• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

George Floyd murderer's trial

What Do You Think The Jury Will Do?

• Murder in the 2nd Degree

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Manslaughter

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Murder in the 3rd Degree

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
There is no disagreement that you have repeatedly claimed that George Floyd demanded to be restrained.

Where did I claim that?

Show me one post where I claimed that Floyd demanded to be restrained.
Tom
WTF - you edited out that claim out of the post you quoted! The latest is post 986.
To which claim are you referring?

In post 986 I pointed out that being restrained outside the cop car was a choice that Floyd made. Not the that Floyd chose to be restrained.

I didn't edit anything out of any post I made. That would be you and @Toni and such.
Where you edited out "outside", because it doesn't suit your narrative.
Tom

There is no disagreement that you have repeatedly claimed that George Floyd demanded to be restrained.

Where did I claim that?

Tom
Holy crap!!!

As opposed to a quote.

Kinda the problem here, amongst those of us who aren't in your ideological bubble.

You don't bother explaining anything. Y'all don't even bother saying why someone is wrong.

You just mischaracterize and quote mine and post "Holy crap!!!"

I ask a question. IIDB posters make up stuff. The staff responds "Holy crap"
Tom

Where did I claim that?

Tom
WTF - you edited out that claim out of the post you quoted! The latest is post 986.

In post 986 I pointed out that being restrained outside the cop car was a choice that Floyd made. Not the that Floyd chose to be restrained.
Directly from #986 - your exact words are

He demanded to be restrained outside the police car.

Person A: "I am going to rob a bank on Tuesday."

Person B [after going to the police station to speak with police]: "Person A told me he is going to rob a bank."

Person A [after getting called into the police station]: "Person B is quote-mining me!!!"

Where did I claim that?

Tom

Exactly.
Floyd did not demand to be restrained.

How many times do I have to repeat that?
Tom

Where did I claim that?

Tom

Exactly.

Tom
I'm trying to decide whether you're really shit at communicating in English; Or whether you're really as stupid as you're making out; Or whether you think other people are stupid enough to be taken in by your pretences; Or whether you are just deliberately making no sense, in the hope that your opponents will get bored and wander off; Or whether it's a combination of several (perhaps all) of these things.

Where did I claim that?

Tom

I didn't edit anything out of any post I made. That would be you and @Toni and such.
Where you edited out "outside", because it doesn't suit your narrative.
Tom
Odd, you said you wanted to report my post which explicitly made it clear what you were meaning. So you aren't happy when people quote you correctly or incorrectly.

After being arrested for forgery, Floyd didn't demand to be restrained.
He demanded to be restrained outside.
Um, did he? They had him in the cop wagon and he complained he couldn’t breath. That’s why they took him out. Respiratory distress is a common sign of fentanyl overdose.
Then clearly it was a fentanyl overdose, considering how rare respiratory distress is an indication of something.
Well, they had him in the back seat and he was saying he couldn’t breath; well before they put him on the ground. The autopsy found lethal levels of fentanyl in his blood and respiratory distress is a well known sign of fentanyl overdose.

Had they just kept him in the back seat he still would have died.
You're missing the point, so I guess I have to hold your hand and gently walk you to it. Respiratory distress means jack shit. Respiratory distress can mean just about everything. Here's a fun exercise - go up to a doctor and say you are having respiratory distress and ask them to list all the things that could mean.

Bring a chair, food and drink with you, it'll take a while.

Where did I claim that?

Tom

Exactly.

Tom
I'm trying to decide whether you're really shit at communicating in English; Or whether you're really as stupid as you're making out; Or whether you think other people are stupid enough to be taken in by your pretences; Or whether you are just deliberately making no sense, in the hope that your opponents will get bored and wander off; Or whether it's a combination of several (perhaps all) of these things.
I demand that you pick one.

Tom, it is getting really hard to beli

Where did I claim that?

Tom

Exactly.

Tom
Tom, it is getting really hard to believe you are posting in good faith here.

You are agreeing that you posted the words: “He demanded to be restrained outside the police car” and insisting that you never said he demanded to be restrained.

It literally makes no sense. You are contradicting yourself by agreeing that you posted words and then denying that you posted those exact same words.

Moreover, you said you knew this because you had read the transcript of the recordings from police devices of those events. So I googled and found a transcript posted on Fox News, a source that I think nearly everyone would agree is supportive of police. That transcript does NOT say that Floyd demanded anything at all. He wanted to get out of the police car. He said he was claustrophobic and had recently had COVID and was having trouble breathing. He asked to lay down on the sidewalk. The word restrain is not used nor are any similes. Now my source was Fox News and I don’t generally think they are terribly reliable but when I asked you to post your source you’ve just ignored that request. I’m happy to admit I’m wrong and glad if you have a better source.

Where did I claim that?

Tom

Exactly.

Tom
Please explain how interpret "He demanded to be restrained outside the police car" to mean that "Floyd did not demand to be restrained". In particular, explain how "demanded" is linguistically equivalent to "not demand".

You are agreeing that you posted the words: “He demanded to be restrained outside the police car” and insisting that you never said he demanded to be restrained.

Seriously?
You don't see a difference between "demanded to be restrained" and "demanded to be restrained outside the police car"?

Whatever.

Seriously?
You don't see a difference between "demanded to be restrained" and "demanded to be restrained outside the police car"?
There's a difference. You can't have quote no 2 without quote no 1 being a part of it.

Fuck me then make me a coffee
Fuck me

In both instances I wanna get fucked. In both instance you are saying Floyd demanded to be restrained. Leave the hill, Tom. You don't want to die on this one.

Seriously?

Whatever.
The words 'outside the police car' tell you WHERE he demanded to be restrained but they do not alter the meaning of the words 'demanded to be restrained.'

AND your assertion, whatever interpretation you wish to give it is contradicted by the transcript that I linked.

If you have a link to another transcript, please share it.

Seriously?
There's a difference. You can't have quote no 2 without quote no 1 being a part of it.

Fuck me then make me a coffee
Fuck me

In both instances I wanna get fucked. In both instance you are saying Floyd demanded to be restrained. Leave the hill, Tom. You don't want to die on this one.
It is pretty clear that at least one of his organs died on this hill.

Seriously?

Whatever.
Both mean that Mr. Floyd demanded to be restrained - which simply did not happen. Perhaps a poem will hope you will understand.

Mr. Floyd did not demand to be restrained in a box
Mr. Floyd did not demand to be restrained with a fox
Mr Floyd did not demand to be restrained in a house
Mr. Floyd did not demand to be restrained with a mouse
Mr. Floyd did not demand to be restrained in a train.
Mr. Floyd did not demand to be restrained in the rain.
Mr Floyd did not demand to be restrained here or there
Mr. Floyd did not demand to be restrained anywhere.

I think the interesting issue here is the word "demanded" just blows here. Because the police didn't give a darn about Floyd's demands. Floyd demanded to be restrained outside the car. It would be accurate to state that he did not want to go into the car and stated as much (if you want to say that was a demand). But the police didn't care... so they put him in the car.

The leading language that Floyd demanded anything is ridiculous as it indicates that Floyd had control over the situation. He didn't. He also died. Probably didn't demand that either. He died while the officers were all over him. After it was indicated he had no pulse and was well onto the path of death, the officers did nothing for two minutes... when the EMT shows up. Chauvin has he knee on the neck of a dead man with no pulse. All of this, not of Floyd's demand.

Seriously?

Whatever.
The difference isn't the problem. The exact same words are the problem.

Where did I claim that?

Tom

Exactly.

Tom
I demand that you pick one.

Do you happen to be outside? Because if you're outside, you're not actually demanding it.

Back
Top Bottom