• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Proud You Must Be of Crooked, Incompetent Biden

Well, I really like Biden. He is a compassionate man, who has acquired wisdom by learning from his mistakes. He has accomplished a lot more than recent presidents have, especially considering the era in which we live. I am a bit disgusted when people criticize him, when nobody else I can think of, could have done the job he's doing. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't run again, but to be perfectly honest, I can't think of another Democrat who would not only be able to defeat a Republican but who would have the ability to accomplish as much as Biden. Perhaps there is one that I don't know.

People have very unrealistic expectations when it comes to presidents. I think Democrats are worse than Republicans in that respect. But, then, perhaps you have to be older and wiser to understand that. I was unrealistic during my younger years too.

And this is why the real left doesn't like him.

:rolleyesa:
Single payer healthcare? Nope.
Wellfare for the rich ended? Nope.
Universal income? Nope.

Just to name a few.
Tell that to Congress. The president isn't a dictator. I'm not so sure that those issues have enough popular support, but no president can accomplish such things without the Congress. Perhaps if everyone would bother to vote, things would be better.

And this is why the real left doesn't like him.

:rolleyesa:
Single payer healthcare? Nope.
Wellfare for the rich ended? Nope.
Universal income? Nope.

Just to name a few.
Tell that to Congress. The president isn't a dictator. I'm not so sure that those issues have enough popular support, but no president can accomplish such things without the Congress. Perhaps if everyone would bother to vote, things would be better.

I have issues with all three arms of government. BTW Presidents talk about healthcare, Taxes and minimum wage all the time. What planet are you from? Eminiar VII?

Yes, how is any of that Biden's problem? Do you not know how laws are made?

legislative branch makes them, executive branch signs them. The president usually acts like a mascot for legislations they are interested in. Can we get to the point now?

legislative branch makes them, executive branch signs them. The president usually acts like a mascot for legislations they are interested in. Can we get to the point now?

There is a difference between being leftist and having unrealistic expectations. To resent Biden because we lack single-payer healthcare, universal income, and tax loopholes is delusional. He didn't promise any of those things, because no president can really deliver them. What he has done is get some groundbreaking legislation through a Congress that he did not control. He was able to do that, because he had enough experience to know how to push them through with the very limited leverage that he had. He could have done more with a few more Democratic senators to nullify Manchin and Sinema's chokehold on legislation, but they had control over what could be passed on 50-50 votes through the Senate. Apparently, you want him to push for idealistic goals that are impossible to achieve. Why do you believe that "real leftists" think that would be a good strategy for winning future elections?

So, where are the votes to pass any of that right now?

Nobody said anything about resenting Biden. I just wouldn't invite him or any member of the house, senate or supreme courts over to my house. There are homeless people I find more wholesome to be around.

So, where are the votes to pass any of that right now?

There are just as much votes to pass my list as there are leaders willing to end pay to win politics. So no where I guess?

Nobody said anything about resenting Biden. I just wouldn't invite him or any member of the house, senate or supreme courts over to my house. There are homeless people I find more wholesome to be around.

Sorry. I paraphrased "why the real left don't like him" as a claim of resentment. I would still claim that it is delusional not to like the man because he could not achieve impossible things and wouldn't use his office to try to push for them.

Sorry. I paraphrased "why the real left don't like him" as a claim of resentment. I would still claim that it is delusional not to like the man because he could not achieve impossible things and wouldn't use his office to try to push for them.

Hey, he's the better option and he's doing what he believes is best for the people who voted for him (and the people who didn't vote for him). I get that. I also get that he and his goals are not the only option.

Hey, he's the better option and he's doing what he believes is best for the people who voted for him (and the people who didn't vote for him). I get that. I also get that he and his goals are not the only option.
Maybe it's just the Tequila and the 'rona talking, but you've been getting into my mead again haven't you?

Back
Top Bottom