• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How can Derek Chauvin expect a fair trial in Minneapolis?

Hi Loren,

Can you explain how basically a whole academy of officers couldn't subdue one man?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb1WywIpUtY&ab_channel=multishowtvweb[/YOUTUBE]

Can you even count how many are there? I have no idea what video footage the Jury saw, but in this one, I see way more than enough officers to handle one unarmed man. Yet they decide to just continually beat him instead. Just look t Rodney, he's in no shape after getting struck 40 times to take on over ten officers. I mean really? WTF video are YOU talking about?

Edit: Posted wrong video

Note the pattern: He stays still, they stop hitting. He tries to move, they hit.

And there are enough officers there to dogpile him--but note that that isn't exactly the safest thing for the person being dogpiled. There is no good answer to people who continue to resist arrest.

On drugs! The drugs are important. People who are high can keep fighting even when doing so is dangerous to their own health. It just requires more force and much more focus

At the beginning of the video, he tried to run for his life, and an officer anticipating it was already in full swing. But that was interpreted as him attacking the police or attempting to flee, I'll give them that but then around 37 seconds in (youtube time), you can see him laying motionless, getting hit, and then moving as a result at least twice. So you saying him moving then getting hit is a pattern is patent bullshit. At that point, I'd think interpreting movement as trying to run for his life has merit. We just see things a different way so I'll leave it at that. IMO Yall are so wrapped up in Rodney King being a bad person that you're ok with the police's royal fuck ups.

I don't want to derail this thread from the George Floyd case and whether or not Derek Chauvin can get a fair trial. I say based on the Rodney King case alone (and there is plenty) that all is in his favor. It has been like that for the police since conception after all.

Right now, there's a forensic pathologist, who has testified in a countless number of other cases, testifying in this case. She agrees that Floyd died because he wasn't able to get enough oxygen when Chauvin was leaning on his neck. She said that the evidence supports that it wasn't the drugs he used or any preexisting conditions that killed him. It was simply that he wasn't able to get enough O2 to keep him alive.

It seems to me that the evidence overwhelmingly supports that Chauvin killed Floyd. But, today the doctor who did the original autopsy is expected to be called as a witness. The defense is hoping that his testimony will cause a reasonable amount of doubt, which in turn will result in an innocent verdict. I'm a bit skeptical of that, but it's the only hope the defense has of obtaining a verdict of innocence, since all of the evidence so far, makes Chauvin look guilty.

On drugs! The drugs are important. People who are high can keep fighting even when doing so is dangerous to their own health. It just requires more force and much more focus

At the beginning of the video, he tried to run for his life, and an officer anticipating it was already in full swing. But that was interpreted as him attacking the police or attempting to flee, I'll give them that but then around 37 seconds in (youtube time), you can see him laying motionless, getting hit, and then moving as a result at least twice. So you saying him moving then getting hit is a pattern is patent bullshit. At that point, I'd think interpreting movement as trying to run for his life has merit. We just see things a different way so I'll leave it at that. IMO Yall are so wrapped up in Rodney King being a bad person that you're ok with the police's royal fuck ups.

I don't want to derail this thread from the George Floyd case and whether or not Derek Chauvin can get a fair trial. I say based on the Rodney King case alone (and there is plenty) that all is in his favor. It has been like that for the police since conception after all.

The hits didn't stop instantly when he stopped.

And his trying to run is supposed to be an excuse?? Sorry, resisting arrest is a crime, period, even if the arrest is wrong.

And his trying to run is supposed to be an excuse?? Sorry, resisting arrest is a crime, period, even if the arrest is wrong.

You went from a patten of him moving then getting hit to the hits didn't stop instantly when he stopped. Congratulations, :slowclap: you played yoself.

You went from a patten of him moving then getting hit to the hits didn't stop instantly when he stopped. Congratulations, :slowclap: you played yoself.

In fact I know in several countries it is a recognized right to seek freedom, and it is not illegal to escape jail, though if they find you they will obviously pit you back.

You have no idea about what movements Chauvin's knee is preventing. You can't see Floyd's attempts to resist or move.

He knelt on the guy for three minutes after he stopped breathing.

What resistance was he preventing?

And the idea that resisting your arrest is a crime is a fascist power play, not justice of any kind.

We live in a police state where moving your finger is called resistance and excessive force is the norm.

You have no idea about what movements Chauvin's knee is preventing. You can't see Floyd's attempts to resist or move.

I have no clue what post you're reading. DrZoidberg, I think you need to see Dr. Phill.

We know exactly what movements are being prevented: the movements of his chest, for with which to breath.

We know exactly what movements are being prevented: the movements of his chest, for with which to breath.

Breathing is resisting.

I'd say the way this forum discusses this and sweeps the problems of this trial under the carpet proves Derec's point. No, Chauvin is not going to get a fair trial. It's impossible in this environment.

Breathing is resisting.

I'd say the way this forum discusses this and sweeps the problems of this trial under the carpet proves Derec's point. No, Chauvin is not going to get a fair trial. It's impossible in this environment.

You keep insisting on this, but the reality is something starkly different: there is a mountain of evidence against Chauvin. The trial itself is far more fair than any I've ever seen a cop put to.

Breathing is resisting.

You keep insisting on this, but the reality is something starkly different: there is a mountain of evidence against Chauvin. The trial itself is far more fair than any I've ever seen a cop put to.

All I see happening here is that you belong to the same mob chanting for "justice", ie a witch burning. And you're happy about it because it's your mobs feelings that are catered to.

Breathing is resisting.

Provide one specific example of what the presiding Judge, Prosecutor or Defense have done that you find objectionable. Just one.

All I see happening here is that you belong to the same mob chanting for "justice", ie a witch burning. And you're happy about it because it's your mobs feelings that are catered to.

I can't wait to see your posts, after he's acquitted like many other officers, have been.

I can't wait to see your posts, after he's acquitted like many other officers, have been.

I don't think you understand which side I am on. If he gets acquitted, that would just prove me right.

Breathing is resisting.

Provide one specific example of what the presiding Judge, Prosecutor or Defense have done that you find objectionable. Just one.

Now you are changing the topic

Now you are changing the topic

You don't think Chauvin will get a fair trial.
The only three elements making decisions in this trial so far are the Judge, Prosecution and Defense.
So unless you are a precog, they're the only things that one can find objectionable at this current point in time. The greatest irony of all of this is you would have been challenged by both the prosecution and defense even before trial with your close minded attitude toward this all. No lawyer on either side would tolerate you in the jury.

Back
Top Bottom