• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Holy Crap - The Revolution is about to start

Going off the cuff (no AI improvements)

Trump is hardly the first Republican president to demonize Democrats-only difference is that his attacks are more direct, more personal, and most relentless than any of his predecessors, mainly because of the reach of today's social media. Today's Democratic Party bears little resemblance to the party during the era of Abraham Lincoln, Richard Nixon, or Ronald Reagan-all of whom denounced Democrats for various reasons.

For example, Nixon was the so-called 'peace candidate' of the Vietnam War, while Reagan termed democrats as big government; to this day, it would appear that republicans are the party of big government in respect to religious influences. Definitely not the same shit involved when Lincoln was in office and the democrats that opposed him on every hand through the Civil War.

Where Republican presidents typically denounced the policy or ideology of the opposing party, Trump regularly unleashes personal, abusive, or highly critical language, against individual Democrats. His usage of demeaning nicknames-"Crooked Hillary", "Sleepy Joe", "Crazy Nancy"-to belittle and vilify opponents has been unparalleled in Trump's rhetoric, repeated at rallies, on social media, and in interviews. Whereas his predecessors have rarely trafficked in conspiracy theories and outright disinformation, Trump has routinely accused Democrats of everything from stealing elections to plotting deep state coups. That kind of bullshit only happened when the demarcates did it, back in the civil war era. :lol:

Trump has framed himself as an outsider, fighting against a corrupt political establishment, which includes both Democrats and some Republicans. Who the fuck as a republican president did that?

Your rhetoric, as well as that of several other people here and throughout social media, is rhetoric that lays the foundation for violence. Every bit of the "existential threat to democracy" narrative is crafted to justify violence against fellow citizens. It provides the basis for demonizing half the country as being evil traitors that cannot be tolerated. You are actively involved in the vilification of half the nation, and you are helping to push a belief that will rationalize civil unrest.

Don't get me wrong - a portion of people on the other side do the same thing with different topics.

But don't delude yourself - and not just you, by the way, but several posters here - that you're complicit in amplifying a message that will lead to violence.
Thank you, I guess. If I ever needed a textbook definition of gaslighting, you've now made it pretty fucking easy Ms "I only get my news from this forum".

Which I totally believe, by the way. That sounds 100% plausible.

It rather sounds like you're ready and willing to do violence to get your way.
I will stand up to violence to preserve democracy, if that is what you mean. If not, what are you trying to impute?
The limit is my limit. I am only one person, of moderate capability and minimal influence. If I am a worry to you, and the pending election of a megalomaniacal treasonous apricot is not, that says volumes about you.
Your rhetoric, as well as that of several other people here and throughout social media, is rhetoric that lays the foundation for violence. Every bit of the "existential threat to democracy" narrative is crafted to justify violence against fellow citizens. It provides the basis for demonizing half the country as being evil traitors that cannot be tolerated. You are actively involved in the vilification of half the nation, and you are helping to push a belief that will rationalize civil unrest.

Don't get me wrong - a portion of people on the other side do the same thing with different topics.

But don't delude yourself - and not just you, by the way, but several posters here - that you're complicit in amplifying a message that will lead to violence.
And what is wrong with violence? In the defense of liberty it maybe essential as we have discovered several times in our history. I don’t wish it. But I’ll be damned if I roll over and accept tyranny. I’ll try other means first. But we must always be prepared for the violent defense of our liberties.

Protest “lays the foundation” for violence.
Especially if it is protest against ghastly violence?
Got it, barbos. Standard issue dictator-speak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom