• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

George Floyd murderer's trial

What Do You Think The Jury Will Do?

• Murder in the 2nd Degree

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Manslaughter

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Murder in the 3rd Degree

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Had they just kept him in the back seat he still would have died.
Maybe, maybe not.

Had Floyd not demanded to be restrained outside the cop car, instead of safely in the vehicle, someone probably would have recognized the signs of OD. He'd have probably gotten NarCan or something.

I dunno.
Tom

ETA ~The comprehension problem appears to be simple. That scenario doesn't fit the "Cops are oppressors, criminals are victims" narrative. ~
Seems like being outside the car was safer as he was able to verbally indicate his distress to the officers. He claimed he couldn't breath well, and the officers ignored him, thinking he was lying or they were indifferent to his distress.

Had the officers acted on the verbal statements Floyd was making, he likely wouldn't have died. Instead, they increased the stress to him.

So either the officers were grossly negligent because they helped induced his death from drug related complications by ignoring his pleas and adding to his medical problems by restricting blood and air flow... or they were much more directly the cause of his death by restricting his blood and airflow while ignoring his pleas.

Had they just kept him in the back seat he still would have died.
Maybe, maybe not.

Had Floyd not demanded to be restrained outside the cop car, instead of safely in the vehicle, someone probably would have recognized the signs of OD. He'd have probably gotten NarCan or something.

I dunno.
Tom

ETA ~The comprehension problem appears to be simple. That scenario doesn't fit the "Cops are oppressors, criminals are victims" narrative. ~
Well luckily George Floyd did not demand to restrained. I’ve posted above a link to a transcript of the encounter on Fox News.

Unless you have a link to a different transcript.

Never happened.
Yeah, it did.

But it doesn't fit your narrative so you'll keep repeating the falsehood as though repetition will make it true.
Tom
Post a link to your version. I have posted a link that co traduces your repeated assertion.

I will be happy to apologize if you have a link to a transcript with George Floyd de main ding to be restrained.

Well luckily George Floyd did not demand to restrained.
Which I haven't claimed.

He got arrested. He was restrained. He demanded to be restrained outside the police car.

I've said that over and over. You continue to misrepresent what I said.

I'm confident I know why you're doing that.
Tom

Never happened.
Yeah, it did.

But it doesn't fit your narrative so you'll keep repeating the falsehood as though repetition will make it true.
Tom
The argument could be interpreted here as the officers weren't at fault for being blazingly unaware that the guy they had in custody was dying/had died. That alone seems like extraordinarily poor policing, policing of such epically poor caliber, makes one scratch one's head as to why people are defending their actions (and inactions).

At 8:25 PM, an officer checks for a pulse (typically people aren't checking for pulses, so this means there is a suspicion something very bad has happened), and can't find one... and EMS arrive a couple minutes later. The police, who can't find a pulse, haven't done anything about it. This is the shit you are defending?

Which I haven't claimed.

He got arrested. He was restrained. He demanded to be restrained outside the police car.

I've said that over and over. You continue to misrepresent what I said.

Tom
He did not demand to be restrained anywhere according to the transcript I've linked.

I have never qualified any demand to be restrained with respect to any location or condition.

Which I haven't claimed.
FFS, you repeated that false claim in your response.
TomC said:
TomC said:
I've said that over and over.
There is no disagreement that you have repeatedly claimed that George Floyd demanded to be restrained.
TomC said:
You continue to misrepresent what I said.
That is another untrue claim.
TomC said:
Tom
No doubt. No doubt your conclusion is as untrue as your claim.

Perhaps you mean by “demanded to be restrained” that Mr Floyd’s behaviour caused the police to restrain him. If so, one would think you can see how the words you used did not convey what you meant.

More importantly, “ restraint” does not require anyone to kneel on the neck of a person lying facedown for over 8 minutes.

I get you kneel at the altar of police infallibility, but facts are facts, and George Floyd did not demand (in the accepted interpretation of that word) to be restrained.

George Floyd died nearly three years ago, but, for some people, he's not dead enough.

They need to make him deader.
Of course because some poor white police officer was unjustly found guilty of the death of a black thuggish druggie.

The argument could be interpreted here as the officers weren't at fault
Who's argument would that be?
It certainly isn't mine.
Tom
You juxtapositioned Chauvin's trial with lynching. Chauvin was the guy on top of the man with no pulse for about two minutes... and did nothing to help the dead man. In order for Chauvin's trial to be lynch-ish, he needed to have done nothing appreciably wrong, such as applying pressure to the neck of a man who said he can not breath. Or ignoring an officer who says they could find a pulse on the man who Chauvin was restraining.

In order for it to be lynch analogous, one would need to think not providing emergency aid to a man without a pulse is okay. That putting pressure on the neck of a subdued suspect who said he could breath is okay. That having several officers around a guy as he dies and doing nothing is quite okay. I mean otherwise, your "lynching" juxtaposition was hyperbolic and nonsensical.

There is no disagreement that you have repeatedly claimed that George Floyd demanded to be restrained.

Where did I claim that?

Show me one post where I claimed that Floyd demanded to be restrained.
Tom
JFC!

TomC: He demanded to be restrained outside the car.
Others: He didn't demand to be restrained at all.
TomC: But I didn't say he demanded to be restrained, he demanded to be restrained outside the car.
Others: Is that really that notable of a distinction.
TomC: Is for me!

Floyd died nearly three years ago, but, for some people, he's not dead enough.
Especially not the racists who want to make Floyd into a dead hero. Build statues and stuff.

Scapegoat other people. People at the bottom of the Woke barrel. White male cops are the ideal scapegoats, given the current socio-political climate.
Tom

Where did I claim that?

Show me one post where I claimed that Floyd demanded to be restrained.
Tom
JFC!

TomC: He demanded to be restrained outside the car.
Others: He didn't demand to be restrained at all.
TomC: But I didn't say he demanded to be restrained, he demanded to be restrained outside the car.
Others: Is that really that notable of a distinction.
TomC: Is for me!
I'd report this post if I thought it was worth the effort.
But I don't, so I won't bother.

Back
Top Bottom