• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Proud You Must Be of Crooked, Incompetent Biden

Oil production is greater today that it was under Trumpster.
Site? Everything I hear from media says otherwise. Even the cartoon network was claiming the USA was world's largest producer of oil during Trump.
ITT: RVonse confusing ordering with overall production.

if I produce 3 barrels and you produce 2, and I increase by 1 the following year and you increase by 3, that's "increasing production while no longer being #1 producer."

Again, with the little rhetorical cul-de-sacs in which the right tries to hide their fundamental dishonesty.

That doesn't stop present drilling. And the oil companies are sitting on thousands of acres of land they could be drilling on but aren't.
They are drilling more. But at the end of the day, oil companies are in the business of making money. And today is the most profitable time for them in history. They love these high prices. Although its not in their best interest for the US to go into a recession either. Anyway, here is a good article:

What your article fails to mention which should be noted. Trump was heavily pro oil and Biden the exact opposite. Such political climate would have to directly or indirectly greatly affect CEO decision making of the oil industry.

And, now the new CWOT is resorting to nothing but unargued spam dumps. Looks like they're ready to press the BAN-ME button and get their gold star for shitting up the atheist forums for a while.

Oil production is greater today that it was under Trumpster.
Site? Everything I hear from media says otherwise. Even the cartoon network was claiming the USA was world's largest producer of oil during Trump.
We still are. During the Obama Admin, our oil production roughly doubled. Went up another 25% under Trump. The US is the world's top producer of oil, even under scary Joe Biden.

But the US only produces 1 in 7 barrels globally, so the impact of our production on the global price is limited.

- I'm curious where you get all this great news and information that is crushing us to a pulp with its truthiness.
Wake me up if you ever find out. It’s gotta be a real gold mine of RW stupidity.
I suspect much of it is like his personal “research”, I.e. a bunch of sciencey sounding claptrap of his own invention.

“You won’t find it on the internet because I made it up and nobody in their right mind would want to publish it.”

Like the others I have identified as a CWOT, I put him on ignore. But that’s not to discount his entertainment value!
The title of his OP really says it all. Biden sucks and you really don't care. I get it.

Biden isn't great, but what the Democrats have accomplished with a 50-50 Senate and a tight House is just short of a miracle.

The Bush, Clinton, and Kennedy families were as corrupt. Trump stands out as the extreme.

Ted
I would put Clinton as most corrupt by far. Then Bush (Iraq War) with Kennedy far behind Trump.

AFAIK, Kennedy nor Trump have ever been accused of killing or wacking off their enemies.

But to be sure....they are all extremely corrupt. More than the average Joe anyway

The Bush, Clinton, and Kennedy families were as corrupt. Trump stands out as the extreme.

Ted
I would put Clinton as most corrupt by far. Then Bush (Iraq War) with Kennedy far behind Trump.
Agreed, they are all "far behind Trump".
AFAIK, Kennedy nor Trump have ever been accused of killing or wacking off their enemies.
Trying to raise an insurrection though gets at least half credit.
But to be sure....they are all extremely corrupt. More than the average Joe anyway
So yeah, Bush, Clinton, Kennedy, Trump are more corrupt than Biden.

Ted

If you are going to count accusations as legitimate indications of corruption, Trump certainly jumps ahead any Bush and Clinton in your system of calculations. Trump has almost legendary status with accusations of illegal and shady business dealings.

Warning. Any post in this forum that consists of nothing more than a series of memes will be immediately deleted and could impact your ability to post. This is a DISCUSSION forum. It says so right in the name.

Biden isn't great, but what the Democrats have accomplished with a 50-50 Senate and a tight House is just short of a miracle.
Inflation isn't a miracle. It's just bad governance.
Please explain how inflation is just bad governance.
What do you think causes inflation, anyway? Whether it's debasing the denarius or massive government debt spending, when the currency is devalued you get inflation.

Discussions of "the Left" that are limited to US politics are hilarious.

The OP suggests that if you are on "the Left" you must be proud of Biden.

I am barely even aware of Biden, but I can assure you that he's not on "the Left".

This thread is nuts. It's like a thread about the greatest soccer players of all time, that ignores anyone who didn't play for an MLS team.

Seriously, US politics hasn't had a "Left" since the 1920s. You have one centre right party, whose current President is only a source of pride insofar as literally anyone would look good compared to the last moron in the office; And an insane (and I mean that literally) hard right party of people who genuinely and passionately believe the sorts of things that, in a civilised nation, would earn you a place in secure psychiatric care.

Exhibit A being the OP himself, who apparently neither knows nor cares that the other 95% of the planet exists.

What do you think causes inflation, anyway? Whether it's debasing the denarius or massive government debt spending, when the currency is devalued you get inflation.
I think there are many factors that can cause inflation in the short-run (which is what the current inflation is). Over long periods of time, inflation is monetary phenomenon.

Massive gov't debt spending clearly does not cause inflation since we have had massive gov't debt spending under Bush, Obama and Trump without significant inflation. Literally, no one is "debasing the denarius" since we do not use commodity money that can be diluted (i.e. debased). If you mean by lowering the value of your money by "debasing the denarious", that is a consequence of inflation, which means you are literally using a tautology.

Discussions of "the Left" that are limited to US politics are hilarious.

The OP suggests that if you are on "the Left" you must be proud of Biden.

I am barely even aware of Biden, but I can assure you that he's not on "the Left".

This thread is nuts. It's like a thread about the greatest soccer players of all time, that ignores anyone who didn't play for an MLS team.

Seriously, US politics hasn't had a "Left" since the 1920s. You have one centre right party, whose current President is only a source of pride insofar as literally anyone would look good compared to the last moron in the office; And an insane (and I mean that literally) hard right party of people who genuinely and passionately believe the sorts of things that, in a civilised nation, would earn you a place in secure psychiatric care.

Exhibit A being the OP himself, who apparently neither knows nor cares that the other 95% of the planet exists.
The real left in the US is not proud of Biden at all.

So, last I knew, the US Dollar is about on par with all the other first world currency systems, with the dollar, and the yen (as a "penny"), and the euro and the GBP all just about equal, and it doesn't seem to me that the dollar is losing ground in exchange, or they might be able to talk about that, something that would really make a difference as to the position of the US in the global economy and whether our currency was objectively debased.

Every major world currency is currently experiencing high inflation.

How, exactly, do you imagine that US Government policy has caused inflation of the Australian Dollar, the Euro, or the Pound Sterling?

Your equation doesn't work when you view it from the other side; Sure, you could achieve inflation in the way that you suggest, but that doesn't mean all inflation must have that cause.

When inflation occurs in most world currencies simultaneously, it's highly unlikely to be due to any government's spending or fiscal policy.

A really good way to achieve worldwide inflation is to simply increase the cost of energy. That's the cause today, and there's little that the USA could possibly do about it.

Back
Top Bottom