• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

God's Not Dead

Just exhaled. Not the pubic though. We called it that because my ex-bitch left a pubic hair on the table. It was some cross strain of decent B.C bud. It was given to all mankind to use By God hehe. Seriously though, ima panic and get all strange because I smoked something kind of loud. Later, and have a nice image for your smoke. You will enjoy if you observe closely.

Dionysus_or_Bacchus_by_gromyko_zpsafda2a3a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I meant "pee on the thread", not "pot to bee on the thread", although it is now. I'm too high to be contemplating what you are saying but I appreciate and take your opinion seriously. Please allow me to finish reading and contemplating tomorrow. God makes me smoke his stuff to stay level but I'm cool with that. I just can't communicate at the moment. Be good or good at it. Something like that.

As is often the case, some clever bastard on the internet delivers. Here's a summation of all the negative stereotypes of atheists in the movie:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-q-Llzww-8[/YOUTUBE]

It's particularly amusing that the claim God doesn't exist comes from a guy who used to be Hercules.

On and on. Keep searching for God guys.

Yeah.
It was the search for gods, any gods, that made me an atheist. The search just kept coming up empty, except for the platitudes and the IOUs for knowledge and the rather self-absorbed, self-centered, self-serving assholes who insist on interpreting my behavior for something it's not.
That is why I'm so proud of you. God is proud of you too. A+
Exactly.

It never ceases to amaze me that some people think they can demonstrate that a work of fiction is actually factual, by the application of more and more fiction.
That and the whole logic arguments. The idea that sentences can be lined up carefully to prove the existence of god.

Meanwhile, in the real version of the story, no fundies are outraged. Astonishing in its predictability.

http://americanhumanist.org/news/de...-student-sits-out-the-pledge-of-allegiance-th

When he has attempted to remain seated at his desk in a quiet and undisruptive manner during the Pledge recitation, his teacher has instructed him to stand, has told him that school policy requires him to stand and has also threatened him with punishment. In addition, the teacher has argued with the student about his atheism, has questioned the student’s patriotism and has insisted that his actions are offensive to members of the U.S. armed services.

Maybe God isn't dead because people won't stfu about God and let the flame burn down for say... 4,000 years.
Yeah, i remember that...argument.

By your ...logic, if people would stop talking about climate change, we'd stop having to deal with climate change denial.
If we stopped talking about the people illegally detained in Gitmo, we wouldn't have people illegally detained in Gitmo.
The secret to stopping wars for oil is to stop claiming that warring for oil is bad and just let it die down.

Good logic, there. Attacking an idea is just another way of promoting it. Brilliant. All those creationists working hard to make evolution stronger. All those people opposed to continental drift made it a reality. Everyone who was critical of cold fusion made it real. Every critic of gun control makes it harder and harder to find stories of mass shootings. Every legislative push to limit abortion just ensures women's rights continue to safely perpetuate....

Civil rights, women's vote, slavery, all show that change only comes from sitting quietly until the status quo breaks down and fades away.

Fuck that.

I love that Christians consider near death experiences count as proof of god.

Not just because the argument violates what many Christian denominations teach about how death works, but because if you accept near death experiences as proof of an afterlife, then you must also accept hallucinogenic drugs as evidence that toasters can talk.

I love that Christians consider near death experiences count as proof of god.

Not just because the argument violates what many Christian denominations teach about how death works, but because if you accept near death experiences as proof of an afterlife, then you must also accept hallucinogenic drugs as evidence that toasters can talk.
Not to mention all the descriptions of afterlifes that don't look Christian.

Good one. In my logic... back then I was referring to GOD... not women's rights and the likes. I was saying that dropping thoughts into the magic cup will make it overflow and then you'll see how terrible man can make a God. What you see occurring now is nothing. You're bringing attention to God psychically right now. So am I, but I intend to. I intend to because God is inside me. God saved me, Keit. All I can say is thank you for your book smarts and the cool stuff you do to serve God with them. You arrived inside the invisible Church of Atheism to serve God, because it is in God's kingdom. Whatever you do will be God's will. Man's will is stupid and makes God look like a douche.

I went though more than most could imagine to arrive at the Church steps man. It gives me happiness and there are benefits in the physical world that are carnal beyond what I can describe without being banned forever. Do you have any idea how Church girls behave when they giggle down the stairs and chirp out in daddy's Camaro? Dude...

Praising and denouncing Jesus Christ are the same damn thing. You do realize how he died, right? He is into that kind of stuff.
Thinking deeply and without ego and then formulating a decent debate about it can be impossible. Though interesting, I haven't seen any positive results. Maybe change the word GOD to "cup" to beguile the forces at play. Play is a perfect word for so many, if not all things. Keep thinking! God loves and appreciates you, Keith. You're a brilliant soldier.

I was saying that dropping thoughts into the magic cup will make it overflow and then you'll see how terrible man can make a God. What you see occurring now is nothing. You're bringing attention to God psychically right now.
Uh huh... Sure we are.
So am I, but I intend to. I intend to because God is inside me. God saved me, Keit. All I can say is thank you for your book smarts and the cool stuff you do to serve God with them.
Uh huh. Yes. Calling the gods whimsical serial killers or mass murderers serves them
This is the logic of the rationalizing theist. All roads lead to Rome and all that.
Because the fact of the matter is not what you would like, you dispense with facts.
You arrived inside the invisible Church of Atheism to serve God, because it is in God's kingdom. Whatever you do will be God's will. Man's will is stupid and makes God look like a douche.
Can't argue the last bit too much.
Frankly, though, the douchery is in man's efforts to justify what they say their gods' actions are with what they say their gods' traits are.
That it's okay to fuck around because fill in the blank.
That it's GOOD to tolerate or even cause suffering BFITB.
That an eternal punishment for finite crime is what perfect beings do, BFITB.

Seeing the concept of Hell but convincing themselves that it's not only tolerable but the bestof all possible worlds, that's where we see true douchery in action.
I went though more than most could imagine to arrive at the Church steps man. It gives me happiness and there are benefits in the physical world that are carnal beyond what I can describe without being banned forever. Do you have any idea how Church girls behave when they giggle down the stairs and chirp out in daddy's Camaro? Dude...
Sure. I was raised Mormon.
Thing is, there doesn't have to actually be a god in order to get good godly girls to drop their panties for god's good glory.
There's no reason to think it's not all in your head.
Or in your rationalization.

Nothing you just said didn't serve God. My ego is not as strong and you may not understand my actual point. You're doing well and I think you're strong enough to try something that some may find odd. You should close your eyes. Humor me and drop the bias momentarily... this is an "experiment". Remember the instructions here. Once your eyes are closed, wait until the residual light of your monitor is gone. The rectangle burn will fade after a few minutes. Once it is gone, take the deepest breath possible and murmur (if only in your head) the words "I am ready". Be sure to cover your eyes for complete darkness. Watch for ten minutes and imagine you are traveling through what is currently known as "space". The red and blue should start to form objects. After ten minutes or so, say the words "I admit that I'm not worthy", and without saying it in your mind, picture what forgiveness would look like if it had a physical form. This is going to be hard to remember, but you're a sharp cat and I think you can remember the steps. Forget object and subjectivity and tune out the sounds around you until you hear a white (hopefully pink) noise. Once you see what you have witnessed, open your eyes and ponder with the least amount of that beautiful ego of yours what it "said" to you visually. This is much easier to do face to face, but you're worthy of trying it in text format. You are worthy, Keith. You know that, right? You have great value. You are a good person with much to give.
Don't skip any steps and remember to say "thank you" before opening your eyes. Remember to clear your mind and do not laugh or speak to anyone while doing this fun exercise. I suggest isolating as well as possible but hey, we're all busy with the hum and sometimes we have to adapt.

Experimentation is fun. Try this and if I sense that you have, it will get you a rep point. Not necessarily with me, but I'll throw you one just for fun.

GO...

Good one. In my logic... back then I was referring to GOD... not women's rights and the likes. I was saying that dropping thoughts into the magic cup will make it overflow and then you'll see how terrible man can make a God. What you see occurring now is nothing. You're bringing attention to God psychically right now. So am I, but I intend to. I intend to because God is inside me. God saved me, Keit. All I can say is thank you for your book smarts and the cool stuff you do to serve God with them. You arrived inside the invisible Church of Atheism to serve God, because it is in God's kingdom. Whatever you do will be God's will. Man's will is stupid and makes God look like a douche.

Praising and denouncing Jesus Christ are the same damn thing. You do realize how he died, right? He is into that kind of stuff.
Thinking deeply and without ego and then formulating a decent debate about it can be impossible. Though interesting, I haven't seen any positive results. Maybe change the word GOD to "cup" to beguile the forces at play. Play is a perfect word for so many, if not all things. Keep thinking! God loves and appreciates you, Keith. You're a brilliant soldier.

Sounds like the man thinks only his religion is real.

You do know that many other people claim the same sort of salvation and good feelings and inner strength and peace and their gods are nothing like yours, right? And their gods existed before yours.

Jesus died? Well, so much for the resurrection myth if he's dead, right?

Nothing you just said didn't serve God.
Nothing i ever do serves any of the nonexistent gods.

Do you have anything to say about the movie under discussion in this thread or are you just going to preach your usual line of rationalization?

Humor me and drop the bias momentarily...
Dude. I'm an atheist. I'm really an atheist because i really don't see any reason to believe any of the gods are real.
If you're going to call that 'bias' then you're really not trying to understand the person you're talking to.

this is an "experiment".
Seems more like self-hypnosis.
Why would i 'admit' something i don't consider to be true?

Nothing you just said didn't serve God. My ego is not as strong and you may not understand my actual point. You're doing well and I think you're strong enough to try something that some may find odd. You should close your eyes. Humor me and drop the bias momentarily... this is an "experiment". Remember the instructions here. Once your eyes are closed, wait until the residual light of your monitor is gone. The rectangle burn will fade after a few minutes. Once it is gone, take the deepest breath possible and murmur (if only in your head) the words "I am ready". Be sure to cover your eyes for complete darkness. Watch for ten minutes and imagine you are traveling through what is currently known as "space". The red and blue should start to form objects. After ten minutes or so, say the words "I admit that I'm not worthy", and without saying it in your mind, picture what forgiveness would look like if it had a physical form. This is going to be hard to remember, but you're a sharp cat and I think you can remember the steps. Forget object and subjectivity and tune out the sounds around you until you hear a white (hopefully pink) noise. Once you see what you have witnessed, open your eyes and ponder with the least amount of that beautiful ego of yours what it "said" to you visually. This is much easier to do face to face, but you're worthy of trying it in text format. You are worthy, Keith. You know that, right? You have great value. You are a good person with much to give.
Don't skip any steps and remember to say "thank you" before opening your eyes. Remember to clear your mind and do not laugh or speak to anyone while doing this fun exercise. I suggest isolating as well as possible but hey, we're all busy with the hum and sometimes we have to adapt.

Experimentation is fun. Try this and if I sense that you have, it will get you a rep point. Not necessarily with me, but I'll throw you one just for fun.

GO...

You totally suck at this. Seriously. What kind of little cartoon is playing in your head that you think someone like Keith would be affected by your weird scrying experiment? Who are you to tell anyone to say "thank you" or anything else? Your kewl wizard powers might work better if you make the effort to know who you're talking to. Your beliefs about who we are might feel good to your self image, but they're bad for understanding anything true. They reflect what you believe about yourself, in fact, so practice your own experiment, this time with the willingness to question yourself first. You might also consider stepping away from the bong for a day or two.

GO...

I'm not inclined to believe you don't have a huge ego.

No, God is not dead. He's just very, very sick. Profit Pat Robertson has taken over his duties until he recovers.

Eldarion Lathria

Back
Top Bottom