• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do politicians make sure they accomplish what they set out to when they are in politics?

1. Passing a law that men and women are the only genders recognized by the U.S government
4. Banning gender affirming care
Can you explain why you are against trans people?

3. Overturning same sex marriage
2. A nationwide "don't say gay bill"
Can you explain why you are against gay people?

I went to a high school where they were trying to force homosexuality upon me.
I find that very hard to believe.
I don't care what you believe I know what I've experienced and what I've been through.

It doesn't matter to me what you believe. I KNOW what I have experienced. So I don't care what you saying.

You can't tell me what I have experienced in life

What, Buzz, the school was trying to force you to have a homosexual relationship? Do you seriously expect us to believe that?
I don't care what you believe I know what I am talking about so it doesn't matter.

I don't have to prove anything to you I could care less if you don't believe me.

1. Passing a law that men and women are the only genders recognized by the U.S government

I don't care what you believe I know what I've experienced and what I've been through.

It doesn't matter to me what you believe. I KNOW what I have experienced. So I don't care what you saying.

What, Buzz, the school was trying to force you to have a homosexual relationship? Do you seriously expect us to believe that?
At the same time, Buzz is trying to tell us that he's a big tough guy at 6'3" who can fight any challenger.

There's a lot going on here...

(p.s. Buzz...it's couldn't care less. Not "could care less.")

I guarantee you would never say any of it to my face.
I guarantee you I would do so without hesitation. I’m sure an assault charge would do wonders for your political “career”.
I prefer my reasoning for doing so: I would speak it very softly.

Oh, if it came to it I’d be happy to demonstrate what happens to a 6’3”, 160lb beanpole when it gets aggressive. 😏
Just as long as the fact the he started it was well documented…

That’s a beautiful shillelagh, btw!
Thanks. I carry it with me most everywhere I go, though it's not actually intended as a weapon. Still, it tends to keep my immediate environment rather peaceful just for existing visibly.

I don't care what you believe I know what I am talking about so it doesn't matter.

I don't have to prove anything to you I could care less if you don't believe me.

You said "Force homosexuality on me".

Do you mean acceptance of people, or force you to have sex when you don't want to do it.
Those are hugely different things. But both get described as "forcing homosexuality on me".
Tom

Do you mean acceptance of people, or force you to have sex when you don't want to do it.
Those are hugely different things. But both get described as "forcing homosexuality on me".
Tom
Given the hyperbolic bad faith spin people put to descriptions of innocuous things just so they can be outraged, my bet is that they asked Marge here to be friends with a person who was gay, and then the "Intellectual Colossus" that is Marge took to calling that suggested "interpersonal relationship" a "sexual relationship" because they don't really know the difference, and think all relationships with someone of a person's preferred sex are automatically sexual.

That said, Nighthawk has been saying things implying their desire for intimate contact with my Third Leg and/or Laden Sack containing my Balls of Steel as it were, mostly of the form "come at me bro".

*The joke is that a walking stick is literally a third leg, my bag is quite plump, and contains some steel ball bearings.

Tom
I don't need to explain myself I have my reasons and that's why.

Tom
You do absolutely need to explain your reasons fully and clearly if you wish anyone to follow you based on any act of "reasoning".

Granted we are all already aware that your claims have an odor to them.

Tom
You do absolutely need to explain your reasons fully and clearly if you wish anyone to follow you based on any act of "reasoning".
No I don't. I don't need to explain this to you or anyone else. I have my reasons for wanting to pass anti lgbtq laws and that's it.

I'm not obligated to explain anything to you or anyone else here. That's why I deleted the initial post I had written. The only reason I responded was because Tom replied back even after I deleted it.

Slow down a tick, I think I can help...Let's see if maybe you didn't misinterpret what they were teaching you. Do any of these ring a bell?

1- Joey Buttafuoco -- he was actually a public figure in the 90s. He is a real guy. And straight.
2- Joan of Arc was actually burned with some faggots. But they were sticks.
3- Morehead City is just a town on the East Coast, relax.
4- If your high school band played 'Finally', yes, it's by Cece Peniston, but she's a real singer. That's just her name.
5- There are great big sperm whales. They're the biggest toothed whales, so, no problem.
6- Don't jump out the window, but you are a homo sapiens. And your ancestor was a homo erectus. I don't know what to tell you.
7- On a different topic, they probably taught you, but I'm just reinforcing: your is a possessive and you're is a contraction for 'you are'.
Hope I cleared up some little hazy points. Glad I could help.

Tom
Given the hyperbolic bad faith spin people put to descriptions of innocuous things just so they can be outraged, my bet is that they asked Marge here to be friends with a person who was gay, and then the "Intellectual Colossus" that is Marge took to calling that suggested "interpersonal relationship" a "sexual relationship" because they don't really know the difference, and think all relationships with someone of a person's preferred sex are automatically sexual.

I wonder how Buzz would have reacted to something that happened about six months ago at my job. I was sitting at my usual desk, and next to me was Chris, and next to him was Jacob. Now, Chris was a Christian who spent his nights playing bass in his church band. Jacob identified as non-binary and had "they/them" as pronouns in their Slack profile. It came up in conversation, and when Chris asked, Jacob patiently described why he identified as non-binary and asked that his choice be respected. Chris said "that's cool, I respect that. By the way, we're all going out to breakfast tomorrow morning, do you want to come along?"

And that was pretty much it. Jacob didn't "force" his preferences on Chris, and Chris didn't force his religion on Jacob. We all went out to breakfast the next morning, and a couple other people came along as well. Buzz seems to live in this imaginary world where someone merely mentioning their sexuality or gender identity is a personal attack or a crime that needs to be legislated against.

Tom
No I don't. I don't need to explain this to you or anyone else. I have my reasons for wanting to pass anti lgbtq laws and that's it.

I'm not obligated to explain anything to you or anyone else here. That's why I deleted the initial post I had written. The only reason I responded was because Tom replied back even after I deleted it.
Yes, you do, IF you wish anyone to follow you based on any act of "reasoning". Having reasons, and sound ones, are foundational to all acts of "reasoning".

If you can't express those reasons, or more likely if you lack any reasons to express, we call such positions unreasonable because they are not built on, for, or around reasons.

I don't need to explain myself I have my reasons and that's why
If you can't explain it to me, I'm going to assume it's because I'm right and you prefer not to discuss that.
Tom
Okay, I already have all the information I need so I'm done.
OK.
You have all the information you need to try to dupe the low information deplorables. So, you're done.

Sadly for my country, you might actually win an election. Santos did.
Tom

Yeah, you were asked for a simple clarification, and you decided to punt. So clearly you don't care what other people think about what you've said, because you won't even elaborate on it.

I don't need to explain myself I have my reasons and that's why
If you can't explain it to me, I'm going to assume it's because I'm right and you prefer not to discuss that.
Tom
Okay, I already have all the information I need so I'm done.
OK.
You have all the information you need to try to dupe the low information deplorables. So, you're done.

Sadly for my country, you might actually win an election. Santos did.
Tom
So, much more ominously, did Trump.

Yes, and you also said you had nothing to learn from anyone here because none of us had ever been involved in a political campaign, which is not true, btw. So why ARE you here? Further, do you not understand that most people here are politically liberal and utterly detest everything you stand for? Why, then, would you expect us to help you, which you say we can’t do anyway, even though you are the one asking for help?

Back
Top Bottom