• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do we coexist with the 42.7%?

Axulus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Right leaning skeptic
42.7% currently approve of Donald Trump (Link), despite everything this imbecile con has done. Those who approve of him at this point are beyond all hope and reason. This voting block is going to be a cancer on American society for some time to come. How do we coexist?

From the outside looking in, I'm not entirely sure what has changed during the Trump Administration. The same people who support Trump are convinced Obama is Kenyan; they just don't say it publicly anymore. Before that they were Palin supporters, before that they were Bush fans, before that they supported Gingrich's double standard when it came to federal funding and they always loved Reagan. You've been coexisting with them for a while.

The same people who support Trump are convinced Obama is Kenyan; they just don't say it publicly anymore.
yes, they do. It's just not newsworthy any more as you cannot impeach retirement (though some do still call for his imoeachment).
In fact, putting Boney into tge White House empowered many previously silent members of the 42 to come out of the closet. Telling others 'It's Trump's America, now!'

Our path to coexisting is to lock arms and insist this is not tolerable. Trump is not tolerable. Prosecute the fucking pirates.

The same people who support Trump are convinced Obama is Kenyan; they just don't say it publicly anymore.
yes, they do. It's just not newsworthy any more as you cannot impeach retirement (though some do still call for his imoeachment).

Some of them also call for Hillary to be impeached.

Some of them also call for Hillary to be impeached.
I haven't SEEN anyone call for Hunter Biden's impeachment....yet... but i wouldn't be surprised. Terribly disappointed, but not surprised.

What is needed is an effective way to fight propaganda. Difficult to do when you have to balance it out with free speech, and the potential for any law to be abused to stifle actual news. But if it could be done, then we could work on the deprogramming of the republican cult.

42.7% currently approve of Donald Trump (Link), despite everything this imbecile con has done. Those who approve of him at this point are beyond all hope and reason. This voting block is going to be a cancer on American society for some time to come. How do we coexist?
By turning out at the poll and not wasting the vote.

I'm not sure what the true percent of strong supporters of Clownstick is, but I don't really think it is 42%. How many people own their twice voting for Bush Jr.?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/03/maybe-there-is-no-floor-trumps-support/
The latest Reuters-Ipsos poll shows:

"More than 55% of Americans said they disapproved of Trump’s handling of the protests, including 40% who “strongly” disapproved, while just one-third said they approved — lower than his overall job approval of 39%, the poll showed.
A separate Reuters/Ipsos poll found that [former vice president Joe] Biden’s lead over Trump among registered voters expanded to 10 percentage points — the biggest margin since the former vice president became his party’s presumptive nominee in early April."

Hmm. I suppose not all of his base is sticking with him. As with the coronavirus, his performance on the crisis of the moment seems to remind voters how bad he really is. (“Twice as many independent voters said they disapproved of Trump’s response to the unrest. Even among Republicans, only 67% said they approved of the way he had responded, significantly lower than the 82% who liked his overall job performance.”) By the way, 82 percent of GOP support is fairly low for a president who (falsely) insists 96 percent of Republicans support him.

And by this conservative site, the strongly approve is only 31%:
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jun03
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll sponsored by Mike Cernovich, producer of Hoaxed for Wednesday shows that 44% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 31% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 44% who Strongly Disapprove.

Last edited:

Nailed it. Yes, I think that anyone slightly left of Trumpsterlalaland needs to quit moping and start making your vote count.

There are diehard Trumpers who support what he actually does. Then there are Trumpers who support what he represents even though what he does hurts them.

The second group feel left behind and marginalized by "elites" and our society. They feel they are losing ground in almost every conceivable direction. They feel they are looked down upon. And they feel everyone else who is not them is getting ahead and that much of that success is due to unfair policies. I know a few of them - I have at least one brother who fits that to a tee.

They are not bad people. And, they can be reasonable and rational. It will take time and progress that they can see that improves their lives. I'd like to think that they represent a much larger chunk of that 43%.

as already stated, we've been coexisting with them for quite some time, this particular variant of the socio-political dance started in the late 70s when the republicans merged with the religious grifter right and went insane, and the democrats followed along with carter and lost their spine and never recovered it.
our current political landscape is simply the inevitable endpoint of neocons and lunatics sparring against limp-wristed politicos.

the solution is easy and clean and 100% effective: we need to bar the conservative element in this country from being allowed to participate in the process of government.
not because they're stupid (though they are) or evil (which again they are) or even because they're insidious - but because their stated goal is to work against the basic principle of the very idea of government, their stated goal is to not govern and to make it impossible for one to govern.
if you had a sportsball team and their entire schtick was "we will not only cheat at every game we're in but we'll actively work to dismantle the concept of a professional sportballs industry in the first place", you would simply ban them from competing in the league. if you had an MMA fighter who showed up and pulled out a gun and then shot his opponent, the ref, the commentators, and then random people in the audience you wouldn't allow them back for another fight.
the political situation in the US is the same - fundamentalist conservative ideology is, at its heart, incompatible with the foundational premise of social governance, and thus these people should be allowed to have their opinions on the subject and voice them, but should not be allowed to participate in the process.

There are diehard Trumpers who support what he actually does. Then there are Trumpers who support what he represents even though what he does hurts them.

The second group feel left behind and marginalized by "elites" and our society. They feel they are losing ground in almost every conceivable direction. They feel they are looked down upon. And they feel everyone else who is not them is getting ahead and that much of that success is due to unfair policies. I know a few of them - I have at least one brother who fits that to a tee.

They are not bad people. And, they can be reasonable and rational. It will take time and progress that they can see that improves their lives. I'd like to think that they represent a much larger chunk of that 43%.

For years, I have thought that the poor educational funding that we have seen in the US was a GOP plot to dumb down America. Until I read this that wage stagnation/terrible workplace conditions were more than just greed but actual political strategy. 20 -30 years ago, I would have been certain that such a strategy would utterly backfire but someone was clever enough to start the dumbing down earlier.

What is needed is an effective way to fight propaganda. Difficult to do when you have to balance it out with free speech, and the potential for any law to be abused to stifle actual news. But if it could be done, then we could work on the deprogramming of the republican cult.
IMO this is incredibly dangerous thinking endemic to the "not republican" political body in the US (i say "not publican" because calling most of what's in the US a political "left" is a fucking sad joke) - to act like these are ditto-headed bots who have been duped into behaving this way is short sighted and narrow minded.

you can't 'fight propaganda' with people who just earnestly believe the stupidity that they're buying into. one the core realities of humans is that they stridently ignore facts that don't fit the narrative of what they piggishly want to believe about the world.
fighting propaganda would just be farting in the wind, because you can educate the shit out of these plebes all you want but it won't make any difference because they will ignore anything you teach them, and there is not one single fact in the world that can compete in their minds with 'jesus'.

For years, I have thought that the poor educational funding that we have seen in the US was a GOP plot to dumb down America. Until I read this that wage stagnation/terrible workplace conditions were more than just greed but actual political strategy. 20 -30 years ago, I would have been certain that such a strategy would utterly backfire but someone was clever enough to start the dumbing down earlier.
Except that there are otherwise intelligent people that support Trump. Political intelligence is different from book intelligence. Partisanship hits the same part of the brain as sports seems to and some people seem incapable of shaking it off.

We have people saying a drug to treat lupis works on COVID-19 patients simply because Trump supported the drug. These are the same people that don't want Government involve din their health care. This disparity can not be fixed.

We have people that apparently are going with gassing civilians so the President can do a photo op. These people are lost. They are completely sold on the us verse them game. We have members here who are completely sold into it, that the mere fact that something bothers liberals means it has to be good.

The only avenue is voting. 2018 put a huge break on the Trump Admin's efforts. Hopefully 2020 will end the Trump Admin, and maybe even greatly weaken the GOP. But of course, that was supposedly to happen in 2016.

IMO this is incredibly dangerous thinking endemic to the "not republican" political body in the US (i say "not publican" because calling most of what's in the US a political "left" is a fucking sad joke) - to act like these are ditto-headed bots who have been duped into behaving this way is short sighted and narrow minded.

you can't 'fight propaganda' with people who just earnestly believe the stupidity that they're buying into. one the core realities of humans is that they stridently ignore facts that don't fit the narrative of what they piggishly want to believe about the world.
fighting propaganda would just be farting in the wind, because you can educate the shit out of these plebes all you want but it won't make any difference because they will ignore anything you teach them, and there is not one single fact in the world that can compete in their minds with 'jesus'.
Yes. 2018 the Dems fought on the hill of Health Care and won. They didn't fight Trump like Clinton tried to, and honestly most of us thought would work. The Dems fought on the issue of health care.

With Trump, fighting the lies is impossible because all he does is lie, ie he'll lie out lying. Issues, issues, issues and get the vote out. Trump is helping with that for the Dems at the moment.

The only avenue is voting.
is it though? seems to me, from watching elections pretty closely since the mid 90s, that the voting public in the US is pretty evenly split.
i don't think "more voting" would make any difference, unless by "more voting" you mean "only from democrats" - because if you just increase voting across the board you're going to end up with the same tug-of-war for office that has been going on between Rs and and Ds for the better part of two centuries.
the US voting population is pretty evenly split on which they'll vote for, elections just come down to which side gets more of their pool of voters to bother to go and do it, and that just comes down to which side is more pissed off and riled up that cycle.
i don't see how 'more' would fix that, you'd have the exact same outcome you do now, just with the numbers that CNN has to report being slightly higher.

The only avenue is voting.
is it though? seems to me, from watching elections pretty closely since the mid 90s, that the voting public in the US is pretty evenly split.
i don't think "more voting" would make any difference, unless by "more voting" you mean "only from democrats" - because if you just increase voting across the board you're going to end up with the same tug-of-war for office that has been going on between Rs and and Ds for the better part of two centuries.
Democrats do better when turnout is higher.
the US voting population is pretty evenly split on which they'll vote for, elections just come down to which side gets more of their pool of voters to bother to go and do it, and that just comes down to which side is more pissed off and riled up that cycle.
i don't see how 'more' would fix that, you'd have the exact same outcome you do now, just with the numbers that CNN has to report being slightly higher.
The Dems crushed the GOP in 2018, much more so than otherwise in 2010 (though winning fewer seats with many more votes). Get the turnout, the Dems win.

Any Bernie fanatics who would stay away from the polls two times in a row, after what we've seen since Jan 2017, should move to Thumbsuck Island.

This.

Back
Top Bottom