• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Clinton

Playball40

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Non-religious
Can someone please tell me exactly what it is that Hillary Clinton has done that makes some people hate her so much? I hear she's dishonest - will someone tell me exactly what she has been dishonest about (I'm not talking speculation here, something solid and proven). She should be in jail (please tell me what laws she has broken and why she should be in jail?). I'm actually a huge Bernie fan and for whatever stupid reason, HRC's voice grates on my nerves, but I'm really not sure what is so BAD about her? As far as obtaining the super delegates (which, yes, irritates me as they shouldn't come into play until necessary) but I cannot fault her for using everything at her disposal to win an election. Isn't that what running a campaign is about?

Liberals don't like her because she is a right-leaning moderate who isn't very strong on civil rights. Notice her support for gay marriage at the last second. She is a perfect politician and knows how to weather storms, but she seems to lack much in the way of any actual values that she holds dear. It is unfortunate that we can't combine Clinton and Sanders into a single candidate. A candidate with strongly held values and the machine to make the changes possible. Of course, there is a reason why that isn't possible.

Conservatives despise her for the same reason they loved Sarah Palin. They see people the way they want to see them, not how they actually are.

Can someone please tell me exactly what it is that Hillary Clinton has done that makes some people hate her so much?
her biggest mistake was having a vagina.
her second biggest mistake was being involved with a powerful Democratic figure who got shit done.

there's a lot of good reasons to *dislike* clinton as a politician and be indifferent to the idea of her as a presidential candidate, but to *hate* her requires frothing partisan anger-boners, people who NEED to hate women and hate liberal political structures so whatever reason they come up with is really just an after-the-fact justification for the level of seething rage they feel towards her for the fact she has a twazz.

I think that a lot of the hate from conservatives is because they feel like they own the presidency after Reagan and Bush sr. That Clinton I only was elected because of the third party candidate, H. Ross Perot running. That Bush II restored the natural order when he was elected president by the 5 to 4 vote. That Bush II was unfairly branded with allowing 9/11, the recession of 2001, the Iraq war, (there were WMD's,) the Great Financial Crisis and Recession of 2008 and the massive budget deficit of FY2009 to happen.

Any Democrat presumptuous enough to be elected to the presidency is going to be vilified by the right.

The Hate started back when Bill Clinton was elected and Hillary became an activist, for example on health care. She has been demonized ever since. Raw, naked hate, stirred up by people like Limbaugh, Mike the Savage Weiner, Beck et all has long been a far right cottage industry. A large number of far right books demonizing her in intemperate language has been flooding the nation for years now. It is more a sickness, like virulent anti-Semitism than a reasoned and reasonable position. Hillary is a prime example of the right wing's campaign of hate against political opponents. It's more bizarre than reasoned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_books_by_or_about_Hillary_Rodham_Clinton#Anti...

[h=3]Anti...[/h]
And so on.

It's weird that the Right hates her since she's a good republican politician.

I think, at least on the right's side, they started hating her because she became involved/championed her husband's politics in the '90's. She didn't just do cutesy inconsequential woman's causes, and this caused a lot of seething on the right, because not only was she doing shit without being elected to office, she was doing so outside of her god appointed gender role.

As for me, I don't like her much because she's far too right for my taste, and seems willing to swing her position over to match any poll if it will get her some favorable position. I haven't believed her explanations for these changes of heart. In short, she is the quintessential politician that everyone seems to hate. Insincere, constantly jockeying for power and position, always ready with a bullshit answer that really isn't an answer, etc.

I expect some of that from any politician, but she strikes me as someone that doesn't have a limit, and is not half as good at covering it up as she thinks she is. To be honest, I'm surprised she didn't sell Chelsea into slavery for a slight advantage in the 2008 elections.

I expect some of that from any politician, but she strikes me as someone that doesn't have a limit, and is not half as good at covering it up as she thinks she is. To be honest, I'm surprised she didn't sell Chelsea into slavery for a slight advantage in the 2008 elections.
Who says she didn't? ;)

I think, at least on the right's side, they started hating her because she became involved/championed her husband's politics in the '90's. She didn't just do cutesy inconsequential woman's causes, and this caused a lot of seething on the right, because not only was she doing shit without being elected to office, she was doing so outside of her god appointed gender role..

I agree with the above. ironically, I think Hillary started out as the idealist with progressive ideas that we like so much in Bernie and Elizabeth Warren, but her experiences in Bill's first term changed her.

I think, at least on the right's side, they started hating her because she became involved/championed her husband's politics in the '90's. She didn't just do cutesy inconsequential woman's causes, and this caused a lot of seething on the right, because not only was she doing shit without being elected to office, she was doing so outside of her god appointed gender role..

I agree with the above. ironically, I think Hillary started out as the idealist with progressive ideas that we like so much in Bernie and Elizabeth Warren, but her experiences in Bill's first term changed her.

About right. The right's scorched earth hatred of Bill transfered to her because she was indeed dedicated to major health care reforms. Then it became a habit, especially when they realized she was not going away. So she has been forced to become a political survivor. It's the nail that sticks up that gets hammered.

According to factcheck.org:

: Did Hillary Clinton work for Goldwater?
A: She was a high-school Young Republican and "Goldwater Girl" in 1964 but swung to supporting Democrat Eugene McCarthy’s campaign in 1968 and George McGovern’s in 1972.

Hillary Clinton ("Living History," page 21): I was also an active Young Republican and, later, a Goldwater girl, right down to my cowgirl outfit and straw cowboy hat emblazoned with the slogan "AuH20." … I liked Senator Goldwater because he was a rugged individualist who swam against the political tide.

Rest of the article: http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/hillary-worked-for-goldwater/

Last edited:
According to factcheck.org:

: Did Hillary Clinton work for Goldwater?
A: She was a high-school Young Republican and "Goldwater Girl" in 1964 but swung to supporting Democrat Eugene McCarthy’s campaign in 1968 and George McGovern’s in 1972.

Hillary Clinton ("Living History," page 21): I was also an active Young Republican and, later, a Goldwater girl, right down to my cowgirl outfit and straw cowboy hat emblazoned with the slogan "AuH20." … I liked Senator Goldwater because he was a rugged individualist who swam against the political tide.

Rest of the article: http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/hillary-worked-for-goldwater/

Yes, and?

I don't know, she started as a Goldwater girl.

The Republicans have spent many years demonizing her. All too many see the great clouds of smoke and figure there must be some fire.

Yes, and?

Just a little information to add to the file. She started out with very conservative roots in her family and hometown and later became liberal in college.

Yes, I am aware of that. There is nothing unusual about following the politics of one's parents initially. She wasn't even old enough to vote for Goldwater, nor did she actually serve on his campaign.

From her book:

My ninth-grade history teacher, Paul Carlon, was, and still is, a dedicated educator and very conservative Republican. Mr. Carlson encouraged me to read Senator Barry Goldwater's recently published book, The Conscience of a Conservative. That inspired me to write my term paper on the American conservative movement ... I liked Senator Goldwater because he was a rugged individualist who swam against the political tide.

(I do find the last sentence ironic given that she now swims with the tide on all issues.)

She has said it was hearing Martin Luther King that helped her define her own politics, and prompted her to change parties. She also supported McCarthy in 1968

Perhaps instead of doing the usual echo chamber, you should find an actual Republican that hates her and ask that Republican. Most of these answers, "because she's a woman", are probably somewhat different from what Republicans would say, but instead reflect the general opinion of Republicans on this forum.

This really isn't the place to ask what Republicans think. Their numbers are very few around here. Where's Underseer when you need him?

Just a little information to add to the file. She started out with very conservative roots in her family and hometown and later became liberal in college.

Yes, I am aware of that. There is nothing unusual about following the politics of one's parents initially. She wasn't even old enough to vote for Goldwater, nor did she actually serve on his campaign.

From her book:

My ninth-grade history teacher, Paul Carlon, was, and still is, a dedicated educator and very conservative Republican. Mr. Carlson encouraged me to read Senator Barry Goldwater's recently published book, The Conscience of a Conservative. That inspired me to write my term paper on the American conservative movement ... I liked Senator Goldwater because he was a rugged individualist who swam against the political tide.

(I do find the last sentence ironic given that she now swims with the tide on all issues.)

She has said it was hearing Martin Luther King that helped her define her own politics, and prompted her to change parties. She also supported McCarthy in 1968

I had no idea what you were aware of. And instead I get a defensive "Yes, and?"

I'm outta here.

Can someone please tell me exactly what it is that Hillary Clinton has done that makes some people hate her so much?
her biggest mistake was having a vagina.
her second biggest mistake was being involved with a powerful Democratic figure who got shit done.

there's a lot of good reasons to *dislike* clinton as a politician and be indifferent to the idea of her as a presidential candidate, but to *hate* her requires frothing partisan anger-boners, people who NEED to hate women and hate liberal political structures so whatever reason they come up with is really just an after-the-fact justification for the level of seething rage they feel towards her for the fact she has a twazz.

Lots of truth to the above! She is hated because she's a moderate - just like most of the country. It shows has far right the republicans have swung.

- - - Updated - - -

From her book:

I had no idea what you were aware of. And instead I get a defensive "Yes, and?"

I'm outta here.

Dude: you gotta thicken up a little!

Back
Top Bottom