• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
So, can you distinguish between Gazans, their supporters, and Hamas?

That's my question. Can you distinguish between Gazans and Hamas and their supporters?
Tom
ETA ~ Can you distinguish between the folks who launched the October 7 attack and everybody else? ~
`
Your questions are illogical because there is an overlap among Gazans and Hamas. Some Gazans are members of Hamas and some are not.

Your reference to “their supporters” is ambiguous. Are you referring to supporters in Gaza of Hamas or supporters of Hamas worldwide ir supporters of Gaza’s civilians?

And who do you mean by “ everybody else”?

Have you explained the faked attack? Do you even have enough understanding of military stuff to understand why I called one of the strikes fake?
The IDF admitted it killed the food aid workers and the ambulance going to the aid of a child. Why would the IDF be mistaken about what they did?
They have apologized before for things later shown to be fake. If it's possible for them to have done it they tend to apologize before all the facts are in.

And it's only one of the three that's clearly faked. The others we do not know.

Give me a reason to believe that the whole debacle is not a direct result of Muslim authoritarian violence. Just one.
That would mean there's no solution. And that can't happen in a just world. Thus it has to be Israel, not Iran.

There's an intruder in your house with a double-barreled shotgun. Is your family safe because two rounds aren't enough to kill everyone in the house?
That's a really shitty analogy. The intruder left months ago and now you not only want to murder him but all his family and friends too.
Israel is going after the intruder: Hamas.

Hamas launched the attack and Hamas terrorists did the raping, killing and kidnapping. . Civilians did not.
The line is blurred. It appears some civilians joined in with the hope of getting the $10k reward for capturing hostages.

Have you explained the faked attack? Do you even have enough understanding of military stuff to understand why I called one of the strikes fake?
The IDF admitted it killed the food aid workers and the ambulance going to the aid of a child. Why would the IDF be mistaken about what they did?
They have apologized before for things later shown to be fake. If it's possible for them to have done it they tend to apologize before all the facts are in.

And it's only one of the three that's clearly faked. The others we do not know.
We have more evidence the IDF killed the food aid workers and the 3 Israeli hostages than you have that any incident was faked.

So what do we know that the other fourteen members don't? Why are we the only one choosing the right path? Fucking amazing.

In other news, Israel escalates the tit for tat with Iran. Actually it looks like it was two tits and one ineffective tat.

Iran is talking down the potential strike. It still isn't clear what happened. Suspicious object, three drones, no missiles?

Also, how can Palestine have statehood? That is cart before horse.

So what do we know that the other fourteen members don't? Why are we the only one choosing the right path? Fucking amazing.
Possibly what they know is that the US will vote against, so therefore they can safely vote in favor. There won't be any consequences.
Tom

Possibly what they know is that the US will vote against, so therefore they can safely vote in favor. There won't be any consequences.
Tom
So if the US were to vote in favor you're saying... what?

Tom
Things would happen.
I don't know what.

Possibly the war would get better, but probably it would get a lot worse. Maybe Palestinians would get to vote on their "government", maybe not.

Honestly, I have no idea what would happen. But the way things are, other governments can pretend to be taking the moral high ground, without being concerned about the outcome.
Tom

Tom
Things would happen.
I don't know what.

Possibly the war would get better, but probably it would get a lot worse. Maybe Palestinians would get to vote on their "government", maybe not.

Honestly, I have no idea what would happen. But the way things are, other governments can pretend to be taking the moral high ground, without being concerned about the outcome.
Tom

Honestly, I have no idea
I agree.
The difference is that I realize it.
Tom
The only comment of substance you’ve made is those voting in favor were “taking the moral high ground”. Not “pretending”, they are. They know it is the United States that jammed this up the UN’s ass in ‘48 and by and large, Israel has treated Palestinians atrociously since. It is their actions that has spawned Palestinian hatred since.
What would you do if your little region of Indiana was cordoned off and all necessities were controlled outside of your region: utilities, goods, your ability to travel? And every time you tried to fight back, the situation was made worse?

Honestly, I have no idea
I agree.
Tom
That is a self rebuttal.
It's a rebuttal of people claiming to know what will happen.

I honestly believe that Palestinian state hood would almost entirely benefit the most violent and corrupt of the Palestinian leadership, like Hamas. Rather like letting Russia defeat Ukraine. It would be solid evidence that violence pays.
Therefore I would expect more of it.
Tom

Honestly, I have no idea
I agree.
Tom
That is a self rebuttal.
It's a rebuttal of people claiming to know what will happen.

I honestly believe that Palestinian state hood would almost entirely benefit the most violent and corrupt of the Palestinian leadership, like Hamas. Rather like letting Russia defeat Ukraine. It would be solid evidence that violence pays.
Therefore I would expect more of it.
Tom
There is no need to confirm you have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom