restaurants.

It might be true that I'm anti-Asiatic, but my criticism of China's policy isn't evidence of it, even if I only ever criticize China and not, say, Russia's takeover of Crimea.
I think such selective outrage is evidence of bias. But again, the cases are not that similar to what is going on in Israel.

Perhaps it's because the Gazans didn't drive Israelis into refugees camps,
Actually plenty of Jews were driven out of Gaza and Judea/Samaria during the War of Independence. More were expelled from Arab countries such as Yemen. The difference is that Israel integrated those people as full citizens and did not keep them in refugee camps. Arabs could have done the same, but they decided to keep these people in refugee camps forever the better to use them as pawns against Israel. That is not Israel's fault. Israel did not make Arabs keep these people in refugee camps.

isolate and imprison them,
Up until fairly recently, people in Gaza were not isolated. Many even worked in Israel. It was takeover of Gaza by Hamas that led to isolation. And not just by Israel. Egypt too is wary of Gaza/Hamas.
And the only Gazans imprisoned by Israel are terrorists.

divert humanitarian aid to them,
Hamas is doing that.
Hamas Terror Tunnels- Built with Gazans’ Stolen Money
You know, the terrorist group that Ilhan Omar will not condemn.

and carelessly if not deliberately kill their teenagers.
Just because they are teenagers does not mean they are not combatants.
Take Waad Alzerei as an example.
Waad Alzerei, 19-year-old who was living in Palestine, faces charges that he lied to secure a U.S. visa
Mass Live said:
In a second interview at the airport, Alzerei told the officers he lost his leg on Oct. 23, 2015 after he was shot by a stray bullet from Israeli Defense Force while he was picking olives in a field near the Gaza-Israel border. He told the officers there were no protests going on during the shooting.
[..]
The officers searched Alzerei’s cell phone and found photos and videos that seemed to show Alzerei’s affiliation with members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and Hamas. These groups have been designated as Foreign Terrorist Organizations by the United States government since 1997, according to prosecutors.
Officers also found photographs of Alzerei hurling large rocks at Israeli Defense Force members on Oct. 23, 2015, the day he was shot in the leg near the border.
The officers showed Alzerei the photos, and he smiled and laughed, according to the court paperwork, and then admitted it was him.

He was 15 in 2015, and already affiliated with both Hamas and PFLP. A prolific terrorist teenager.

Perhaps it's for some other reason. Perhaps her position is actually quite moral, balanced, and nuanced but the racist Islamophobes on 4chan don't care about that so you never read about it.
If it was "moral, balanced and nuanced" she would condemn Hamas much more than Israel, as Hamas' culpability is orders of magnitude greater.
But she selectively only condemns Israel and gives Hamas (as well as Islamic Jihad) a pass.
Why, if not because of her anti-Semitism?

And I wouldn't be so sure she doesn't condemn Hamas if I were you:

The Washington Post said:
Today, I forgot to condemn Hamas, so here it goes.”
"Here it goes"? What a weak sauce, pro-forma "condemnation" and only after being called out for giving them a pass. That's like her "some people did something" dismissal of Islamic terrorism on 9/11.

Last edited:

It's quite plausible. What part of "guided" do you not understand? Anti-tank missiles are meant to hit a moving target at any range they can reach.

It's quite plausible. What part of "guided" do you not understand? Anti-tank missiles are meant to hit a moving target at any range they can reach.

So your contention is that the round was fired by someone positioned out in the open in the middle of a soccer stadium with such precision it hit a Jeep more than 1/2 mile away, and for this reason the even more accurate Israeli return fire killed a couple of teenagers at the stadium and also wounded and killed some folks attending a nearby funeral for good measure?

Last edited:

So your contention is that the round was fired by someone positioned out in the open in the middle of a soccer stadium with such precision it hit a Jeep more than 1/2 mile away, and for this reason the even more accurate Israeli return fire killed a couple of teenagers at the stadium and also wounded and killed some folks attending a nearby funeral for good measure?

Since it was a guided missile hitting a moving target at half a mile is nothing spectacular. Likewise, a tank hitting something at half a mile is no surprise.

Note that you are taking it as a given that the soccer players and the shooters are different people. It makes much more sense if they are one in the same.

Note that you are taking it as a given that the soccer players and the shooters are different people. It makes much more sense if they are one in the same.
There is no rational reason that it necessarily makes more sense to conclude the victims deserved their deaths unless one is looking for any reason to excuse the IDF.

So your contention is that the round was fired by someone positioned out in the open in the middle of a soccer stadium with such precision it hit a Jeep more than 1/2 mile away, and for this reason the even more accurate Israeli return fire killed a couple of teenagers at the stadium
It is perfectly possible that the attack on the jeep is a separate incident and that the team at the stadium was shooting regular unguided missiles at Israeli cities.
Also, there is nothing at all unusual in teenagers getting recruited by Hamas (al Qassam Brigades) or Islamic Jihad (al Quds Brigades) or Fatah (Al Aqsa Maryrs Brigades).

By the way, the Palestinian Islamonazis have hoisted the swastika again today.
Nazi Swastika Flag Raised by Palestinian Rioters During Unrest on Israel-Gaza Border
borderflag.jpg

Heil Haniyeh!

Since it was a guided missile hitting a moving target at half a mile is nothing spectacular. Likewise, a tank hitting something at half a mile is no surprise.

Actually, it doesn't

It makes no sense for the shooters to be out in the open in the middle of a soccer field. We all know that Israel had some pretty good surveillance systems deployed around Gaza and keeps close watch on things..

Now, if you wanted to argue that the tent full of mourners was targeted because it's location made it seem a likely source of the fire, or that onlookers to the soccer game appeared to be acting like spotters for the shooters, that's at least plausible. Of course, making that argument would require you to follow the links and read up on the situation so you actually know what you're talking about.

So your contention is that the round was fired by someone positioned out in the open in the middle of a soccer stadium with such precision it hit a Jeep more than 1/2 mile away, and for this reason the even more accurate Israeli return fire killed a couple of teenagers at the stadium
It is perfectly possible that the attack on the jeep is a separate incident and that the team at the stadium was shooting regular unguided missiles at Israeli cities.
Also, there is nothing at all unusual in teenagers getting recruited by Hamas (al Qassam Brigades) or Islamic Jihad (al Quds Brigades) or Fatah (Al Aqsa Maryrs Brigades).

By the way, the Palestinian Islamonazis have hoisted the swastika again today.
Nazi Swastika Flag Raised by Palestinian Rioters During Unrest on Israel-Gaza Border
borderflag.jpg

Heil Haniyeh!

Were they carrying tiki torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us"? Because Trump says there are good people on both sides.

Were they carrying tiki torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us"?

No, but their leader was yelling about ripping their hearts out.

But you know, according to the leader of the UK Labour Party and shaddow PM of the United Kingdom, Hamas are just social justice warriors. :rolleyes:

Ugh. Facebook. :rolleyes:

You could at least warn people you're using Facebook as a source when you link to that crap so the rest of us don't unwittingly open the page.

You could at least warn people you're using Facebook as a source when you link to that crap so the rest of us don't unwittingly open the page.
The source is not Facebook. Facebook is merely hosting the (1 minute long) video. The source is Comrade Jezza himself, in his own words. The video used to be on YouTube as well, but it got removed (wonder why?) and only a shorter version remains, one that cuts off before the reference to "long term peace and social justice and political justice" that the left-wing Leader of the UK Opposition credits Hamas with.

The source is not Facebook. Facebook is merely hosting the (1 minute long) video. The source is Comrade Jezza himself, in his own words. The video used to be on YouTube as well, but it got removed (wonder why?) and only a shorter version remains, one that cuts off before the reference to "long term peace and social justice and political justice" that the left-wing Leader of the UK Opposition credits Hamas with.

So Facebook is hosting a video of unknown provenance and you wonder why You Tube wants nothing to do with it?

So Facebook is hosting a video of unknown provenance and you wonder why You Tube wants nothing to do with it?
Unknown provenance? Dude said it, there is no use denying it.
Never mind, found it on Youtube (did not pop up in search initially because of the non-specific title). But I guess maybe Guardian has it in for the Fearless Leader too ...

Unknown provenance? Dude said it, there is no use denying it.
Never mind, found it on Youtube (did not pop up in search initially because of the non-specific title). But I guess maybe Guardian has it in for the Fearless Leader too ...

Congratulations, you found it on You Tube.

Now, what was your point? Suspicion is as good as proof? It's okay to target teenagers because if they haven't already joined the military they will soon, like it's a law they have to serve for 2 years or something?

Or was it, 'people who use Nazi symbols are Nazis unless they're white Americans, in which case they're Race Patriots'?

Last edited:
Ugh. Facebook. :rolleyes:

Hey, Facebook is well known to be the most reliable news source right after FOX News, Infowars, Breitbart and Muzykalnaya Pravda. You can be sure they're telling the truth because they are all saying the same thing!

Now, what was your point?
Point of the video was that we were talking about antisemitism among US left wing politicians like Ilhan Omar, so I was adding the video of a prominent UK politician (leader of the Labour Party and Leader of the Opposition even) explicitly praising Hamas.

Suspicion is as good as proof? It's okay to target teenagers because if they haven't already joined the military they will soon, like it's a law they have to serve for 2 years or something?
Huh? Nobody said anything like that. But when anti-Israel propaganda speaks about how many "children" Israel has killed, keep in mind that most of those "children" are teenage combatants because both Hamas' and Islamic Jihad's terrorist wings like to recruit them young.

Or was it, 'people who use Nazi symbols are Nazis unless they're white Americans, in which case they're Race Patriots'?
Maybe the Antifas should go to Gaza and try to punch some actual Nazis, instead of attacking non-nazis they disagree with?

There is no rational reason that it necessarily makes more sense to conclude the victims deserved their deaths unless one is looking for any reason to excuse the IDF.

Occam's Razor.

We have a missile coming from that location. They were of an age to be combatants. They didn't leave when they saw a missile team setting up (and they certainly should have!) The simplest explanation is that they were the missile crew.

Actually, it doesn't

It makes no sense for the shooters to be out in the open in the middle of a soccer field. We all know that Israel had some pretty good surveillance systems deployed around Gaza and keeps close watch on things..

Now, if you wanted to argue that the tent full of mourners was targeted because it's location made it seem a likely source of the fire, or that onlookers to the soccer game appeared to be acting like spotters for the shooters, that's at least plausible. Of course, making that argument would require you to follow the links and read up on the situation so you actually know what you're talking about.

It doesn't take long to pull out and launch an anti-tank missile, eyes in the sky won't be able to stop them fast enough. Such missiles have a substantial backblast. Fire them indoors and there's no way you'll be able to guide them even if you don't mind probably dying in the process. (There are some specialty rounds now that can be fired indoors but AFIAK they are only unguided versions. Making them indoor-safe means replacing the launch rocket with a system that ejects something harmless--which carries much less energy. You either make what is launched smaller or you make the ejected material considerably heavier--and anti-tank missiles are already very heavy things.) Fire them on a street and you're probably going to kill other Gazans. While Hamas likes dead Gazans they want them in a form that Israel will be blamed for, not something obviously due to their own actions. Thus such a missile has to be fired from a reasonably open and vacant space--say, a field. The other option would be a roof, but that would make it much more likely they would be spotted by eyes in the sky before they got their bird off.

You also have the detail that you need a clear line of fire between the launcher and the target. You can't fire from street level because there will be people and things in the way (not to mention how many of those people you kill with the sustainer motor--such missiles are built to be safe for the crew, they are not remotely safe to have fly near you until the sustainer burns out.)

Back
Top Bottom