• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do politicians make sure they accomplish what they set out to when they are in politics?

I would like to know how politicians make sure they set out to accomplish what they want when they are in politics. Like some of my top goals are below how can a politician make sure they accomplish these?

These are some of my top goals are below. How can a politician make sure they have the best chance of accomplishing these goals.

1. Passing a law that men and women are the only genders recognized by the U.S government
2. A nationwide "don't say gay bill"
3. Overturning same sex marriage
4. Banning gender affirming care
5. Stopping illegal immigration
6. Overturning the law that made same sex relationships legal
7. Banning transgender athletes from playing sports.
8. Mass deportation of migrants.

Seems like you have an axe to grind. In the grand scheme of things, these are not very important issues. Do you have any other top goals?

Sung was maybe 5'8" and 140lbs soaking wet. It was hilarious to watch him standing there next to a linebacker-sized doorman when someone tried to start some shit. Of course they wouldn't go after the big guy...they'd go after Sung. Because what they didn't know was that Sung won a national Tae Kwon Do championship in South Korea.
Heh.
Sounds like my partner Doug.
I'm a big dude, but fist fighting was never my thing at all.

Doug is a wiry little fella. 5'6", 130#. But growing up, after school fights was his favorite sport. He's a tough little scrapper with no scruples in a fight.

One time, a guy I was buddies with and I had a serious disagreement. We were out drinking together, unsurprisingly. PJ was a big black dude. He said, "I'm gonna kick your ass whitey motherfucker!" I said, " Yeah, you probably will. Then I'll tell Doug about it and he'll kick your ass."
PJ agreed, so we ordered another pitcher.
Tom

I guarantee you would never say any of it to my face.
I guarantee you I would do so without hesitation. I’m sure an assault charge would do wonders for your political “career”.
I prefer my reasoning for doing so: I would speak it very softly.

Oh, if it came to it I’d be happy to demonstrate what happens to a 6’3”, 160lb beanpole when it gets aggressive. 😏
Just as long as the fact the he started it was well documented…

That’s a beautiful shillelagh, btw!

I guarantee you I would do so without hesitation. I’m sure an assault charge would do wonders for your political “career”.
Boy your just talking your not gonna say or do anything. Your just talking online about stuff you would never say or do and that's a fact.

People gave you great advice in multiple threads. Why don’t you summarize that great advice and organize it into a self-improvement plan with goals and tasks. Then post your proposal here and see how well you’ve understood to assignment?
Yeah that sounds good I'll do that then.

Boy your just talking your not gonna say or do anything. Your just talking online about stuff you would never say or do and that's a fact.

What grade are you in? Do you really not know what a comma is, or the difference between the words “your” and “you’re”?

What we do understand is that you don't much care about the country or the people, you just want the perks of office.
By whatever means necessary.

That's, unfortunately, all too common in the Teaparty Republicans.
Tom

I would like to know how politicians make sure they set out to accomplish what they want when they are in politics. Like some of my top goals are below how can a politician make sure they accomplish these?

These are some of my top goals are below. How can a politician make sure they have the best chance of accomplishing these goals.

1. Passing a law that men and women are the only genders recognized by the U.S government
5. Stopping illegal immigration
6. Overturning the law that made same sex relationships legal
7. Banning transgender athletes from playing sports.
8. Mass deportation of migrants.

Seems like you have an axe to grind. In the grand scheme of things, these are not very important issues. Do you have any other top goals?
Yeah I have a lot more. These are just some of them. But I have a lot of other things besides these that I am trying to accomplish.

Hilarious.

You: "You wouldn't say that to my face, would you? I'm 6'3" and would fight you."

Also you: "I'm anonymous online and nobody will ever find out who I am or where I live."

Part of being a public figure - something I know a little about - is being "out there" in the public. If you really want to pursue this wish of being a politician, you're going to come up against a hard reality...that not everyone wishes you well, and they'll all know who you are and where you live.

You've never experienced that, have you?

I have. I've had people who knew exactly where I worked threaten to come down and kick my ass. I've had people say "I know where you live." I've had a stalker. I've worked in buildings that have been shot at, had bomb threats, that had to install bulletproof glass, and had to call the police to remove violent threats. I've had friends in the business who had obsessed fans and death threats. People who found out where they lived and staked out their apartments and homes.

You sit behind your keyboard dreaming of what you'll do, but you have no fucking idea what that entails.

Run along, son.

People gave you great advice in multiple threads. Why don’t you summarize that great advice and organize it into a self-improvement plan with goals and tasks. Then post your proposal here and see how well you’ve understood to assignment?
Yeah that sounds good I'll do that then.

Make sure for whatever new thread you make, you do it in triplicate.

What grade are you in? Do you really not know what a comma is, or the difference between the words “your” and “you’re”?
Who the hell cares about someone's grammar when they are typing on an online forum?

Who the hell cares about someone's grammar when they are typing on an online forum.

You forgot the question mark, Buzz.

Again, your "campaign" is gonna be DOA because - to put it kindly - you're a combative, easily-triggered snowflake who can't take a (verbal) punch.
This. You don't stand a chance in politics because of this.
I won't act like that in person
It shows your fundamental nature--and the ability to control one's temper is functionally a requirement for being elected more than dogcatcher. In the political realm you would face far more than what's set you off here.

Boy your just talking your not gonna say or do anything.
"you're"
"Your is the possessive form of "you".
"You're is the contraction of "you are".
That's what you're looking for, Buzz.

Your just talking online about stuff you would never say or do and that's a fact.
See above, and note:
opinion.JPG

Your opinions are not facts.

Being combative online, intimating that you readily resort to violence... seems to be your idea.
Everyone else is just teasing you like you're (as in "you are") six. Please forgive the condescension.
It's all in fun, so don't beat anyone up, okay? Please?

I think demonstrating that you get mad at the drop of a hat and that you think getting physical is the way to solve disagreements
... unfortunately, at this time it's (it is) hard for me to say you can't sell that to the red hats.
I guess you'll get your chance to go on your rampage when the fall elections don't go your way.
Were you "there" on January 6th?

Can you explain why you are against trans people?

Can you explain why you are against gay people?

I went to a high school where they were trying to force homosexuality upon me.
I find that very hard to believe.
Forcing acceptance of your fellow Americans, humans different from you, I totally believe.
But forcing homosexuality on you? Not at all.
Tom

Also you: "I'm anonymous online and nobody will ever find out who I am or where I live."
Glad I missed THAT gem!
It brings my age estimate down to the low level of the sarcasm he elicits from me.
It's kind of a guilty pleasure indulgence to respond at all, but it's
just.
so.
tragicomic!

The fountain of youth, I tellya!

Can you explain why you are against trans people?

Can you explain why you are against gay people?

I went to a high school where they were trying to force homosexuality upon me.
I find that very hard to believe.
I don't care what you believe I know what I've experienced and what I've been through.

It doesn't matter to me what you believe. I KNOW what I have experienced. So I don't care what you saying.

You can't tell me what I have experienced in life

What, Buzz, the school was trying to force you to have a homosexual relationship? Do you seriously expect us to believe that?

Back
Top Bottom