• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

George Floyd murderer's trial

What Do You Think The Jury Will Do?

• Murder in the 2nd Degree

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Manslaughter

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Murder in the 3rd Degree

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Floyd... why not talk about Rodney King? How far back do we need to go with every contemporary needless police related attack or death our community or nation experiences. Why do we always need to derail from the current situation? Is it simply too soon to discuss why *insert name* probably shouldn't be dead yet?

On the plus side, at least he didn't bring up Saint George Zimmerman.

baby steps...

Where does one get that Mr. Floyd 'demanded' to be restrained?
Who said that?
It certainly wasn't me.
Tom
Then I suggest you sue that TomC guy for slander.
Floyd was safely in a police car, then got belligerent and demanded to be restrained outside on the ground before Chauvin got there.

Fixed it for you.
Tom
Maybe, but you didn't fix it for you.

Regardless of what parts you bold, you still clearly said the thing you denied saying.

Who said that?
It certainly wasn't me.
Tom
Floyd was safely in a police car, then got belligerent and demanded to be restrained outside on the ground before Chauvin got there.

Fixed it for you.
Tom
Source?

Court records, easily accessible if it matters.
Chauvin acted out of malice and a desire to cause harm.

I saw the video. That's my evidence. He looked extremely pleased with himself.

Looks to me like don't need or want evidence that might upset your ideological notions. I'm not expecting anything.

Like I said. I'm tired of beating this dead horse. Y'all got what you wanted. A lynching.

Because cops are oppressors and criminals are victims. Y'all know that. No reason to keep discussing it.
Tom

Who said that?
It certainly wasn't me.
Tom

Fixed it for you.
Tom
Source?

Court records, easily accessible if it matters.
Chauvin acted out of malice and a desire to cause harm.

I saw the video. That's my evidence. He looked extremely pleased with himself.

Looks to me like don't need or want evidence that might upset your ideological notions. I'm not expecting anything.

Like I said. I'm tired of beating this dead horse. Y'all got what you wanted. A lynching.

Because cops are oppressors and criminals are victims. Y'all know that. No reason to keep discussing it.
Tom
So, I gather from your defensive and imaginative tone that you don’t have a source about Floyd demanding to be restrained. Ok.

So , I gather from your defensive and imaginative tone that you don’t have a source about Floyd demanding to be restrained. Ok.

After being arrested for forgery, Floyd didn't demand to be restrained.
He demanded to be restrained outside.

Which is what I said. If you could read a complete sentence you'd see it too.

Floyd probably wouldn't have died that day if he'd stayed in the police car he was put in to start with, but he didn't.
Tom

I didn't realise asking for the bear minimum of police accountability is equivalent to grabbing my pitchfork and tiki torch and marching to the court house. Thank you for clearing that up. Very much appreciated.

Um, did he? They had him in the cop wagon and he complained he couldn’t breath. That’s why they took him out. Respiratory distress is a common sign of fentanyl overdose.

Um, did he? They had him in the cop wagon and he complained he couldn’t breath. That’s why they took him out. Respiratory distress is a common sign of fentanyl overdose.
Then clearly it was a fentanyl overdose, considering how rare respiratory distress is an indication of something.

So , I gather from your defensive and imaginative tone that you don’t have a source about Floyd demanding to be restrained. Ok.

Floyd probably wouldn't have died that day if he'd stayed in the police car he was put in to start with, but he didn't.
Tom
The restrained part is the important part. Not where.

George Floyd would probably still be alive if Derek Chauvin called in sick that day.

Not tired enough, because you keep doing it.

You do realize that "demand" requires an explicit request. Mr. Floyd did not request to be restrained. So your claim about his demand to be restrained is simply untrue.

Mr. Chauvin was not lynched. He got a trial. And he is alive unlike most real lynch victims.
Claiming Mr. Chauvin was lynched is pretty tone deaf, since if anyone in this tragedy was lynched, it was the black man - Mr. Floyd - not the white police officer.

Tom
Here is an article from a Fox News station. George Floyd said he wanted to lay down on the sidewalk because he was having trouble breathing. This happened before Derek Chauvin arrived on scene:

If this is the transcript you were referring to having seen, you are mistaken about George Floyd asking to be restrained. He asked to lie on the ground because he was having trouble breathing.

Then clearly it was a fentanyl overdose, considering how rare respiratory distress is an indication of something.
Well, they had him in the back seat and he was saying he couldn’t breath; well before they put him on the ground. The autopsy found lethal levels of fentanyl in his blood and respiratory distress is a well known sign of fentanyl overdose.

Had they just kept him in the back seat he still would have died.

Maybe, maybe not.

Had Floyd not demanded to be restrained outside the cop car, instead of safely in the vehicle, someone probably would have recognized the signs of OD. He'd have probably gotten NarCan or something.

I dunno.
Tom

ETA ~The comprehension problem appears to be simple. That scenario doesn't fit the "Cops are oppressors, criminals are victims" narrative. ~

Well, they had him in the back seat and he was saying he couldn’t breath; well before they put him on the ground. The autopsy found lethal levels of fentanyl in his blood and respiratory distress is a well known sign of fentanyl overdose.

Yeah and their failure to get him timely medical attention would still have landed someone in jail.

Yeah I know it sucks to be responsible for someone's well being when they are in your care but that's the only obligation the supreme court left you. Blame them.

Back
Top Bottom