• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gentle George Zimmerman ROAD RAGE!

It looks to me like Zimmerman is a man slowly working his way into jail where he belongs. Not this time....well sometime later then....that's only if somebody doesn't kill him first.
But see Arkirk, no one has tried to kill him since the outcome of his trial. However, he keeps projecting that aura of a well intended man who just happens to be greatly misunderstood and fears for his life and really, really... he was just trying to help his good friend owner of a business who hired him to be a security guard and oh....he did not want to just leave his dog overnight on its own inside his good friend business. Each time Zimmerman was in an odd situation, he pulled through by playing the card of " Oh I meant well..." even as he lies about his being hired as a security guard.

Oh... he had just forgotten he had not one but 2 passports, 2 passports he omitted to mention during his first bond hearing. Oh...he was just concerned about his girl friend flying into a rage and that is why he had barricaded himself into her home. Oh...he was so upset about all those "punks" who had got away after breaking into homes in his neighborhood. Oh.... he really wanted to become a police officer so he could serve and protect. Oh... he went to his ex-in laws home because he wanted to retrieve his things and was concerned that if he did not he would never be able to have access to them. Oh...he had filed a counter restraining order against his ex first wife because she had filed a RO against him and she was the violent party. Not him...never. Oh...he attacked a law enforcement officer in a bar to defend his good friend. Oh...he did not know the man he attacked was a law enforcement officer... and he had had a few drinks.
you know.

Oh... he is such a beloved and esteemed man by his family and relatives and good friends.Well, not so much by his female cousin who interviewed by 2 Feds revealed how George from the time she was a child up to the age of 16, he repeatedly physically intimidated her while touching her inappropriately. Not so much by her parents who had decided to confront him while arranging a meeting and he got up and left the table. Oh...poor George victim of false accusations. Harassed so unjustly by his own relatives.

Oh...as he felt he was about to lose consciousness while his head was "smashed on concrete several times", only then as he saw Martin reach for his gun, did he then rescue himself from death by shooting Martin. Oh...he had been the victim of an attack ,in that alley, by Martin. Oh... he was just being a good citizen who had called 911 and was making sure he would give the cops the right address and that is the only reason why he pursued to follow Martin in that alley.

Oh..oh..and all those hos (which there are many more) all converging towards a character who never assumes responsibility for his own choices of actions. There is always an excuse or an untruth.

Funny. None of Z's defenders here to help him out.

I have no doubt that if he were accused of rape by a black woman, a certain poster would be along shortly to defend him.

It looks to me like Zimmerman is a man slowly working his way into jail where he belongs. Not this time....well sometime later then....that's only if somebody doesn't kill him first.
But see Arkirk, no one has tried to kill him since the outcome of his trial. However, he keeps projecting that aura of a well intended man who just happens to be greatly misunderstood and fears for his life and really, really... he was just trying to help his good friend owner of a business who hired him to be a security guard and oh....he did not want to just leave his dog overnight on its own inside his good friend business. Each time Zimmerman was in an odd situation, he pulled through by playing the card of " Oh I meant well..." even as he lies about his being hired as a security guard.

Oh... he had just forgotten he had not one but 2 passports, 2 passports he omitted to mention during his first bond hearing. Oh...he was just concerned about his girl friend flying into a rage and that is why he had barricaded himself into her home. Oh...he was so upset about all those "punks" who had got away after breaking into homes in his neighborhood. Oh.... he really wanted to become a police officer so he could serve and protect. Oh... he went to his ex-in laws home because he wanted to retrieve his things and was concerned that if he did not he would never be able to have access to them. Oh...he had filed a counter restraining order against his ex first wife because she had filed a RO against him and she was the violent party. Not him...never. Oh...he attacked a law enforcement officer in a bar to defend his good friend. Oh...he did not know the man he attacked was a law enforcement officer... and he had had a few drinks.
you know.

Oh... he is such a beloved and esteemed man by his family and relatives and good friends.Well, not so much by his female cousin who interviewed by 2 Feds revealed how George from the time she was a child up to the age of 16, he repeatedly physically intimidated her while touching her inappropriately. Not so much by her parents who had decided to confront him while arranging a meeting and he got up and left the table. Oh...poor George victim of false accusations. Harassed so unjustly by his own relatives.

Oh...as he felt he was about to lose consciousness while his head was "smashed on concrete several times", only then as he saw Martin reach for his gun, did he then rescue himself from death by shooting Martin. Oh...he had been the victim of an attack ,in that alley, by Martin. Oh... he was just being a good citizen who had called 911 and was making sure he would give the cops the right address and that is the only reason why he pursued to follow Martin in that alley.

Oh..oh..and all those hos (which there are many more) all converging towards a character who never assumes responsibility for his own choices of actions. There is always an excuse or an untruth.

You forget that rightists (conservatives and libertarians both, if we must make a distinction) believe that he was the victim of a vast conspiracy by the "PC police."

How hard would it be for them to believe that the same conspiracy has been hounding the same man for his entire life? I mean, Zimmerman is half white after all, and we all know how much the PC Police conspiracy hate white people.

*sigh*

you know.

You forget that rightists (conservatives and libertarians both, if we must make a distinction) believe that he was the victim of a vast conspiracy by the "PC police."
Oddly, I have libertarian friends who are far from fitting the profile of rightists because they are social liberals. Oddly, I also have conservative friends who have concluded that the non guilty verdict was the product of the prosecution failing to eliminate reasonable doubt. None of those good folks dwell on any notion of " a vast conspiracy by the PC police". What all them share in common as Florida residents, is how alarmed they were (as I was) that some individual could self appoint himself as a Neighborhood Watchman who carries a firearm, in a neighborhood whose HOA did not even have an official Neighborhood Watch, individual who confused his role (to be limited to ONLY calling 911), for meaning he was to engage in the pursuit of a person he deemed to be suspicious.And deemed suspicious based a on highly subjective perception on Zimmerman's part.

How hard would it be for them to believe that the same conspiracy has been hounding the same man for his entire life? I mean, Zimmerman is half white after all, and we all know how much the PC Police conspiracy hate white people.

*sigh*
My 90 years old libertarian friend ( social liberal) considers that Zimmerman is a ticking bomb. He sees him as a sociopath. Crafty enough to manipulate the public opinion in his favor(in fact he has..who are all those good folks who donated to his website?). Many being donors convinced that George had been the legitimate victim of an unprovoked attack and he rightly defended his life. Certainly some who embrace the "Young Black male walking" paranoia and cannot help but associate young Black male to "can only be violent". Certainly some gun advocates who embraced Zimmerman as a poster boy for the 2nd Amendment.(and the NRA).

What I have encountered though is some Evangelical Christians attempting to convince me with their usual irrational babbling that their brethren George is being tested by the Lord! That he is earning his "crown of glory" and will be vindicated as he will benefit of his place in Heaven! That they are praying for him for strength and wisdom and that he can still "rejoice in his sufferings". I am like...WTF!!!!

I wonder if his defenders can now finally see that the narrative that Martin attacked him first is extremely implausible. I pegged Zimmerman as a thug when I learned he had attacked the off duty officer. Thugs are problem starters. Its obvious now with the multiple instances of conflict that Zimmerman isn't simply haplessly finding himself in trouble. He's creating these situations himself.

Meh. His police call where he was got out of his car to follow Trayvon Martin was quite enough for me. It was always absurd to think that Martin came running back from his house, unarmed, to attack a guy who he would have thought was sitting in a car. So, don't expect any changes.

We won't see a change in the attitudes of Zimmerman defenders until Zimmerman shoots a white man.

To be fair here, I do not think it has been established and beyond any reasonable doubt that Trayvons' ethnicity was the sole motivational factor for Zimmerman to perceive Trayvon as a suspicious party. the ethnicity based connection in his mind having been (according to his statements on the 911 recorded audio tape) with the "punks" who keep getting away after attempts of or completed break ins in his neighborhood. Which it was reported in the media involved suspects or perpetrators of Black ethnicity. Meaning there already was a known established profile of those suspects or perpetrators which included ethnicity in their description.

The above addresses Zimmerman's mind state alone NOT the assumed mind state of individuals who in their commentaries deploy efforts to justify their bias that a Black victim is never an innocent party. Who tend to have that "Pavlov dog" response directing their associating young Black male to susceptible to being a criminal or about to engage in a criminal activity. In their case, the ethnicity of the Black victim seems to be an automatic trigger for such association. I am not sure such ethnicity based trigger inducing the association with violence/criminality would apply to Caucasian victims based on the victim's political leaning or economic class or being an Union member.

Let's face for once the reality that Black young males get a bad press no matter what they are doing or communicating. Being a Black and young male seems to fall under the category of being a potential threat. I recall a thread in The Lounge a few years back where a white female member kept ranting about her discomfort in the presence of a young Black male while riding public transportation. As a Caucasian individual, she is not alone experiencing automatic discomfort or feeling threatened because of the ethnicity of a young male. Part of her ranting included the young Black male having his MP3 player volume so high that she could overhear the music being played.

However, mind you that how a young Black male is clothed or dressed , especially a manner which tends to indicate a professional such as wearing a business suit versus casual wearing is going to change the perception of a criminality factor. Meaning that the perceived economic class of the young Black male is going to play a role.

From all the discussions about the Zimmerman/Martin case on FRDB, it became obvious to me that one side was attempting to use Trayvon's lack of academic achievements in his high school as part of their argumentation portraying him as a no good human being. From that portraying, a succession of added argumentation leading to speculations that he had committed a robbery in Miami. That he had to be a "drug dealer" and as a result the only purpose for his purchasing Skittles and ice tea was to make "purple drank". I could observe that escalation from the starting point of Trayvon's academic results and his economic class. Even the mention of his older brother being a student enrolled with FIU was greeted with deployed efforts to portray FIU (Miami) as a second class College.(while 2 of us members have actually had kids enrolled with FIU and are fully aware of which level of academic achievement is required) Still following the trend to portray now the family dynamics and environment of Trayvon as a bunch of losers.

Would such "that side" efforts be deployed if Trayvon had been a young Caucasian male? I do not think so. And again, because of that "Pavlov dog" response thingy which automatically associates the status of young Black male to a criminality factor.

That was also predominant in the manner some comments kept mentioning Martin/Trayvon attacking Zimmerman as if it were an established evidence by any eyewitness who would have captured the very moment Zimmerman and Martin came face to face in that alley. The reality being that all along we only had Zimmerman's narrative claiming that Martin initiated an attack on him and NO eyewitness to corroborate his claim. No eyewitness to that precise moment when they came face to face in that alley. What that shows is how "that side" was determined to give credibility to an uncorroborated claim as if it were an established fact via the evidence provided by an eyewitness to that precise moment. And again, not willing to admit to the lack of eyewitness to that precise moment while being (IMO) greatly influenced by the automatic association of criminality and violence. Meaning the BELIEF that Zimmerman's narrative can only be true because of Trayvon's profile as a young Black male. Again the association of criminality and violence to the young Black male.

Let's review what became a major handicap for Jeantal's testimony : the Defense being able to destroy her credibility by going after her status as being representative of the young Black female stereotype, underachiever, with poor communication skills, coming from a cultural and ethnic milieu in Miami where the English language is certainly not of the quality expected from an Oxford graduate. While her revealed humanity (regarding the reason why she made up a story regarding her not attending Trayvon's funeral) was portrayed as proof that she could not be a credible witness on the stand. Turning her lack of clear communication in English into derision. Sarcasms and mockeries. A very effective tactic on the part of the Defense succeeding in invalidating her testimony based on which stereotype she is to be fitted into. Uneducated loser. And exploiting her own revealed humanity against her.

Back
Top Bottom