• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How are you celebrating Confederate Heritage month?

I'm reading "Grant Moves South".

It has nothing to do with CHM, but I might as well try to get some credit.

What´s next Nazi heritage month in Germany?

Maybe they are just proud of the heritage and not the wars of aggression, forced labor, concentration camps, rapes, torture, lamp shades made out of human skin, shooting children for sport, gas chambers, ripping gold fillings out of people's mouths, complete subservience to Hitler, codified bigotry, kangaroo courts, and genocide?

maybe

Shouldn't it run concurrent with black history month?

I tell you: I have no desire to appropriate Confederate Culture, if any.

I don't know. Luckily I am rather a regular person and can go to the can and take a health shit each day. I guess I can dedicate that activity to the Confederacy for a month without having to drastically change anything.;)

I celebrated it on Saturday night with a big bucket of KFC.

I threw it all up later, so hopefully it won't be considered cultural appropriation.

Since you also appropriated upper-class, white, female culture by throwing it up it should all equal out.

Since you also appropriated upper-class, white, female culture by throwing it up it should all equal out.

Well, I did not throw it up on purpose.

It went to war with the Canadian whiskey I was drinking that night, I really should have known not to mix those two cultures in the same attempted appropriation.

Well, I did not throw it up on purpose.

semantics

It went to war with the Canadian whiskey I was drinking that night, I really should have known not to mix those two cultures in the same attempted appropriation.

lesson learned!

Just want to remind people here that if you are not a southerner your Confederate Heritage celebration is probably a cultural appropriation.

As an Australian, I strongly object to the Confederacy's cultural appropriation of the term 'southerner'. They are from north of the damn equator for fuck's sake. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom