• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How is this not overwhelming evidence Trump is a Russian Agent?

Go back and read what I said. It was a hypothetical, applying the same standard to a different situation.
Same? how the fuck is that the same? go and educate yourself on the history of the region so you can stop embarrassing yourself.
I do agree our behavior towards Cuba isn't the brightest but note that every time we try to get more friendly with Cuba they did something to piss us off. Castro liked our embargo, it gave him a convenient excuse to explain why Cuba was so fucked up.
How nice of you to admit that. Maybe some day you will admit other shit you did was not the brightest as well
We didn't make a coup. Your puppet was ousted for being a puppet.
Oh, you totally did, you totally did. And in 20 years there will be new books from CIA directors explaining how it was right thing to do.

No. The people didn't like him obviously being a Russian puppet. No need to engineer anything.
Nope, They did not like him because he did not sign on bullshit EU gave him and he was right, Involvement of US in the coup is fairly well documented.

Two doctrines are in play when we talk about Soviet/Russian influence and US influence. Russians believe everybody is out to get them so the claim the right to take territory as a buffer against invasion. US believes it has dominion over the Americas so they attack anything done by anyone outside ther Americas and they grab the right to correct bad behavior in the Americas.

Taking those two ridiculous but active mind sets into account the above discussion is blaming one for doing what they believe is in their best interest.

Stupid when couched in you're bad no you're bad arguments.

For instance US still has policy for China arising from communists taking over that nation in the late forties. Ergo Formosa/Taiwan is protected by US against China prohibiting communist takeover. China's claim to that island(s) is constrained by their respect for our political and military power and friendship with Taiwan.

Maybe someday there will be a president who recognises, as Trump has done for Israel, that there is no threat to the world if they have which they occupy Jerusalem as their Capital.

Two doctrines are in play when we talk about Soviet/Russian influence and US influence. Russians believe everybody is out to get them so the claim the right to take territory as a buffer against invasion.
US believes it has dominion over the Americas so they attack anything done by anyone outside ther Americas and they grab the right to correct bad behavior in the Americas.

Taking those two ridiculous but active mind sets into account the above discussion is blaming one for doing what they believe is in their best interest.

For instance US still has policy for China arising from communists taking over that nation in the late forties. Ergo Formosa/Taiwan is protected by US against China prohibiting communist takeover. China's claim to that island(s) is constrained by their respect for our political and military power and friendship with Taiwan.

Maybe someday there will be a president who recognises, as Trump has done for Israel, that there is no threat to the world if they have which they occupy Jerusalem as their Capital.

Have you heard about Crimean War? the ones which gave english word "balaclava"? you have not?
Well, let me crash-course educate you. 19 Century NATO consisting of France, England, Turkey and...... Sardinia thought that Russia was too big for their own good and decided to help Turkey to get parts of Russia, specifically Crimea. British had no other rationale for going god knows where and fight Russia, other than their discomfort with Russia's power/size.

And if you think this fear is irrational, let me remind you that French and british among others asked (privately) Gorbachev not to allow Germany reunification. They were not that excited about prospect of bigger democratic Germany.
US is running around Russia and paying money to "politicians" from former Soviet republics and Eastern block to talk trash and harras Russia, quite literally, some politicians admitted it.

Putin&Co are merely reacting at unprecedented harassing campaign and NATO expansion neocons managed to mount.
I admit that Putin have made few stupid mistakes like poisoning former agents, meddling in US elections, attempts to squash any opposition internally. But it should not overshadow the fact that all that is a result of much bigger US/Western interference.

Two doctrines are in play when we talk about Soviet/Russian influence and US influence. Russians believe everybody is out to get them so the claim the right to take territory as a buffer against invasion.
US believes it has dominion over the Americas so they attack anything done by anyone outside ther Americas and they grab the right to correct bad behavior in the Americas.

Have you heard about Crimean War? the ones which gave english word "balaclava"? you have not?
Well, let me crash-course educate you. 19 Century NATO consisting of France, England, Turkey and...... Sardinia thought that Russia was too big for their own good and decided to help Turkey to get parts of Russia, specifically Crimea. British had no other rationale for going god knows where and fight Russia, other than their discomfort with Russia's power/size.

That's not how Wikipedia describes it.

Crimean War

Crimean War
That's exactly how wiki describes it. 19 century NATO did not like that much Russia so they helped Turkey to fight it.

And yes, Crimeans had a referendum which was perfectly legal and voted to leave Ukraine the same way GB voted to leave EU, or Scotland referendum earlier where they decided to stay in GB.
Democracy is a bitch :)

Last edited:
Same? how the fuck is that the same? go and educate yourself on the history of the region so you can stop embarrassing yourself.

Same. You're saying that because the land used to be Russian it should always be. The Muslims feel the same way.

Crimean War
That's exactly how wiki describes it. 19 century NATO did not like that much Russia so they helped Turkey to fight it.

And yes, Crimeans had a referendum which was perfectly legal and voted to leave Ukraine the same way GB voted to leave EU, or Scotland referendum earlier where they decided to stay in GB.

The Ukraine referendum was obviously rigged:

1) Russia imported a lot of people to vote.

2) The status quo wasn't even on the ballot.

Crimean War

That's a new one, good job! Keep working on it.
So you are for redo? :)
Democratic governments are really in a difficult situation because people voted the way these governments did not like.

Same. You're saying that because the land used to be Russian it should always be. The Muslims feel the same way.
Cuba have never been American, Muslim is not a country by the way.

Yeah, you've presented this "evidence" before. What you're still missing is the timeline. Russia created a puppet government in part of Afghanistan and used the resistance to it as a pretext for invasion.
Historians, CIA directors, Brzheziski,... all disagree with you

Your own links disagree with your statement. Sending aid and military intervention are not equivalent.

Yeah, you've presented this "evidence" before. What you're still missing is the timeline. Russia created a puppet government in part of Afghanistan and used the resistance to it as a pretext for invasion.
Historians, CIA directors, Brzheziski,... all disagree with you

Your own links disagree with your statement. Sending aid and military intervention are not equivalent.

No. they agree. US sent military aid to "freedom" fighters 6 months prior to USSR invasion and then had kept lying about how it was other way around for 20 years. And yes, as far as cold war concerned there is no difference between that and military intervention. Russians believed that US was planning to put nukes in Afghanistan, you can say "that's crazy" but they believed that. And I can't exclude the possibility that it was not crazy at all and CIA made sure russians had that belief.

That's a new one, good job! Keep working on it.
So you are for redo? :)
Democratic governments are really in a difficult situation because people voted the way these governments did not like.

Since I've brought it up before it can't be a new one.

And I don't think there should be a redo--I think when one side is found to have rigged the election they should automatically lose, no redo. If you expect to win you don't rig the election.

I wasn't talking about Cuba.

You were saying that Russia told NATO not to expand as if that was somehow a justification for war. I was pointing out that Russia has expanded into areas Muslims consider their realm. You can't have it both ways.

No. they agree. US sent military aid to "freedom" fighters 6 months prior to USSR invasion and then had kept lying about how it was other way around for 20 years. And yes, as far as cold war concerned there is no difference between that and military intervention. Russians believed that US was planning to put nukes in Afghanistan, you can say "that's crazy" but they believed that. And I can't exclude the possibility that it was not crazy at all and CIA made sure russians had that belief.

Do you read English?

He just said aid and military intervention are not the same thing and you turn around and use aid as evidence!

We were providing aid to those opposing the Russian-controlled puppet. Russia invaded to support their puppet.

I wasn't talking about Cuba.
And I was.
You were saying that Russia told NATO not to expand as if that was somehow a justification for war.
It IS, according to US politics it employs it is.
I was pointing out that Russia has expanded into areas Muslims consider their realm. You can't have it both ways.
Muslims are somehow special, you can't expand into their "realm"? Are you some kind Islamic scholar/terrorist?

Do you read English?
Did you?
He just said aid and military intervention are not the same thing and you turn around and use aid as evidence!
And I said it was the same, that's why they were expecting/counting on soviet invasion as a result of that "aid"
We were providing aid to those opposing the Russian-controlled puppet. Russia invaded to support their puppet.
Nope, russian controlled puppet was installed after the soviet invasion.

Do you read English?
Did you?
And I said it was the same, that's why they were expecting/counting on soviet invasion as a result of that "aid"
Nope, russian controlled puppet was installed after the soviet invasion.

imgbin-john-cleese-monty-python-know-your-meme-gfycat-portrait-jxgekH1CVa7CGscqntFNDNZtj.jpg

https://books.google.com/books?id=RUSNyMH1aFQC&pg=PA72#v=onepage&q&f=false

You are not paying attention, Karmal was a russian puppet and he was installed after US tried to undermine
previous guy - Amin who by your logic was an american puppet.

Also according to your logic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Chi_Minh was a french and american puppet.
Fact is, Americans flat out lied about their involvement in Afghanistan.
and the fact is, americans assholes had an intention to draw russians into Afghanistan because they were still pissed off about Vietnam which was their own making, USSR did not create Vietnam quagmire

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom