• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Happy Holidays - 30 dead or wounded at parade

The Akron victim should have killed half a dozen people to be taken in alive.
Well the so-called "victim" did shoot at police. And so police shot back.

Regular parade goes don't usually shoot back, esp. when it's somebody they can't even see because he is shooting from an impromptu sniper nest.

So it's an apples and nuclear submarines kind of comparison.
Yes, guy who killed no one and allegedly fired at least two bullets killed by onslaught of bullets.

Guy who fired around as many bullets (as Akron guy was hit by) and killed/wounded 30, possibly more, captured alive.

Both people are allegedly guilty of serious crimes. The defense of, well the Akron person shot at the police... really is the dumbest fucking statement when considering the other guy murdered half a dozen and wounded 4 or more times that.

Police: We take this guy down, he murdered lots of people, but remember, he didn't shot at us. So let's not go over the top. It isn't like he committed a traffic violation.
It's not a matter of how many they shot.
That's odd, because you'd think killing people would mean they were more dangerous. Extremely more dangerous.
It's a matter of what they did when the police came for them.
This is an interesting look at it, and potentially a small part of the solution as the police officers on site were inhibited from better judgment due to adrenaline and the officers were NOT in control of their actions. The officers put themselves in ridiculous prone positions relative to suspect in Akron. At least some of the officers had absolutely no cover... for absolutely no tactical gain whatsoever. They could have hung around their cars and waited. Instead, adrenaline is getting the better of their minds. They put themselves at needless levels of serious risk to themselves, and with their entire body being exposed to bullets, will over-react in self-defense to just about any motion the suspect can make.

Regular parade goes don't usually shoot back, esp. when it's somebody they can't even see because he is shooting from an impromptu sniper nest.

Yes, guy who killed no one and allegedly fired at least two bullets killed by onslaught of bullets.

Guy who fired around as many bullets (as Akron guy was hit by) and killed/wounded 30, possibly more, captured alive.

Both people are allegedly guilty of serious crimes. The defense of, well the Akron person shot at the police... really is the dumbest fucking statement when considering the other guy murdered half a dozen and wounded 4 or more times that.

Police: We take this guy down, he murdered lots of people, but remember, he didn't shot at us. So let's not go over the top. It isn't like he committed a traffic violation.
It's not a matter of how many they shot.
That's odd, because you'd think killing people would mean they were more dangerous. Extremely more dangerous.
It's a matter of what they did when the police came for them.
This is an interesting look at it, and potentially a small part of the solution as the police officers on site were inhibited from better judgment due to adrenaline and the officers were NOT in control of their actions. The officers put themselves in ridiculous prone positions relative to suspect in Akron. At least some of the officers had absolutely no cover... for absolutely no tactical gain whatsoever. They could have hung around their cars and waited. Instead, adrenaline is getting the better of their minds. They put themselves at needless levels of serious risk to themselves, and with their entire body being exposed to bullets, will over-react in self-defense to just about any motion the suspect can make.
Not to mention with all of their bullet flying, some innocent bystander or animal could have hit. The notion that 60 + bullets was not overkill or indication of a real issue is truly bizarre.

Two issues arose about Crimo. In 2019 he threatened to kill himself. Authorities were called and he was given mental health treatment. That same year, he threatened to kill "everybody". Police were again called. They removed 16 knives including a sword.

Two issues arose about Crimo. In 2019 he threatened to kill himself. Authorities were called and he was given mental health treatment. That same year, he threatened to kill "everybody". Police were again called. They removed 16 knives including a sword.
And yet, he had unrestricted access to guns.

Well, just imagine how dangerous he would have been with a katana rather than a gun.
LOL. For the record I get that it's a joke, and you are being sarcastic. That said...

4. If he had attacked with a katana, the number would be 4, maybe 5 if he were lucky.

If he knew exactly how to swing it, he would have 2 or 3 dead, 1 or 2 wounded, otherwise he would have killed at most maybe 1 and wounded 3, at least one of the remainder not badly.

After that, someone almost certainly could get him flanked and held.

Swinging a sword is a LOT of work, far more work than most MAGATs are willing to put in, and swinging it properly requires actually reading how to do that, not just reading manifestos and trumpisms but actually looking up Medieval manuscripts and trying to figure out what the hell it is they are trying to animate and describe, and then a lot of practice.

Even then, you're liable to not learn how to properly leverage a swing.

One thing about these fucking asshats is they seem almost allergic to learning shit.

That was rather my point.

There is no purpose in allowing weapons of mass death in the hands of your average citizen, let alone someone you don't trust enough to hold a jack-knife.

Seriously, there are few mass shootings where the perpetrators' political views are of primary importance. Often enough no political view is even discernible. One thing we can be certain of is that the lot of them are fucking nuts. Another is that they almost exclusively male, and a third is that most of them have not reached the end of the first third of the normally expected lifespan. It may well be the case that mass shooters tend to have political views that are more or less right of centre, but dwelling on that is useless. A more constructive approach would be to realise that they are unhinged, most likely because of their upbringing. Jillian Peterson, an associate professor of criminology at Hamline University, and James Densley, a professor of criminal justice at Metro State University, studied every mass shooter in the US since 1966 who shot and killed four or more people in a public place, and every shooting incident at schools, workplaces and places of worship since 1999. In an interview with Politico, Peterson said there is a really consistent pathway to becoming a mass shooter:
Early childhood trauma seems to be the foundation, whether violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, extreme bullying. Then you see the build toward hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. That turns into a really identifiable crisis point where they’re acting differently. Sometimes they have previous suicide attempts.

What’s different from traditional suicide is that the self-hate turns against a group. They start asking themselves, “Whose fault is this?” Is it a racial group or women or a religious group, or is it my classmates? The hate turns outward. There’s also this quest for fame and notoriety.

I am amused by how quickly you brought up an alleged and ludicrous connection between the killer and antifa. You, and thousands of right wing lunatics on twitter, gab and various other social media. That's why I decided to play along.
I do hope the connection between too easy access to guns for these people did not escape the view of the professors.

Crimo charged with seven counts of first degree murder. I'm sure more will come.

It's not a matter of how many they shot. It's a matter of what they did when the police came for them.

Shooting at officers who are trained and prepared to shoot back (for the reason of wanting to escape) is different from shooting at unsuspecting civilians watching a parade. He may have been an idiot for cutting ass from and (allegedly) shooting at the police as well as suspicious (IMO) for wearing a ski mask, but he didn't have a confirmed body count warranting the shoot that MF 60 times response. American Police = try to kill us or make us think you're trying to kill us and we may not be taking you in alive. Kill a bunch of civilians? Meh.

I'm not advocating for police to commit a crime (get your minds out of the gutter). What I'm trying to put on display here is they seem to care more about self-preservation than serving and protecting. Kna mean? When has the police made a mistake or gone overboard resulting in the death of an individual suspected of committing a mass shooting*? You'd think emotions would be boiling over with the thought of their loved ones (other officers at least) being a random victim & justified fear for their lives being that they are dealing with someone suspected of shooting people indiscriminately. I haven't heard of an unarmed mass shooter getting shot 60ish times or anything remotely close because they moved a certain way that made all responding officers just go blast happy.

*I know the definition of mass shooting is based solely on numbers but in this question, I'm talking about suspects deliberately trying to kill as many innocent people as possible.

I do hope the connection between too easy access to guns for these people did not escape the view of the professors.
It did not.
James Densley said:
Too often in politics it becomes an either-or proposition. Gun control or mental health. Our research says that none of these solutions is perfect on its own. We have to do multiple things at one time and put them together as a comprehensive package.

Writing, “There was just a mass shooting in Denmark, a country with some of the strictest gun laws in Europe. It’s time to admit that gun laws DO NOT stop mass shootings!”, Boebert was once again testifying to how utterly her existence is a waste of space in the world at large. It’s hard to imagine a less intelligent statement being blurted out by a public official. Boebert was roundly lambasted for her newest attempt at fundraising off of human misery.

Less than 24 hours later, six people were killed and 38 injured after a man opened fire during a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois.
Priceless responses.

That was rather my point.

There is no purpose in allowing weapons of mass death in the hands of your average citizen, let alone someone you don't trust enough to hold a jack-knife.
To be fair, I just started working on longsword a few weeks ago, and it's a lot of fun, so the game theory is all fresh. I suppose if he was a seasoned soldier from Medieval Europe, he might have gotten maybe 10 or 11 with 6 or 7 dead?

But yeah, I wouldn't trust him with a butter knife. Not even a plastic one.

he's a purebred psychotic MAGA douchebag, trump loving, alt-right dipshit.
Come on tell us what you really think of him.
well, if i had done that, i would have just done that, so... theoretically, i did.

however, i think nothing of him, because mass shooters are a dime a dozen and the reasons why are irrelevant to the fact that this was just one of many of monday's shootings, so what difference does it even make?

the only extent to which i care about this person's characteristics are that:
A. people like you tried to jump to him being a leftist in a desperate and pathetic attempt to have some violence, any violence, not be due to your degenerate and disgusting moral and political ideology.

B. random acts of violence = right wing violence, always. full stop.
so, sadly, this was another example of pointless and stupid terror enacted against people for absolutely no gain or purpose, because MAGA chuds simply can't cope with how small their dicks are and have to shoot up crowds of people.

I don't know why, but this is the only clip I can find of this that has sound. It's an LA soccer player who played a game on Monday and this was his after game interview.

he's a purebred psychotic MAGA douchebag, trump loving, alt-right dipshit.
We can agree that he is a psychotic dipshit, but MAGA? Him showing up at a Trump rally cosplaying Waldo is hardly proof. He could just be trolling them.
Now, he could still turn out to be MAGA or he could be ANTIFA or anything in between. I have been looking for any online presence from before the shooting, but it has already been scrubbed from the Internet. The few photos that can be found are low-res cashes, with rull-res images removed. I wonder why ...

Nobody barracks for Biden.
Do you mean standard ("provide (soldiers) with accommodations in a building or set of buildings."), British ("jeer, scoff") or Aussie ("root, cheer") meaning of that verb? From the context, it would have to be Aussie, right?

Biden is the only one who could not possibly be 47, as he is 46 already. If reelected, he'll continue to be 46, and in the extremely unlikely case he loses and pulls a Cleveland, he'd be 48, not 47.
Perhaps he is a Bernie Bro and thinks third time is the charm (like it proved for Biden himself). Plenty of people "barrack" for Bernie.

And since the "AK" is missing from your interpretation, it has to be approval for Trump. :tongue:
After you posted all this, I tried to look for some articles with photos of Awake/Robert to see if there is any evidence whether he had the tattoo before the 2020 elections, because it would falsify your hypothesis. Unfortunately, his online presence has been thoroughly scrubbed.

Seriously, there are few mass shootings where the perpetrators' political views are of primary importance. Often enough no political view is even discernible.
True, but the Left is quick to claim him for Trump, even though he looks like would fit much better with Portland Antifa or similar groups.

One thing we can be certain of is that the lot of them are fucking nuts. Another is that they almost exclusively male, and a third is that most of them have not reached the end of the first third of the normally expected lifespan.
Well, testosterone plays a role in all this definitely. As do underdeveloped prefrontal cortexes of teenagers and early-20-somethings.
It may well be the case that mass shooters tend to have political views that are more or less right of centre, but dwelling on that is useless.
Perhaps so.

I am amused by how quickly you brought up an alleged and ludicrous connection between the killer and antifa. You, and thousands of right wing lunatics on twitter, gab and various other social media. That's why I decided to play along.
I did not say he was Antifa for sure, it is my suspicion.

Back
Top Bottom