• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harvey Weinstein scandal

That's awkward. The city of Vancouver just had him start being the voice that announces all the stops on their trains. I guess it does explain the "all the sixes and below can get the fuck off my train here" parts, though.

That's awkward. The city of Vancouver just had him start being the voice that announces all the stops on their trains. I guess it does explain the "all the sixes and below can get the fuck off my train here" parts, though.
You must be thinking of Samuel L Jackson. :D

Weinstein perp-walked in cuffs this morning. Charged with rape and other criminal charges. Presently in police custody.

Uh oh. Looks like one of the prominent players of the #MeToo movement has been throwing stones in her glass house:

http://time.com/5371456/asia-argento-settled-sexual-assault-lawsuit/

(NEW YORK) — Italian actress Asia Argento — one of the most prominent activists of the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment — recently settled a complaint filed against her by a young actor and musician who said she sexually assaulted him when he was 17, the New York Times reported.

Argento, 42, settled the notice of intent to sue filed by Jimmy Bennett, who is now 22, for $380,000 shortly after she said last October that movie mogul Harvey Weinstein raped her, the Times reported.

Argento and Bennett co-starred in a 2004 film called “The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things” in which Argento played Bennett’s prostitute mother.

Bennett says in the notice that he had sex with Argento in a California hotel in 2013. The age of consent in California is 18.
The newspaper said it received court documents that included a selfie of Argento and Bennett in bed. Three people familiar with the case said the documents were authentic, the Times reported.

Also noteworthy is that she was Anthony Bourdain's girlfriend at the time of this suicide. Makes one wonder if there's some connection here.

"a young actor and musician who said Argento sexually assaulted him when he was 17"

It's a weird relationship but Bennett was 17 at the time.

As to her responsibility, it doesn't matter his motive now, he was underage. It would have been statutory rape. But that does raise a question about why he didn't pursue a criminal charge, and went for money instead. Apparently he has photo evidence, it wouldn't be just his word.

As to her responsibility, it doesn't matter his motive now, he was underage. It would have been statutory rape. But that does raise a question about why he didn't pursue a criminal charge, and went for money instead. Apparently he has photo evidence, it wouldn't be just his word.

If Bennett was a A list actor, he'd be bragging about banging her when he was just 17. The guy is at it.

Seems like she was a bit of a manipulative creeper on him, using weird motherly attachment and so on having known him for a long time before then. Closer to a Woody Allen - Soon Yi situation.

There can be some portion of times a 17 year old male could have sex with a 38 year old woman and not have it be exploitative, this was probably not one of those because of the history and imprinting and behavior of Argento.

Well this is a shocker.

Nike has said it is "deeply concerned" by rape allegations against footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. The US sportswear giant - which has a contract worth a reported $1bn (£768m) with Ronaldo - said it would "continue to closely monitor the situation", the Associated Press reports. EA Sports, which also has a contract with Ronaldo, made similar comments. Ronaldo, 33, earlier "firmly" denied assaulting Kathryn Mayorga at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009. Ms Mayorga, the 34-year-old former US teacher, was inspired to speak out by the #MeToo movement, her lawyer said. "The MeToo movement and the women who have stood up and disclosed sexual assaults has given Kathryn a lot of courage," Leslie Stovall said.

BBC

I always thought Ronaldo was gay.

Poor Harvey Weinstein.

Man needs a walker, hunched over, looks like he is in such bad shape. The tennis balls were a nice touch. This man needs to be hit by a bus Deadpool style.

Argento has denied any sexual relationship, but the denial is very sketchy.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1031915552699179009

I have no idea whether there was any kind of sexual relationship but if Argento is correct and Bennet has a history of attempting to shake down people for lots of money, it does make it seem less credible a claim on the part of Bennet. Her counter claim makes Bennet's seem sketchy.

FWIW, I know absolutely zip about either person in this allegation.

Argento has denied any sexual relationship, but the denial is very sketchy.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1031915552699179009

I have no idea whether there was any kind of sexual relationship but if Argento is correct and Bennet has a history of attempting to shake down people for lots of money, it does make it seem less credible a claim on the part of Bennet. Her counter claim makes Bennet's seem sketchy.

FWIW, I know absolutely zip about either person in this allegation.
Well, there is a photograph of them laying down together, apparently naked.

In either case, I'm not sure what finding a hypocrite in Hollywood is supposed to demonstrate.

Of course, I don't think Argento having sex with Bennett at 17 was really all that wrong in itself. But that's a whole can of worms.

Back
Top Bottom