• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How is this not overwhelming evidence Trump is a Russian Agent?

You normally can't bail out of a contempt. You're in jail until you comply.

Really?
Is it just that Dems have no testicles, or what? Why aren't they saying "Answer the question or go to jail"?

Congress has to rely on DoJ, I.e. Trump's DoJ to enforce such a legal violation.

SLD

Not true. Each house of Congress has inherent authority to enforce its own contempt ruling by arresting and jailing the individual. However, they haven't used that power for over a century. The current practice is to use a civil suit to get the individual fined and/or jailed for contempt of court. Pelosi has said that she would have held Lewandowski in contempt, and that can still happen. However, she was more likely trolling Jerry Nadler, who has criticized her for not allowing an impeachment hearing to go forward.

Congress has to rely on DoJ, I.e. Trump's DoJ to enforce such a legal violation.

SLD

Not true. Each house of Congress has inherent authority to enforce its own contempt ruling by arresting and jailing the individual.

That's what I thought.

However, they haven't used that power for over a century.

And...?
This is a good time for Nadler to ask himself "WWDD?" (What Would Donald Do) instead of demurring to tradition while the law permits action.

The current practice is to use a civil suit to get the individual fined and/or jailed for contempt of court.

Yeah, civil suits have always been an effective way of bending Trump's behavior - back when he had to use his own money to fight them. Is that how the Republicans put Susan McDougall in jail for 15 months for failing to testify against Clinton?

Pelosi has said that she would have held Lewandowski in contempt, and that can still happen. However, she was more likely trolling Jerry Nadler, who has criticized her for not allowing an impeachment hearing to go forward.

That sounds pretty cynical. But if Jerry was serious about standing up to Cheato HE would have held Lewandowski in contempt.

That's what I thought.

However, they haven't used that power for over a century.

And...?
This is a good time for Nadler to ask himself "WWDD?" (What Would Donald Do) instead of demurring to tradition while the law permits action.

The current practice is to use a civil suit to get the individual fined and/or jailed for contempt of court.

Yeah, civil suits have always been an effective way of bending Trump's behavior - back when he had to use his own money to fight them. Is that how the Republicans put Susan McDougall in jail for 15 months for failing to testify against Clinton?

Pelosi has said that she would have held Lewandowski in contempt, and that can still happen. However, she was more likely trolling Jerry Nadler, who has criticized her for not allowing an impeachment hearing to go forward.

That sounds pretty cynical. But if Jerry was serious about standing up to Cheato HE would have held Lewandowski in contempt.

There's an optics situation here. If Lewendowski was thrown in jail, the right would be crying about "political prisoners" and gulags. It would be a compelling argument to many people.

Russians would gladly take him back :)

I really REALLY didn't think Russians were that stupid.

It isn't stupidity. They really appreciate the work done by former stooges. Viktor Yanukovych, for example, almost managed to return Ukraine to Russian vassal status before being booted out by a popular uprising. Yanukovych now resides comfortably in Russia, although he did have to give up his palace and quite a few luxuries that he enjoyed in Kiev. Edward Snowden lives somewhat less happily at the mercy of Putin's largesse now, but he is of little propaganda value anymore. He could become a bargaining chip at a later date. Donald Trump would be welcomed probably for the historic role he played as Russia's greatest victory ever for an intelligence operation. Putin basically managed to decapitate the US government, sending it into a downward spiral that will take it a long time to recover from.

Anyway, SLD, do you see how this is not overwhelming evidence of Trump is a russian agent? :)

Uhhh. No. tRump's actions have all the hallmarks that he has been compromised by Russia. Probably a long time ago.

We probably won’t know for decades for sure. I.e Russia will not release anything on him that are in their archives for another 50 years. But his actions are clearly done at Russia's bidding.

SLD
SLD

SLD

Not true. Each house of Congress has inherent authority to enforce its own contempt ruling by arresting and jailing the individual. However, they haven't used that power for over a century. The current practice is to use a civil suit to get the individual fined and/or jailed for contempt of court. Pelosi has said that she would have held Lewandowski in contempt, and that can still happen. However, she was more likely trolling Jerry Nadler, who has criticized her for not allowing an impeachment hearing to go forward.

Can you cite such? Who would they use to arrest someone? Who would prosecute them? Before which judges? Nothing in the Constitution gives Congress the power to enforce contempt infractions. They can make it illegal, but there have to be trials in front of Article III judges and prosecutors to bring charges. I.e. US Attorneys. The ones appointed by Trump.

SLD

SLD

SLD

Can you cite such? Who would they use to arrest someone? Who would prosecute them? Before which judges? Nothing in the Constitution gives Congress the power to enforce contempt infractions. They can make it illegal, but there have to be trials in front of Article III judges and prosecutors to bring charges. I.e. US Attorneys. The ones appointed by Trump.

SLD

SLD

Contempt of Congress

In the late 1790s, declaring contempt of Congress was considered an "implied power" of the legislature, in the same way that the British Parliament could make findings of contempt of Parliament—early Congresses issued contempt citations against numerous individuals for a variety of actions. Some instances of contempt of Congress included citations against:

Robert Randal, for an attempt to bribe Representative William Smith of South Carolina in 1795.
William Duane, a newspaper editor who refused to answer Senate questions in 1800.
Nathaniel Rounsavell, another newspaper editor, for releasing sensitive information to the press in 1812.

In Anderson v. Dunn (1821),[1] the Supreme Court of the United States held that Congress' power to hold someone in contempt was essential to ensure that Congress was "... not exposed to every indignity and interruption that rudeness, caprice, or even conspiracy, may mediate against it."[1] The historical interpretation that bribery of a senator or representative was considered contempt of Congress has long since been abandoned in favor of criminal statutes. In 1857, Congress enacted a law that made "contempt of Congress" a criminal offense against the United States.[2]

The last time Congress arrested and detained a witness was in 1935.[3] Since then, it has instead referred cases to the United States Department of Justice.[4] The Office of Legal Counsel has asserted that the President of the United States is protected from contempt by executive privilege.[5][6]

Anyway, SLD, do you see how this is not overwhelming evidence of Trump is a russian agent? :)

Uhhh. No. tRump's actions have all the hallmarks that he has been compromised by Russia. Probably a long time ago.

We probably won’t know for decades for sure. I.e Russia will not release anything on him that are in their archives for another 50 years. But his actions are clearly done at Russia's bidding.

SLD
SLD
He may be russian agent but cutting off money to Ukraine is definitely NOT an evidence of that, let alone overwhelming one.

Russians would gladly take him back :)

I really REALLY didn't think Russians were that stupid.

It isn't stupidity. They really appreciate the work done by former stooges. Viktor Yanukovych, for example, almost managed to return Ukraine to Russian vassal status before being booted out by a popular uprising. Yanukovych now resides comfortably in Russia, although he did have to give up his palace and quite a few luxuries that he enjoyed in Kiev. Edward Snowden lives somewhat less happily at the mercy of Putin's largesse now, but he is of little propaganda value anymore. He could become a bargaining chip at a later date. Donald Trump would be welcomed probably for the historic role he played as Russia's greatest victory ever for an intelligence operation. Putin basically managed to decapitate the US government, sending it into a downward spiral that will take it a long time to recover from.
EU is lifting sanctions on Yanukovich, turns out that all that shit they were saying and you repeating was just that - bullshit. In fact even Ukraine's new government is preparing for his return.
Now, I am not saying that he is a great guy, just an ordinary run of the mill president for Ukraine who happened to be not rabidly anti-russian enough for you.

Just a run-of-the-mill Ukraine president, a comedian who played the role of Ukraine president on TV before being elected Ukraine president

And now he pulls this shit! A direct gift to Putin.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/middleeast/trump-kurdish-syria-turkey-intl/index.html

Yeah, I know, Erdogan wanted it too and asked him for it. Trump is a fucking traitor.
We know that article is bullshit because the only one who really wanted to screw Kurds is Erdogan and yet they say it's gift to Putin and Assad somehow. Now, about the topic which is "Trump the Russian agent". Trump did not screw Ukraine because he was russian agent, he did it because he wanted dirt on Biden, and he is screwing Kurds now because he wants to distract from this Ukraine's bullshit he stepped in.

So stop seeing Russians everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom