• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Clinton Derail From Religion Of Libertarianism

Even a cursory look at what happened in 2016 should dispel the notion that DJT and HRC are "equivalent" scumbags.
The mere fact that within his own party there was a "never Trump" faction that flipped into full-bore endorsement of Agent Orange and his Nazi-sympathizing ideology, should be a tipoff. There were a lot of Democratic voters who were not happy with HRC's coronation a nominee, but there wasn't a "never Hillary" faction within the party. My own objections to her included her sense of entitlement, her history of corporate coziness and above all, the thirty years of being loaded up with intense Republican and foreign influence baggage that I feared (justifiably as it turns out) would enable the election of the most corrupt, least competent, least empathic and most self-interested nominee ever to smear the American political landscape.

The Republican "never Trump" faction had no choice but to go with the flow once Trump was elected. Disagreed on the "never Hillary" faction as shown by the Bernie fans who crossed party lines in retaliation for DNC corruption.

Even a cursory look at what happened in 2016 should dispel the notion that DJT and HRC are "equivalent" scumbags.
The mere fact that within his own party there was a "never Trump" faction that flipped into full-bore endorsement of Agent Orange and his Nazi-sympathizing ideology, should be a tipoff. There were a lot of Democratic voters who were not happy with HRC's coronation a nominee, but there wasn't a "never Hillary" faction within the party. My own objections to her included her sense of entitlement, her history of corporate coziness and above all, the thirty years of being loaded up with intense Republican and foreign influence baggage that I feared (justifiably as it turns out) would enable the election of the most corrupt, least competent, least empathic and most self-interested nominee ever to smear the American political landscape.

The Republican "never Trump" faction had no choice but to go with the flow once Trump was elected.

BS. There is ALWAYS a choice. The fact is that they chose power over integrity. I'm not saying that Dems wouldn't have made concessions to power - hell, I made such a concession when I voted for Hillary, even though I believed she would be a weak president. But I feared - again justifiably as it turns out - that Trump was "kompromatted", lacked any form of integrity whatsoever and was dangerously ignorant of everything from politics to science. The Republican party that my parents both belonged to, entirely turned tail on its own ethics and gleefully embraced what they KNEW was wrong on every level, just to preserve their individual seats of power and personal profit. And this is what we get ... a quick trip down the trail of destruction of our nation.

You betcha buddy! BTW: I see some fellow Trumpster in you also. I'm going to work on you and see what happens...

In the meantime, he continues to dodge your request for factual evidence that HRC illegally destroyed evidence.

In the meantime, he continues to avoid apology for a personal attack instead of simply seeking to discuss the issue. Just like you. Both of you know what Comey testified to about Hillary. Both of you know classified material was found in her deleted emails on Weiner's laptop. Both of you are engaging in personal attacks rather than admitting the fact she lied and destroyed evidence.

How in the world is it a personal attack to ask for evidence to support your claim that HRC is a crook? Do you not believe that if she had broken the law that Trump and his government (Sessions) would do everything in their power to have her arrested?

How in the world is it a personal attack to ask for evidence to support your claim that HRC is a crook? Do you not believe that if she had broken the law that Trump and his government (Sessions) would do everything in their power to have her arrested?

Oh, shut up and get with the program. Chant "lock her up", but don't waste your time looking for any reason to lock her up; the mere fact that she is an effective foil for a criminal President is sufficient.

The Republican "never Trump" faction had no choice but to go with the flow once Trump was elected. Disagreed on the "never Hillary" faction as shown by the Bernie fans who crossed party lines in retaliation for DNC corruption.

What DNC corruption? I hope that you are able to separate out facts from Russian bot propaganda.

What DNC corruption? I hope that you are able to separate out facts from Russian bot propaganda.

Awesome. So you believe the emails hacked by the Russians and published on Wikileaks were fakes. Fascinating!

Awesome. So you believe the emails hacked by the Russians and published on Wikileaks were fakes. Fascinating!

Of course not, they were real. But don't be so naïve! You should ask yourself: why did the Russians hack and release the e-mails? Why haven't they released any of the republican e-mails? We know that that they hacked the republicans also. Russia wanted Trump to win. One of their great strategies was to create and sow discord in the democratic ranks. They want to depress democratic turnout (not republican turnout). What better way to do than to imply that there was this deep dark conspiracy to hurt Sanders and keep him down and unfairly elevate HRC.

Hate to tell you the truth, but there really wasn't a conspiracy. Did some in the DNC favor Hillary - OF COURSE! They are human. She's been a democrat her whole life. She's raised million and millions for the dems. She has developed deep relations with them. Bernie came out of nowhere. He just recently became a democrat. Many of his ideas were radical to some democrats and took time to get used to. Obama had similar challenges against HRC but overcame them. Trump had far worse challenges. The republican base desperately tried to elevate Jeb over Trump; later they tried to push Cruz. But the Russians don't want you to know about that!

The newcomer always has a higher hill to climb that the established candidate. The difference this time is that the Russians blew it way out of proportion and helped to get Trump elected.

Of course not, they were real. But don't be so naïve! You should ask yourself: why did the Russians hack and release the e-mails? Why haven't they released any of the republican e-mails? We know that that they hacked the republicans also. Russia wanted Trump to win. One of their great strategies was to create and sow discord in the democratic ranks. They want to depress democratic turnout (not republican turnout). What better way to do than to imply that there was this deep dark conspiracy to hurt Sanders and keep him down and unfairly elevate HRC.

Hate to tell you the truth, but there really wasn't a conspiracy. Did some in the DNC favor Hillary - OF COURSE! They are human. She's been a democrat her whole life. She's raised million and millions for the dems. She has developed deep relations with them. Bernie came out of nowhere. He just recently became a democrat. Many of his ideas were radical to some democrats and took time to get used to. Obama had similar challenges against HRC but overcame them. Trump had far worse challenges. The republican base desperately tried to elevate Jeb over Trump; later they tried to push Cruz. But the Russians don't want you to know about that!

The newcomer always has a higher hill to climb that the established candidate. The difference this time is that the Russians blew it way out of proportion and helped to get Trump elected.
Excellent diversion and backpedal from your original claim it was all faked by "Russian bot propaganda".

Excellent diversion and backpedal from your original claim it was all faked by "Russian bot propaganda".

Wow. Why are you being so dramatic? You entirely missed my point. My post wasn't a diversion. Sure there was some hurdles for Sanders to climb. But what is your evidence of corruption? If your evidence is the information from the Russians: my contention is that it was greatly exaggerated to fit a meme. And this is the opinion of most experts. Now if you want to deny what I'm saying: please support your position with a link.

Wow. Why are you being so dramatic? You entirely missed my point. My post wasn't a diversion. Sure there was some hurdles for Sanders to climb. But what is your evidence of corruption? If your evidence is the information from the Russians: my contention is that it was greatly exaggerated to fit a meme. And this is the opinion of most experts. Now if you want to deny what I'm saying: please support your position with a link.

LOL. I didn't realize that pointing out your false narrative was "dramatic". You, sir, are looking in a mirror.

Donna Brazile reveals how Hillary corrupted the DNC:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774
I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...rren-bernie-sanders-democratic-primary-rigged
Even for the Democratic Party, the past few weeks have been bizarre. First, Donna Brazile, the former chair of the Democratic National Committee, published excerpts of a forthcoming book in which she says that after she took over the Democratic National Committee, she investigated “whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process” through the DNC, and discovered evidence that they did. “I had found my proof and it broke my heart,” she wrote.

In the aftermath of Brazile’s bombshell, Sen. Elizabeth Warren was asked if she “agree[d] with the notion that it was rigged?” “Yes,” she replied.

If your evidence is the information from the Russians: my contention is that it was greatly exaggerated to fit a meme. And this is the opinion of most experts. Now if you want to deny what I'm saying: please support your position with a link.

Decades of Republican and Russian propaganda would have been wasted had it not succeeded in making some people believe it without evidence. Why should those same people need any now?

The Republicans feared Hillary for almost thirty years, and began smearing her then. But Putin HATES her - and so did the most unholy alliance in the history of our Country begin.

LOL. I didn't realize that pointing out your false narrative was "dramatic".

No, your pointlessly emphatic posting style is what was dramatic.

Donna Brazile reveals how Hillary corrupted the DNC:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774
I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...rren-bernie-sanders-democratic-primary-rigged
Even for the Democratic Party, the past few weeks have been bizarre. First, Donna Brazile, the former chair of the Democratic National Committee, published excerpts of a forthcoming book in which she says that after she took over the Democratic National Committee, she investigated “whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process” through the DNC, and discovered evidence that they did. “I had found my proof and it broke my heart,” she wrote.

In the aftermath of Brazile’s bombshell, Sen. Elizabeth Warren was asked if she “agree[d] with the notion that it was rigged?” “Yes,” she replied.

And what did the piece you just quoted say next (italic emphasis in original; bold emphasis mine):

Within a few days, both Brazile and Warren walked their statements all the way back. Brazile now says she found “no evidence” the primary was rigged. Warren now says that though there was “some bias” within the DNC, “the overall 2016 primary process was fair.”

I have spent much of the past week trying to untangle this story, interviewing people on all sides of the primary and in a variety of positions at the DNC. The core facts are straightforward: As Barack Obama’s presidency drew to a close, the DNC was deep in debt. In return for a bailout, DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz gave Hillary Clinton’s campaign more potential control over its operations and hiring decisions than was either ethical or wise. But those operations were mostly irrelevant to the primary and couldn’t have been used to rig the process even if anyone had wanted to use them that way; the primary schedule, debate schedule, and rules were set well in advance of these agreements. “I found nothing to say they were gaming the primary system,” Brazile told me. And while that contradicts the more sensational language she used in her book, it fits the facts she laid out both in her original piece and since.
The irony is that Sanders was a prime beneficiary of this bias, not a victim of it. The losers were potential candidates like Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Warren, or Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper — and, thus, Democratic primary voters, who ended up with few choices in 2016. To the extent Democratic primary voters feel like they were denied a broad range of candidates in 2016, and that party officials tried to clear the field to coronate Clinton, well, they’re right.

This horse is long dead. Hillary Clinton had already run for President in 2008 and was, at one point, beating Obama in the primaries. They finished neck and neck, with Obama just barely winning out (though that is still contested by some).

It is absolutely no surprise to anyone that there would be many within the DNC--and millions of voters--who wanted Clinton as a result of her previous bid and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. That is, in fact, the exact nature of all party primaries. Everyone has their favorite. It is not and never has been any kind of rigidly dogmatically neutral process where no one but the plebian voters are allowed their own opinions, which is all that was expressed in any emails; the opinions of some within the DNC in regard to the fact that Sanders--in spite of the fact he could not possibly win and this fact was well known for months--would not do what he should have done and get out of the race to allow focus to be put on Trump, who was campaigning unopposed during that whole time.

Iow, they were pissed off that the already dead Sanders zombie wouldn't get off the fucking stage and instead kept attacking the frontrunner; wasting time, money and resources--while at the same time being a puppet for Russians and the GOP--causing unnecessary and bitter division that directly lead to Trump getting into the WH (exactly as those same insiders feared and worried about).

NOTHING was actively done, however, that could have changed any voter's vote or in any other substantive manner "rigged" for Clinton.

Hillary was corrupt and corrupted the DNC. The testimony of Brazile and the evidence on Wikileaks proved it.

In what Bizarro World is that true? Years and years of Republican investigations resulted in zero charges of corruption - or anything else, yet you still believe the talking points? Have you already spent the 10% tax cut that you were promised this week?

Do you have reading comprehension issues? What you claim Harry said, and what Harry actually said are completely different. :rolleyes:

Hillary was corrupt and corrupted the DNC. The testimony of Brazile and the evidence on Wikileaks proved it.

In what Bizarro World is that true? Years and years of Republican investigations resulted in zero charges of corruption - or anything else, yet you still believe the talking points? Have you already spent the 10% tax cut that you were promised this week?

The sad thing is that clearly Max isn't a conservative or a Trump supporter. But clearly he bought the Russian propaganda. I wonder how many others voted third party and/or didn't vote because of this? This is why democrats must capture at least the house. We need to Benghazi-investigate the Trump administration and see if we can turn the tide a little.

You betcha buddy! BTW: I see some fellow Trumpster in you also. I'm going to work on you and see what happens...

In the meantime, he continues to dodge your request for factual evidence that HRC illegally destroyed evidence.

In the meantime, he continues to avoid apology for a personal attack instead of simply seeking to discuss the issue. Just like you. Both of you know what Comey testified to about Hillary. Both of you know classified material was found in her deleted emails on Weiner's laptop. Both of you are engaging in personal attacks rather than admitting the fact she lied and destroyed evidence.

Huh? Comey plainly stated that the stuff on Wieners computer was the same as the stuff already in possession.

Huh? Comey plainly stated that the stuff on Wieners computer was the same as the stuff already in possession.

I don't recall him ever stating that. Are you sure you remember it correctly or do you have a link? I do, however, recall him saying this:

Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information...None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.

I don't recall him ever stating that. Are you sure you remember it correctly or do you have a link? I do, however, recall him saying this:

Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information...None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.

While I cannot find any report of him saying they were copies of the stull already reviewed, this was also said.: After reviewing the messages the FBI found no reason to charge Clinton or revise its earlier finding that Clinton had been “extremely careless” in her handling of classified material in emails.

And also this.: The FBI has previously said that a number of Abedin's documents were backed up on Weiner's laptop, and that some smaller number were manually forwarded. In a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee last May, the FBI said, "Although we do not know the exact numbers, based on its investigation, the FBI believes it is reasonable to conclude that most of the emails found on Mr. Weiner's laptop computer related to the Clinton investigation occurred as a result of a backup of personal electronic devices, with a small number a result of manual forwarding by Ms. Abedin to Mr. Weiner."

Back
Top Bottom