• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

HBO to make film of Scientology book, hires 160 lawyers

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion "I have no sense of humour" or why you said there are two types of people and mentioned one type.

That was awesome. :hysterical:

Just in case you are the kind of person for whom humor is somewhat elusive and mysterious (some of my favorite family members are autistic - different, not broken) I thought I'd demystify this for you so that you can enjoy the chuckle.

• Bilby outlines a series of reported military service stories that, if all true, would mean that SAS sent covertly to Argentina operatives numbering more than 100 times the actual population of Argentina and no one noticed. He outlines this to show that people exaggerate or fabricate their service.
  • You reply, in complete deadpan, never underestimate the British, they are cleverer than you think!
  • Which is pretty hilarious and a terrific comic reply. Except you weren't trying to make a joke! You read his story and thought, "yeah, they probably really did send more covert operatives than the entire population of argentina by 100x!"
  • So he kinda teases you about that and adds a riddle that requires extrapolating from incomplete data.
  • and your failure to notice the riddle or extrapolate from it to detect the answer would be funny enough, but you put a cherry on top by questioning his conclusion that a sense of humor is not being utilized in this exchange!

One of you was speaking tongue-in-cheek, the other was not noticing it.

There is a good reason why, in most comedy double acts, the straight-man is paid more than the funny man. Deadpan responses are the most valuable part of the routine, and the hardest to achieve.

But what would I know; My conclusion is, apparently, not supported by any premise. ;)

I herebly declare Bilby a Suppressive Person.

Look for your goldenrod copy in the mail.

That was awesome. :hysterical:

Just in case you are the kind of person for whom humor is somewhat elusive and mysterious (some of my favorite family members are autistic - different, not broken) I thought I'd demystify this for you so that you can enjoy the chuckle.

• Bilby outlines a series of reported military service stories that, if all true, would mean that SAS sent covertly to Argentina operatives numbering more than 100 times the actual population of Argentina and no one noticed. He outlines this to show that people exaggerate or fabricate their service.
  • You reply, in complete deadpan, never underestimate the British, they are cleverer than you think!
  • Which is pretty hilarious and a terrific comic reply. Except you weren't trying to make a joke! You read his story and thought, "yeah, they probably really did send more covert operatives than the entire population of argentina by 100x!"
  • So he kinda teases you about that and adds a riddle that requires extrapolating from incomplete data.
  • and your failure to notice the riddle or extrapolate from it to detect the answer would be funny enough, but you put a cherry on top by questioning his conclusion that a sense of humor is not being utilized in this exchange!

One of you was speaking tongue-in-cheek, the other was not noticing it.

There is a good reason why, in most comedy double acts, the straight-man is paid more than the funny man. Deadpan responses are the most valuable part of the routine, and the hardest to achieve.

But what would I know; My conclusion is, apparently, not supported by any premise. ;)

But you could be right. Deadpan's who make a good living will agree. I once made a part time living from drawing cartoons. I didn't do it full time because I wasn't good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I herebly declare Bilby a Suppressive Person.

Look for your goldenrod copy in the mail.

Will you whip him with your golden rod.

Okay, good. A valid effort a humor. Nice try.

The proper patter is "Well done."

But I'm not seeing VGIs so more humor drilling for WP.

We can also exclude Moon Landing Denial. In fact there are writings referring to landings on Venus, not to mention the strange things found on Uranus.

We can also exclude Moon Landing Denial. In fact there are writings referring to landings on Venus, not to mention the strange things found on Uranus

If you're finding strange things on Uranus, you need to wipe better.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Eldarion Lathria

We can also exclude Moon Landing Denial. In fact there are writings referring to landings on Venus, not to mention the strange things found on Uranus

If you're finding strange things on Uranus, you need to wipe better.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Eldarion Lathria

This is certainly the butt of many jokes. If one day we discover it has a twin planet somewhere out there it could be called Urectum

Anti-vaccination should be over in touch with religious quackery.

Back
Top Bottom