• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Get Rid Of The Ballots!"

But here’s the rub. They don’t have legal authority to over rule the votes the people cast for their electors. All states have laws on the books requiring that the electors be elected by the people - not the legislators. They can’t change that - at least for now. Thus Trump’s ploy won’t work..

That’s why their approach is to say the ballots will be fraudulent. If the tally is fraudulent then it doesn’t represent the will of the people.

But they can’t just do that. They have no legal authority to make such a decision and then throw the votes out. They can challenge the results in court, but they would have to prove that they were fraudulent, and most likely such a challenge couldn’t really be made. The votes would go forward. Not even the Supreme Court would support such an action. Indeed Bush v. Gore would help.

But they can’t just do that. They have no legal authority to make such a decision and then throw the votes out.

They don't HAVE to do that. They only have to assemble enough ICE thugs who will follow orders, send them to confiscate ballots from key districts on election night, then destroy them.
Sure, someone might then be able to "take them to court" but waddya gonna do? The damage is done.

But they can’t just do that. They have no legal authority to make such a decision and then throw the votes out.

They don't HAVE to do that. They only have to assemble enough ICE thugs who will follow orders, send them to confiscate ballots from key districts on election night, then destroy them.
Sure, someone might then be able to "take them to court" but waddya gonna do? The damage is done.

I really don't think they would do this. But I do think they will try to invalidate M-I ballots in the courts.

I really don't think they would do this. But I do think they will try to invalidate M-I ballots in the courts.

Bet? They'd lose in the courts. They win if they destroy the ballots.

Bet? They'd lose in the courts. They win if they destroy the ballots.

How about an avatar bet? Loser has to wear the winner's choice of avatar for x period of time.

Yes. That was my point. To overturn the election results they will need to resort to violence and take the ballots out and destroy them or something like that. Whether they will actually do something like that or not is debatable. It would be a gross violation of the law and human rights and clearly criminal. They would know that. I don’t think in Portland they knew what they were doing. They had not been trained on law enforcement procedures. But I wouldn’t put it past trump to screen a few carefully selected supporters and make them DHS officials and possibly try something as outrageous as this. We will see.

But here’s the rub. They don’t have legal authority to over rule the votes the people cast for their electors. All states have laws on the books requiring that the electors be elected by the people - not the legislators. They can’t change that - at least for now. Thus Trump’s ploy won’t work..

That’s why their approach is to say the ballots will be fraudulent. If the tally is fraudulent then it doesn’t represent the will of the people.

But they can’t just do that. They have no legal authority to make such a decision and then throw the votes out. They can challenge the results in court, but they would have to prove that they were fraudulent, and most likely such a challenge couldn’t really be made. The votes would go forward. Not even the Supreme Court would support such an action. Indeed Bush v. Gore would help.

I agree it is a losing legal argument but I’ve also seen judges do mental gymnastics to justify decisions so who knows if it will work. But I’m pretty sure that’s what he’s going to try. Which is why it’s critical to ask the new justice to recuse herself from the election cases.

How about an avatar bet? Loser has to wear the winner's choice of avatar for x period of time.

That will be cold comfort if I win, but YOU'RE ON!
:D :D :D

Cool! Thirty days?

Deal, with one caveat:

"assemble enough ICE thugs who will follow orders, send them to confiscate ballots from key districts on election night"

I think I should "win" immediately upon confiscation of ballots if it occurs and even if the seizure is conducted by other than ICE personnel. It will be hard to ever prove they destroyed them if they do, and even if they only bury them in Grant's tomb until after a winner is declared or something, the effect is the same.

Cool! Thirty days?

Deal, with one caveat:

"assemble enough ICE thugs who will follow orders, send them to confiscate ballots from key districts on election night"

I think I should "win" immediately upon confiscation of ballots if it occurs and even if the seizure is conducted by other than ICE personnel. It will be hard to ever prove they destroyed them if they do, and even if they only bury them in Grant's tomb until after a winner is declared or something, the effect is the same.

Sounds fine to me.

Cool! Thirty days?

Deal, with one caveat:

I think you're being more specific than you need to be here--it shouldn't matter where the thugs come from, the key point is ballot confiscation.

Back
Top Bottom