• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Gaza. Split From: Dem VP Pic: your choice?

To notify a split thread.

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
I apologize for the tardiness of my response.
I thought you meant Human Rights Campaign in the sense that they are not radical enough for you.
I suppose you consider the Human Rights Campaign to be some sort of terrifying communist threat? :ROFLMAO:
When did I say anything as ridiculous as that? I support gay rights as part of my larger position on personal freedoms. I supported the Lawrence v. Texas and Obergefell decisions. In fact, I supported gay marriage well before high-profile Dems like Hillary and Biden got around to it.

However, I think that much of contemporary LGBT activism is quite toxic. They embrace far-left and otherwise extremist positions. For example, supporting Hamas and opposing Israel when Hamas would kill them for being gay if they lived in Gaza. Or having extreme anti-police positions. LGBT activists are heavily overrepresented in the violence and vandalism targeting the public safety training center being built outside Atlanta for example.

I think that is in that sense that you think that Mayor Pete is "not queer". He is not an extremist LGBT activist. And that's a good thing.

Btw, LGBT activist idiotic position of Gaza is skewered here.

However, I think that much of contemporary LGBT activism is quite toxic. They embrace far-left and otherwise extremist positions. For example, supporting Hamas and opposing Israel

Can you offer some evidence of who, and how many, are supporting Hamas, as opposed to say, oh, I don’t know, opposing Israeli genocide of Palestinians in Gaza? :unsure:

I thought you meant Human Rights Campaign in the sense that they are not radical enough for you.
I suppose you consider the Human Rights Campaign to be some sort of terrifying communist threat? :ROFLMAO:
When did I say anything as ridiculous as that? I support gay rights as part of my larger position on personal freedoms. I supported the Lawrence v. Texas and Obergefell decisions. In fact, I supported gay marriage well before high-profile Dems like Hillary and Biden got around to it.

However, I think that much of contemporary LGBT activism is quite toxic. They embrace far-left and otherwise extremist positions. For example, supporting Hamas and opposing Israel when Hamas would kill them for being gay if they lived in Gaza. Or having extreme anti-police positions. LGBT activists are heavily overrepresented in the violence and vandalism targeting the public safety training center being built outside Atlanta for example.

I think that is in that sense that you think that Mayor Pete is "not queer". He is not an extremist LGBT activist. And that's a good thing.

Btw, LGBT activist idiotic position of Gaza is skewered here.
What do gay rights and the Gaza conflict even have to do with each other? Those are unrelated topics.

What do gay rights and the Gaza conflict even have to do with each other? Those are unrelated topics.
Exactly. Go tell that to the "Queers for Palestine" nutburgers.

This was exactly my point - that contemporary LGBTQXYZABC activist crowd has embraced extremist left-wing positions that have nothing to do with LGBT issues. For example opposition to Israel and to training police and firefighters.

Last edited:
Did you miss the recent protests in DC where they were quite open about it?
Cite?
I posted about those creeps in the "Columbia" thread. But here again, just for you.
GettyImages-2162756620.jpg
5cec3715-5495-4937-8079-c4be052e8772.jpg

No such thing as Israeli genocide in Gaza? Lol. Your stupid, uniformed opinion, to be sure.
The only genocide there is the attempted genocide of Jews by Hamas and allied terror groups.

10/7 was this attitude put in practice.
And btw., Hamas has vowed to repeat 10/7 over and over again until Israel is destroyed. Obviously, Israel cannot allow that, and no other country would be expected to. How do you think US would react if the equivalent of 10/7 happened to us?

Last edited:
And why are they “nutburgers”? Because they are queer?
No, because they are on the side of terrorists who would kill them for being queer.

But maybe best not to talk about this further lest we derail this thread even more.

Last edited:
No, because they are on the side of terrorists who would kill them for being queer.

But maybe best not to talk about this further lest we derail this thread even more.
Yep. The Gays for Gaza group is kinda like Chickens for KFC.

Reactions: SLD
Don’t you right-wingers ever tire of this obvious gutter smear?

This is the tactic: Anyone who is against Israel’s ongoing genocide in Gaza against the Palestinian people is automatically pro-Hamas, pro-terror, AND anti-Semitic to boot! Jerry Coyne repeatedly pushes all these filthy lies at his awful blog.

In fact, the gay protesters are against genocide, as they and all of us should be.

I have no use for right-wing evangelical Christians or their policies. But if someone were slaughtering them, I would protest.

I have no use for religion in general. But if someone were trying to take away freedom of worship in the United States, I would protest.

The funny thing is this: The right-wingers are always attacking gays and other minorities for supposedly practicing “identity politics” — blacks voting only for blacks, gays for gays, etc. etc. This is not true, of course, and also ignores the fact that for decades, huge numbers oif straight, white cisgendered men have been voting only for straight, white, cisgendered candidates BECAUSE they ARE straight, white, cisgendered men. IOW, these guys have always practiced the very thing they condemn when or if others do it — identity politics!

Here we have a case of gays NOT conforming to this “identity politics” charge and they get attacked for it!

Pitiful.

Did you miss the recent protests in DC where they were quite open about it?
Cite?
I posted about those creeps in the "Columbia" thread. But here again, just for you.
GettyImages-2162756620.jpg
5cec3715-5495-4937-8079-c4be052e8772.jpg

No such thing as Israeli genocide in Gaza? Lol. Your stupid, uniformed opinion, to be sure.
The only genocide there is the attempted genocide of Jews by Hamas and allied terror groups.

10/7 was this attitude put in practice.
And btw., Hamas has vowed to repeat 10/7 over and over again until Israel is destroyed. Obviously, Israel cannot allow that, and no other country would be expected to. How do you think US would react if the equivalent of 10/7 happened to us?

It is utterly idiotic to expect a small band of terrorists to commit genocide. It is quite plausible to expect a large modern army like Israel’s to commit genocide, which is what they are in fact doing.

A few scrawls of graffiti on a pedestal prove absolutely nothing about the motivation of a majority of the anti-Israel genocide protesters, or about the majority of demonstrators in the case of DC. If you’ve got evidence to back your claims, present it. If not, stow it.

Don’t you right-wingers ever tire of this obvious gutter smear?
It's an unpleasant reality.
This is the tactic: Anyone who is against Israel’s ongoing genocide in Gaza against the Palestinian people is automatically pro-Hamas, pro-terror, AND anti-Semitic to boot! Jerry Coyne repeatedly pushes all these filthy lies at his awful blog.

In fact, the gay protesters are against genocide, as they and all of us should be.
Because they don't understand the situation.

The only choices on the table are Israel or Hamas. Some enlightened, peaceful Palestinian state is impossible in the current situation.
I have no use for right-wing evangelical Christians or their policies. But if someone were slaughtering them, I would protest.
A better comparison is they brought their families along when they're attacking you. Same as the Bundys did when they took their cattle that had been seized for improper grazing.

I have no use for religion in general. But if someone were trying to take away freedom of worship in the United States, I would protest.
The only side trying to take away freedom of worship is the Palestinians.
The funny thing is this: The right-wingers are always attacking gays and other minorities for supposedly practicing “identity politics” — blacks voting only for blacks, gays for gays, etc. etc. This is not true, of course, and also ignores the fact that for decades, huge numbers oif straight, white cisgendered men have been voting only for straight, white, cisgendered candidates BECAUSE they ARE straight, white, cisgendered men. IOW, these guys have always practiced the very thing they condemn when or if others do it — identity politics!

Here we have a case of gays NOT conforming to this “identity politics” charge and they get attacked for it!

Pitiful.
They're getting attacked because they're the equivalent of blacks supporting the confederacy.

It is utterly idiotic to expect a small band of terrorists to commit genocide. It is quite plausible to expect a large modern army like Israel’s to commit genocide, which is what they are in fact doing.
30,000 isn't a "small band". And they have explicitly said they intend genocide.

And if Israel is committing genocide they are being remarkably incompetent about it.
A few scrawls of graffiti on a pedestal prove absolutely nothing about the motivation of a majority of the anti-Israel genocide protesters, or about the majority of demonstrators in the case of DC. If you’ve got evidence to back your claims, present it. If not, stow it.
They don't realize what would happen if they got what they wanted. Same as a bunch of Republicans who dismiss Project 2025 as extremist nonsense. They don't realize they are useful idiots for a group that makes Project 2025 look mild.

It is utterly idiotic to expect a small band of terrorists to commit genocide.
Hamas is a quite large band of terrorists. Before the current war, they had ~40k fighters in Gaza alone, and also a significant presence in the West Bank (Judea and Samaria). They are also allied with smaller, but still sizeable, terror groups like the Islamic Jihad.
Moreover, they are vassals of the Iranian theocracy. Iran is a country of almost 90 million, while Israel has less than 10 million people. The Tehran regime maintains other vassals such as Hezbollah, Houthis and various militias in Iraq, all of whom have been attacking Israel since the initial aggression from Gaza. Among those, Hezbollah is the most powerful and also closest to Israel, and they have been doing most of the attacking in recent months.
Btw, Biden should thank Bibi for taking out Hezbollah leader Fuad Shukr, as he was considered a specially designated terrorist by the US State Department.

It is quite plausible to expect a large modern army like Israel’s to commit genocide, which is what they are in fact doing.
If Israel wanted to commit genocide, they would be quite capable of doing so.
But that's not what they are doing. The death toll is quite low for prolonged urban warfare when the enemy is wantonly violating every rule of war, such as firing rockets from designated humanitarian zones or using schools where civilians are sheltering for militant purposes.
444621d9-e252-4f0e-989e-276c4ce89eef.jpeg

It's not just the graffiti. It's also waving of Hamas flags. It's the picket signs such as "Qassam's next target" one with the arrow aimed at Jewish counterprotesters. Note that the "majority of the demonstrators" are not distancing themselves from those who are overtly pro-Hamas.
And I am not going to "stow it". You should stow your apologetics for these pro-Hamas vandals.

Back
Top Bottom